Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Server]ACME EO

Discussion on [Server]ACME EO within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old 01/29/2011, 15:40   #31

elite*gold: 0
yes cyberghoser who wrong in this!so shame cyberghoser before this released good things but now try take someone server and do his server good in scammer i think
Old 01/29/2011, 17:36   #32

elite*gold: 20
Sometimes its the the fault of the owners.
sometimes its not.

they may have lots of versions, but you must believe what the owners say.

if they say, We shut down, they shut down.

they do what they want, and by blaming them it only makes a re-start harder.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/29/2011, 18:37   #33

hans25 i dont see where u get off saying jay did it.
in game you've always wanted jay out the game, making up lies and rumours and harrassing him everytime he logs in don't deny it because you did. and if jay wanted you banned you could have been banned for harrassing staff and accusing staff or various cheating and was proved wrong, so as to wanting you banned you was let off lightly.
As karnyge said can't you read it says CYBERGHOSER1 or however you spell it did it NOT JAY. jay has not been in the database in a number of weeks and hasn't been RDTing on the server for about a 2 weeks or so i believe.
We all have our suspicions as to who told who to do what as i have my own too, but jay is not responsible, cyberghoser is the one that broke the server perhaps under orders or under a disguise of someone else who hates acme but either way it was him no one else.
And about the wipe that happened on karnyge's server, that has nothing to do with this thread its acme not el muerte zone or Eternal Darkness.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/29/2011, 20:08   #34

I agree with funhacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhacker View Post
Firstly thanks for those that are supporting ACME, sorry to those that have lost more than the staff.

For those that think forcer does not accept blame. He admitted to the mistake of server two almost right away even after I said it was pointless in doing so.
Forcer is taking more blame here than he should, I was being constantly hounded by players to get an updater, I was training someone for a few weeks on stuff but he was not ready to have full access. Then cyberghoser came along, sadly I trusted someone that had proven trustworthy before. All he will succeed in is making ACME stronger than it's ever been. With the state the database was in it made it very hard for me to implement some very fun/new/exciting ideas for ACME.

As for blame there are only 3 things to place blame on here. Trust, Me, CyberGhoser. As for him being banned here, it's really nothing to do with Epvp and it's not like he wouldn't be able to come back. Let's just hope no one else decides to trust him.

Lastly let's try not to get banned/infracted, there will be a thread you will have free-roam of whatever you wish to say to me without being banned from forums and I will do my best to keep my responses true and mature, as long as the posts are on topic of course.
All very good points. There were many issues in game, such as lack of decoding on npcs and universal alerts [like when someone receives flowers or is killed in legion chat]. The teleporter from cronus to old market and other places was glitched, some pet compose stats were really funky or incomplete, some pets like reindeer could not be purchased.. Booths, castles, ranks, legion positions, donation ranks and multiple other things were still held by players that no longer play. Not all spells work or have the right description, such as damage halved stating that the spells effect is to attack another target with a bolt of lightening. It was quite impossible to teach pets skills, there was a lack of updates, orb composing was down, it became impossible to attain the first stage of wings when appointing a pixie of 10or less *'s. It was only possible to appoint a 30+* pet- unlike before. Mounts, or at least the ones I chose to make, no longer had a first stage. Many of the casuals were ugly and needed replacing. Lots of people got so far ahead in the game from the whole fentoozler mishap, or from gaining unwarranted favours or advantages, which can now be watched through the database. For all of you that complained of the servers functionality before, you may all see the product of redesigning our very own AcmeEo.

As for Hans, which I assume is Conan because Dandra's pets were named Hans<3, scram. Seriously? Conan's BP became so high that the staff was scared of him in a GAME and decided to whipe the whole server clean rather than just deleting that one character? Proof/backup/rationalization? That's ludicrous. I'm looking forward to a clean server with new additions. Hopefully we can weed out the weak and useless along the way.

Keep it up!
Old 01/29/2011, 22:37   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcer View Post
With all respect, but we do have other things to do in life. We could close the server, but we didn't. Time goes by, interests change and we get new opportunities. We kept some people taking care of in-game problems, sadly Jay did not deliver, so we wanted to put new guy that would move things for players. Don't blame us, because we wanted to change things. It's not straight-forward that the ones who started something need to continue in getting deeply involved forever, mainly when it's done in free time. We actually try to fix the server ASAP when it's down or when database's broken.
And I do understand that. I was getting to the point of rarely coming on as well..however like I said I will be coming back when ACME is fixed. Also, I don't blame you or nooneatall I said that you guys rarely came on even before this happened. My problem is you both came back when cyberghoser1 was found and didn't seem to question trusting him even though he had lost his PM a while ago from our server. [that's what I've heard].
I also know that you guys usually fix things pretty fast when something is wrong but when the server is back up it'd be nice to have SOME staff log on once in a while to take care of the simple everyday problems [botting, BC swearing, invis summon] because the fact is almost every single GH/GM had stopped coming on before this.
Just my opinion here saying you need new staff when server comes back..
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/30/2011, 00:22   #36

I do not know how to use forums, but I would say I am very sad about what happened, I have accounts at ACME over three years, my char was over 4000BP which was won with hard work and many hours online! Play this server because I like and I feel fine, really hope to come back!
Good luck to all who are working for the ACME again, I hope this return is soon and I can see my good friends!
Old 01/30/2011, 02:11   #37

Knowing the truth and speaking and just taking total guesses are two different things. Those who knows the truth, will make up things. While people who do NOT know, will trust others. I do not know the truth, so i will not take anyone's side. I thought CyberGhoser was a good person, and he looks cool.. yes cool. im from new york.

