Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server > SRO PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 01:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide][Security] Securing Your Server * 1x Game Server *

Discussion on [Guide][Security] Securing Your Server * 1x Game Server * within the SRO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old 07/14/2016, 06:38   #16

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locklyon View Post
Did you just push a 5 years old thread?.. Ignore the thread content, it's useless. The only real change you need to do is open 15779, 15884, 15881 (Gateway, Agent, Download) Ports and look in srNodeData for port changes. The other ports are closed by default in Firewall

How to identity ports in srNodeData:

And in ODBC make sure to add them in User DSN not System.
add ports to odbc?
Old 07/14/2016, 06:46   #17

elite*gold: 71
Received Thanks: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazemooking View Post
add ports to odbc?
Oh i meant something else, edited the post.
Old 07/14/2016, 07:01   #18

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
ODBC is useless.
Old 02/22/2017, 05:51   #19

elite*gold: 0
Question PLS HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locklyon View Post
Summary:
Alright, i know i haven't been around here releasing lately, been very distracted and have been resenting the ******** community, sorry i am back now and i will be writing some seriously amazing guides here! Noob friendly guides and other things too!

Objective
* We going to be managing the TCP connections and blocking the following ports -> 32000, 15880, 15882, 15885, 15883, 8080, 1433, 3306 <-
* Set mssql to local
* Set odbc to local

Result

Secures your ports
Secures your connections

Difficulty
Hard

-----------------------------------------------------------
- Alright, lets get started with the guide -
-----------------------------------------------------------

Step 1) Fire walls, knowing and understanding the firewall!

- So this guide is actually built for Windows RC2 but you can still probably get the same idea working on windows or linux or mac or whatever the hell you use to run your server on! IF you are running your website on 8080, then dont block 8080, else block 8080.
  • Step 1a) Turn on your windows firewall
  • Step 1b) Run mmc.exe [Windows Firewall with advanced security]
    • Click on New Rule
    • Choose Protocols and Ports
      • Click Next
    • Click TCP
    • Click Specific Local Ports
    • Type 15880, 15882, 15885, 15883, 19980, 8080, 1433, 3306
      • Click Next
    • Block the Connection
      • Click Next
      • Click Next again
    • Put a Name and description
      • Click Finish
So now we pretty much closed down all the ports that are open to public, you can verify this by using an online port scanner! verify that all these ports are closed! You dont ever need a reason to have them open in the first place

Step 2) Making your SQL Connection Local

- This will pretty much make your remote connection local, so if anyone knows your database username/password you will never be hacked because they cant do shit with it anyways!! Because your sql/port are all local host!
THIS IS ONLY FOR 2005 EXPRESS NOT 2008 RC2

• Step 1) Run SqlSAC.exe [SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration]
    • Click on Surface Area Configuration for services and conenctions
    • Click on Remote Connections
    • Click Local Connection Only
      • Click ok

Step 3) Making your ODBC Connection Local

- This will make your ODBC connection local, so there are methods where it was easy to just open your certificate and get the connection information of your odbc/sql data but this should help fix that!
  • Step 1) Run odbcad32.exe [ODBC Data Source Administrator]
  • Step 2) Notice how all these guides make you add information in the System DNS, well instead of that, add it to User DNS. Read the description under both and you might understand why!

Credits goes completely to: Jangan [a user from another forum] / @jangan322
Hello, I need security for my server. I easily knock it down and I do not know what the ODBC you're messing with. Sorry for my ignorance but I do not really know what it is.