Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Unbannable Mail scam

Old   #1

elite*gold: 209
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,600
So I was reading some of the mail scams and junk. It's all the same. This is the same as everything else as well. Mine, however, will take advantage of people's greed and curiosity rather than their stupidity. Without any further ado, here is my scam.

Many people involve the wrapping paper in their scams and use the CoD system. This is a GOOD thing. Particularly for the scam I present to you now.

First, you must pick your targets. Ask some question that most higher level people will know the answer to. Now find out the levels of those that respond. Pick a few that are clearly low level alts of high level players.

Now that you have your targets, get some wrapping paper. Whether or not you choose to put actual items into the CoD mail is entirely up to you. If you choose to add an item, make it something they can use.

Wrap the items up, whether they be godly or complete crap. Then CoD them to your targets.

The key part to this scam is to appeal to their greed and curiosity. Put something along the lines of "Do you believe curiosity killed the cat?" in the subject line.

Then put something like "Curiosity is a human fallback. It can bring pain and it can bring pleasure. Either way, a satisfied moment of curiosity will always teach a person a lesson. I've attached an item to this mail with a CoD price wondering about your own curiosity. Will you give in and take the item or send the item back to me, forever wondering what could have been contained. This choice is yours."

Should you choose to send an actual item, be sure to CoD for more than what you paid for it. If you're going to send crap, then charge whatever you want.

Out of my own curiosity, I farmed until I had 50 items between the levels of 30 and 35. I then mailed them to people around those levels at a CoD of 2.5g more than I'd get in the AH.

Out of those 50 that I sent, 37 opened the mail. 9 of which thanked me for the item that they got. 5 others mailed me laughing about it. Only 2 mailed me complaining saying that they reported me.

As far as the word "Scam" is defined, this IS a scam. However, I gave everyone the choice of opening the mail. They were well aware of the fact that there could have been crap.

Anywho. Chances are, if you do send nothing but crap, I'm sure you'll end up with a warning or ban. If you send an actual item that the person could possibly use at their level or a couple levels later, then you're far less likely to get reported.

Do with this what you will.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 209
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,600
another one:

just thought of this fella so it is untested but the logic is sound.

Write a nice letter something like this

Dear Fred,

Thanks a lot for your help on our guild raid last night. i really appreciated you coming and helping our fledgling guild down our first bosses in MC.

please find enclosed the MEGA EPIC ITEM you wanted and as a thank you I wont accept more than (25% of its real value) from you.

i hope you will joijn us again sometime if you you are available and we need you.

Thanks again

birt

so what you do is send to target but write the body of the text as though it is meant for someone else. ie, the letter is sent to SCAMTargt with Dear someone else in the body of the letter itself.

You wrap a flint in wrapping paper and send the whole think cod for say 25-50% of what the item would sell for in the AH.

The target is led to believe you ****ed up and sent the letter to the wrong person 9ie Them0 instead of the person whose name is mentioned in the actuial letter.

their greed get s the better of them and they pay for the item via the cod process.

again this is only going to work in a certain percentage of cases but if you picked a well know char from your server to mention in the body of the letter some people will def fall for this.

Send a lot of them out

Old   #3

elite*gold: 0
also den 2. hab ich schonmal früher getestet... cvon 20 leuten ham 0! den angenommen... bringt nix
Old   #4

elite*gold: 20
Kann das jemand übersetzen ? =]
Kiregt Karma =D

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowfyr@Nov 7 2006, 10:22
another one:

just thought of this fella so it is untested but the logic is sound.

Write a nice letter something like this

Dear Fred,

Thanks a lot for your help on our guild raid last night. i really appreciated you coming and helping our fledgling guild down our first bosses in MC.

please find enclosed the MEGA EPIC ITEM you wanted and as a thank you I wont accept more than (25% of its real value) from you.

i hope you will joijn us again sometime if you you are available and we need you.

Thanks again

birt

so what you do is send to target but write the body of the text as though it is meant for someone else. ie, the letter is sent to SCAMTargt with Dear someone else in the body of the letter itself.

You wrap a flint in wrapping paper and send the whole think cod for say 25-50% of what the item would sell for in the AH.

The target is led to believe you ****ed up and sent the letter to the wrong person 9ie Them0 instead of the person whose name is mentioned in the actuial letter.

their greed get s the better of them and they pay for the item via the cod process.

again this is only going to work in a certain percentage of cases but if you picked a well know char from your server to mention in the body of the letter some people will def fall for this.

Send a lot of them out
Hatte ich knapp vorn 3/4 Jahr bereits auch geschrieben das man dafür nicht gebannt werden kann wenn man dazu schreibt das es auch Müll sein kann bzw zufälliges Item - theoretisch. ;P
Old   #6

sounds a bit like the movie "Saw"

"Make your choice" xD

dont think that this will work