Yesterdays science is todays common sense.

Shall we continue with the pointing fingers and spam persons' twitter and youtube?
Old 01/30/2011, 06:09   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ash View Post
Knowing the truth and speaking and just taking total guesses are two different things. Those who knows the truth, will make up things. While people who do NOT know, will trust others. I do not know the truth, so i will not take anyone's side. I thought CyberGhoser was a good person, and he looks cool.. yes cool. im from new york.

Yesterdays science is todays common sense.

Shall we continue with the pointing fingers and spam persons' twitter and youtube?
Well the fact cyberghoser has had ample opportunity to defend himself, along with the fact his most recent visit to forums was yesterday,suddenly he has nothing to say for himself. I find that kinda odd really, considering that either, if he didnt do it he'd be shouting from the rooftops that he didnt, or even at best try and shift the blame towards somebody else. We certainly dont see him doing either, or.

Not only that but you'll not be surprised to know that he's not rushing to help forcer, nooneatall or BiG-Mac with the huge task of repairing 3yrs of hard work. You'll also not be surprised to know that, immediatley after Acme's servers crashed and the ftp was wiped, he suddenly become impossible to contact. Not exactly the actions of someone who's done nothing wrong really is it!

So unless cyberghoser suddenly develops a backbone and attempts to defend himself, I'd say he was guilty as charged!
Old 01/30/2011, 06:45   #39

isn't cyberghoster Egyptian? if he is he wont be able to log on and defend himself cause all Egypt lost there internet and web sites ect.
Old 01/30/2011, 07:36   #40

well he not egyptian he is from greece i think..checked all the information about him he make others game too..good in make promise but broken it later..so far what i review about him...sorry to say that but i also sooo shock when heard he do something like that to ACME
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/30/2011, 11:40   #41

I am pleased to hear that but at the moment is AcmeEO gone offline to refresh everything.

I wish you much success and many new ideas for the new AcmeEO

Because so AcmeEO with time one of the TOP Server

greeZ chathouse

AcmeEO: n00bylein || root

Ps: Although now a bit cheeky, but not again overrides the whole cq_action.
Old 01/30/2011, 12:07   #42

Im really sad to hear this about my #1 server.
ACME was the first eoserver of its kind, they did the work and shared their experiences in server developing. They were the pioneers in eo pservers.

Now some immature punk decided to wipe the mother of all eo pservers, make me sad really, and i hope the punk in question gets what he deserve.

I know Forcer & remaining staff will be back "harder faster stronger"
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/30/2011, 19:41   #43

Meh. Stop the drama. **** happens, life goes on. I know you all are sad about one of the best servers being down and out atm but pick yourselves up. This isnt the end, its a new beginning. ACME will always come back and be stronger than ever. All i gotta say is when its up im playing and im looking forward to getting friends their and helping build the community since i havent played a eo pserver in a year now (took a break) im itching for some composing lol. Hope to see you all their when its up.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/30/2011, 20:07   #44

elite*gold: 90
its to sad that they lost everything

i know what it is if some1 delete all your stuff (nightlon in my case)

some says that you need to have backups
but i want to see them taking a daily backup of 25GB (mysql is getting big those days)

i am sure that he got backups , but probaly not on his computer but on the node itself

so if he got full acces , then everything is destroyed (including backups .. who expect that it get deleted ? )

but instead blaming him , you need to blame both sides

its sad that he deleted the files , but what is the reason behind it that he wanted to delete it ??

how comes that he could delete it , because you trusted him , but why would he then delete it ??

in my case it got deleted after i fired nightlon and i forgot to block his acces to the vps
nightlon to blame for server lost , but myself to blame for the acces i forgot to remove

the point i mean

try to make a new and better server, with the skills you got from the past few years should be good to make a perfect server with out all the rubish in it

so goodluck with acme again , and lets hope that it be a great server again

then to answer the last question
some1 says that he need to blame you as you are non active

if you ask me , its your right to be semi active , you got staff for it , they earn respect and they earn probaly parts of donations to
and you need to care of bigger problems that the staff cant take care of

if they need you , then you are there for them
and that gives you the right to take a vacation , as the other persones can keep everything online

its not easy to manage that kind of stuff , most server owners can not take a vacation as when they do that everything will fail

so keep up the good work , make a nice server and hopely you can survive again for a long time

now a other funny part
a destroyed server is not a loss , its a new start and with the knowledge of before
so a deleted server makes you only stronger , more fun for the new players (back from start) and not the silly baby problems anymore

so goodluck

Greets From PowerChaos
Old 01/30/2011, 20:31   #45

i hope it will be back soon

btw:will there still be 1 server ur will you put them together?