Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Incredible WoW Project

Discussion on Incredible WoW Project within the WoW Private Server forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Incredible WoW Project

Hey dear reader,
i want to share some Information about our project and its status.
website (currently under development and sometimes not reachable):

Currently we plan to bring up a new "World of Warcraft Private Server".
Our team consists of 3 people trying to launch the project as soon as possible.

Team Members:

Zauberer => he is out web developer and ensures that we have a great Website with everything a private server needs is included.
Peschi => he is our "WoW Database", he has an amazing knowledge about this topic. Peschi is responsible for InGame things like events, bonuses, new content and much more
Saxy (me) => I'm the guy who is coding the whole WoW Server.
Demi => Junior Developer

Project Planning:

Currently we are working on setting up a private server based on a TrinityCore that people like you can play on this server and enjoy's some good old Wrath of the Lich King content.
But as a side project I started to rewrite the whole TrinityCore which is based in C++ into Go(lang).
The status of this rewriting process is now:
Authentication Server: 100% done
World Server: 15% done
I want to have a challenge and try to rewrite this within a year (started 6 Weeks ago)

What we planned so far:
- starting with a TrinityCore based system
- parallel rewriting into an own "core"
- daily login rewards
- community guild (alliance and horde together)
- crossplay => raids, bg, dungeon finder
- own quests and custom content
- no shop system which would give you an advantage
- Global Chat
- if our community growth => community driven development

if you want to get in touch with us, and or want to be updated about this project it would be nice if you join our discord:

Technical Setup:

We will operate cloud native, so we have a full kubernetes cluster which we can scale up and down based on the number of players.
For Development we are using gitlab with the integrated CI/CD pipelines which ensures automated testing and deployment
For the automated deployment helper we are using FluxCD which is an gitOps system and allows us to control the k8s cluster with git "yeah"
For the "new core" we are working complete test driven to ensure a minimum of 90% test coverage

About me:
I'm a senior developer (L7) working for a large US Company. I have a deep knowledge in C, Go, C++, kubernetes, docker and some more technologies.

Why do i choose Go as a language for an MMO project?
Simple answer is because Go is a nice language which fits perfectly in cloud technologies. (kubernets and docker are written in Go)
Yes C++ performance is incredible, but you need to know what you are doing and as a 1 person project it may not fits correctly.
For now i took a deep look into the TrinityCore system, it is one big monolith. My approach is a decentralized micro service environment which is highly maintainable.
For now this project is not open source but my plan is to bring this project on an open source level one day.
Old 09/06/2023, 18:54   #2

looks incredible
Old 09/14/2023, 22:19   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYMOGG View Post
looks incredible
so incredible that the discord link is down
Old 09/18/2023, 17:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalacar View Post
so incredible that the discord link is down
True

Still down...
Old 09/23/2023, 23:06   #5

elite*gold: 808
Received Thanks: 1,653
#down
#closed
Closed Thread

Tags
development, incredible wow, private server, world of warcraft, wrath of the lich king