Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HATE] Current system

Discussion on [HATE] Current system within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 09/04/2015, 03:30   #46

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiao View Post
-I will type it as l0l instead of lol so I can look super cool, yay
i l0led

i prefer OpenGL
Old 09/04/2015, 15:18   #47

elite*gold: 0
bro u are awesome !
Old 09/04/2015, 16:28   #48

Bot2Win

Wildstar bettter 29 September F2P
Old 09/04/2015, 22:31   #49

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
About the DPS/Heal checks that somebody mentioned on 2nd page.

It's not that "easy" to do as you said there. In fact, it would require the following part of the game to me emulated as well:

Skill usage & Damage calc. Includes buff checking, item & set checking, inventory managing,
Movement locks cooldown based.
Skill cooldown managing.

It's not easy but not impossible either. I really do like the idea itself tho.

Displacement mapping. Forget it. I'm not good when it comes to anything near visuals.

Spellcast interruption/PROPERY parry/proper blocking
Let's start with the easiest. Proper blocking could be made possible without any issues at all. No worries here. However, it wouldn't interrupt a spell being casted.

Proper parrying could technically also work, there would be an issue with the ingame displayed shit though. I can't just go and add "PARRIED" in there just like block and crit. It's not that easy, however it's possible to give a "buff" that has visuals saying "PARRIED" on top of the char. Buff goes away after one sec. So this would also work out more or less.

Spellcast interruption.
Now this shit gets interesting. Why? Cause silkroad works like this:
Mr. A used skill S on Mr B.
- Skill S used. Client tells server.
- Skill is starting - Server tells client all info: DMG, Crit, Block ...
- Skill is being casted.
- Skill is executed. - Damage & rest is displayed.

So what does this mean? The gameserver decides about all the random values before the skill has even been finished/is being casted.

Solution: Give certain skills the chance to interrupt spellcasts by actually giving them a 50ms STUN effect. That way the opponent simply stops the skill. However, this would be really boring cause basically ANY skill could be stopped as well as movement and so on. It also delays the gameplay by about 300ms. So it wouldn't really be a proper solution.

Solution #2: Break spellcasts into two skills. #1 Fake. #2 Real. This means, when the client executes the skill. Just let the gameserver handle it normally. If there is no "interrupt" skill coming from the opponent. Send the REAL skill (without casting time and DMG ONLY) to the gameserver. So all effects, dmg and so on remain the same.

The part with "if there is no interrupt skill coming from the opponent" isn't near to as easy as it sounds. But the good thing is that we can handle it completely separately.

Bot2Win Issue.
Its part of the game for waaay too long. Can be solved by newer party-oriented gameplay, but it'll stay there. However, I don't think we have had issues with botting on Elamidas. We solved it pretty nicely by giving good shit at the jobcave only and let active players kill them since honor buffs are kill based.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/05/2015, 02:26   #50

elite*gold: 70
Unfortunately akasch everything there is like semi-possible but it's closer to be impossible or so bothering that it will take time , so i think u won't even think to do it except if you have a huge patience , anyway if u gonna think to do these stuffs i wish u a GL.
Old 09/05/2015, 18:41   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by EraSro View Post
bro u are awesome !
thank you
Old 09/05/2015, 20:09   #52

Received Thanks: 1,312
So youīre telling us since months you can do anything we/you want, but where is the server or any proof? blabla we donīt need to prove anything to you faq..
Well the other question is why you left the sro community (well you are still here but keep telling us you left or leaving or whatever), if you could do SOMETHING big we canīt even imagine.
Another question is if LT and you are already able to do so, why you/LT opened Electus first?

well pserver is out since years, I guess you already know what people like and what they donīt.
Old 09/05/2015, 20:13   #53

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaSun View Post
So youīre telling us since months you can do anything we/you want, but where is the server or any proof? blabla we donīt need to prove anything to you faq..
Well the other question is why you left the sro community (well you are still here but keep telling us you left or leaving or whatever), if you could do SOMETHING big we canīt even imagine.
Another question is if LT and you are already able to do so, why you/LT opened Electus first?

well pserver is out since years, I guess you already know what people like and what they donīt.
Electus is my own server, Akasch is not involved, Akasch left sro scene for a while and came back.
Old 09/05/2015, 20:24   #54

Received Thanks: 1,312
Well basicly you created/edited the server, but the ideas are Akaschs and yours so I also call his name if it comes to Electus (he also helped with bug fixes and invested time into protection/server slots etc)
Old 09/05/2015, 20:47   #55

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
His ideas ? wat ? I never used his ideas and also the time he invested was only on server slots nothing, nothing related to protection
Old 09/05/2015, 20:58   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief* View Post
His ideas ? wat ? I never used his ideas and also the time he invested was only on server slots nothing, nothing related to protection
you stole his ideas hh
Old 09/05/2015, 20:59   #57

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1Q B0SS View Post
you stole his ideas hh
I'm confused as to how you even have internet access.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 09/05/2015, 21:03   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickedNite View Post
I'm confused as to how you even have internet access.
y u jealous because you dont know how to troll people
Old 09/05/2015, 21:22   #59

Received Thanks: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief* View Post
Unleash your imagination and say something, and I'll tell if it's possible or not.
Balance between EU/CH
Old 09/05/2015, 22:49   #60

Received Thanks: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatyO View Post
Balance between EU/CH
It's possible, Salvation SRO balanced both Races extremely out without Issues.

As a Wizard, only casting Meteor wasn't the way. You had to use Fear or Combustion, Charged Squall or Earth Fence.

Warriors using Dare Devil was a fatal mistake, in fact, a skilled Warrior would have taken Advantage of using all three Weapon Masteries and their Lv.70 Skills (50% DMG Inc while the Enemy is under Stun/Dull/Sleep/Sleep)

Knock Down = 50% more Damage + with those Debuffs another 50% = Lv.70 Skills were stronger then Dare Devil.
Thanks
1 User