Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Zero
You last visited: Today at 22:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] How to make a Zero Server [Detailed]

Discussion on [Guide] How to make a Zero Server [Detailed] within the Zero forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] How to make a Zero Server [Detailed]

Hello everyone. Today I will go ahead and release a detailed guide on how to make a Zero Online Private Server.

Server Items

Server Files -
Client -
Flash Decompiler -
Hex Editor -
Simple Register Page -
Navicat -

First off extract all of the items to your desktop that way everything is ready to go.

Step 1 - Go to ZO Server Files > Mysql > Bin > Run mysql-nt then winmysqladmin. The user name is root and the password is test. You should have a green light. If not go to My Computer > Windows > Then delete the my.ini file and restart step one.

Step 2 - Editing the correct files.

Open up the AccServer and then open up the Account file and edited as below

Now open up the Config file and edited as below

Now go to the GameServer and open up the config file and edit it as below

Next you will need to open up the shell file and edit it as below

Step 3 - Editing the client

For starters you should always make back ups of every file that you edit just in case something goes wrong.

There are three things that you need to edit in the client to be able to log in.

The first one that you need to edit is the "worlds.dat" so open up your client then go to the ini folder and locate worlds.dat. Use the hex editor that I provided or one of your choice and edit the server name and ip.

Once that is done you can move on to editing s1 and w1 which are located in Flash > World > 01 > Here you will see s1 and w1. Make copies of these and paste them to your desktop. Edit these with Flash Decompiler and replace the s1 and w1 with in your client with the new updated ones.

After you are done editing the client and server files you will then need to install navicat and create a connect. There should already be a test account. The user name is test and the password is test.

Once you are done with everything you can then run the AccServer, MsgServer and NpcServer. The MsgServer will take a few minutes to load up. But once they are all up and running you can then log in!

I hope this guide was helpful. I'm sure to update this guide and add/edit things as I go. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will help anyone in anyway that I can.

People to thank for this guide are myself and idlemonkey.

Thanks
12 Users
Old 10/14/2013, 12:53   #2

thankz for that guide sir..
i have ZO server runnning in my pc but that's just self server... playing on my own for a reason "Learning and exploring how all the files and server works"

i have learned small things about it like "adding module cap level, about the NPC's and some few little things"

now, what i want to do is "how to add new units "just like what i saw from the server of sir idlemonkey, how to add fusions, how to add androids, how to do the proper translation of cq_action, and how to translate the system message and etc..

am not good at coding and making tools for editing ZO both client and server side, but still not giving up learning about it..

i wonder if you could share your knowledge about it..
thankz in advance and WELCOME back sir..

Old 10/14/2013, 17:06   #3

elite*gold: 540
Code:
GAMESERVER_IP	= [Your Ip]-->[could be your local ip and forwarded if behind a router]
ACCOUNT_IP	= [Your IP]-->[could be your local ip and forwarded if behind a router]
**\\"making your account server and gameserver listen ports your local ip will make it easier to secure and monitor"//**
MASTER_IP	= [Your IP]-->[should be your local ip and not forwarded if behind a router]
**\\"there is no need for your master ip to be open to the world as its broadcasting to itself making this your external ip will cause extra bandwidth usage for no reason" //**
you should also take note of these files
Code:
 gameserver.cfg getconfig.ini database.cfg and authorizedb.cfg
**\\"these are what you will need to edit to change your database name, host or password//**
as well as the server login and pass in the previously edited files
Code:
LOGINNAME = root
PASSWORD = test
**\\"these are the username and password the accountserver and gameserver use to communicate with each other and can be changed as well for security purposes"//**
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/14/2013, 19:58   #4

I can make a better guide for translating, Seeing how the translation method on the ZO section was originally my guide from the EO section. But seeing how translating ZO is different I will put a more in depth guide for translating ZO.

Also for those that are learning and would like to release your progress. Meaning that if you figure something out. Why not release a simple little guide for it to help give back to the community. That way we can grow as a community and help one another out!

Thanks
1 User
Old 10/14/2013, 20:09   #5

Hi, I have problem for download the Client ,can you up load it to mega or auth one ^^
Old 10/14/2013, 20:11   #6

What kind of problem do you have downloading the client?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/14/2013, 21:23   #7

I not understand how to download the Client from this web ,When i click download it will download a .flv file 70 mb or i do some mistake
Old 10/14/2013, 21:35   #8

Here are two pictures showing you where to click to download the client.

First

Second
Old 10/15/2013, 17:18   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Death[PM] View Post

Also for those that are learning and would like to release your progress. Meaning that if you figure something out. Why not release a simple little guide for it to help give back to the community. That way we can grow as a community and help one another out!
ok..i will wait for the release of your guide's..
as of now am not yet ready to share what i had learned..
but don't worry someday i will share my little knowledge about it..
Old 10/15/2013, 18:27   #10

Hello, could you make a guide on editing the worlds.dat and the w1/s1 swf files. I'm getting the 'server maintenance or internet congestion' error when i try to connect. Thanks in advance.

I can connect when I use local IP, not very useful when planning on going public xD
Old 10/15/2013, 19:41   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshiwara View Post
Hello, could you make a guide on editing the worlds.dat and the w1/s1 swf files. I'm getting the 'server maintenance or internet congestion' error when i try to connect. Thanks in advance.

I can connect when I use local IP, not very useful when planning on going public xD
probably has more to do with port forwarding ... as far as it goes you don't actually need to edit the w1/s1 files to get it to connect, only to change the display name on the buttons ...

the worlds.dat is very simple to edit anyways open it with notepad ++ or a hex editor and paste in your ip and the servername (probably in chinese) replacing it with yours

to debug where your error is you should check the connections with netstat or some network monitor that shows ports connected ...

on the computer running the client it should show that you are connected to the ip you edited it with in state established ... if the ip is different you know to change that .... if it doesnt say its connected then your problem is either a firewall on your computer or the servers firewall or router not being open to you

on the server you should check the same way and ports 5816 and 9865 should be open and listening on the ip that you edited ... if its not the right ip fix your configuration if it is but not listening then check your firewall if it is listening then check to make sure the ports are forwarded correctly in your router .... only 5816 and 9865 need to be forwarded
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/16/2013, 16:13   #12

sir... does anyone here knows where to download an offline translator?
coz i dont have an internet everyday..
i'd like to try to translate both cq_action and the system message..

a translator that can translate the chinese unicode in offline not using google translate..

plss.. share a link if someone knows..
Old 10/16/2013, 20:27   #13

take your pick

google-translate-desktop/

Install language packs using Windows Update - Microsoft Windows
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/17/2013, 12:35   #14

Got the server working, thanks Death and idlemonkey
Thanks