Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HATE] Current system

Discussion on [HATE] Current system within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 11/15/2015, 22:56   #151

elite*gold: 0
Im just gonna copy paste this here so maybe someone gets inspired by it or wants to discuss it further ^^ :

So the saying "long-term" is quiet popular these days in the advertising section, but what about a "short-term" server? im not talking about closing after a week, im talking about refreshing everything weekly. Every week all characters are set back to lv1, lose all gold/items. Sounds lame right? but what if you were to gain some kind of "points" everyweek and those points are not refreshed but add on week by week?

Now lets say the way you are to gather these points changes every week. one week is about arena/ctf based point collection, the next is about who was the most active jobber, the next could be about who got the highest lvl with an unusually low exp rate, who got the highest + on a shtty alchemy rate... So everyweek there would be a new agenda, new task to gather those "points". But this too would get boring and pointless after a while because noone would have a proper set etc and wouldnt be able to pvp. So how about we add an alternate server where you use those points to buy set/buffs/silk items/premiums etc, and that server never wipes the sets/lvls?

The advantage of such a server would be new players would find it easier to gather those necessary points that you need in the main (lets say pvp-server) since the point-gathering server(lets call it the pve server) would restart weekly.. and even more, every week the players would have to do different things which would keep them interested. Think about weekly tasks like "exp gathered in an item/exp share party"; it would force people to form parties and work together. if you were to limit the HWID limit to 1, people would have to spend time together. For example, amount of guild points acquired on that week, or most kills in pvp (given that all characters were given a similar set/buff/silk items for that week). just imagine the possible events you could come up with weekly... Because all players are expected to do the same things as the other players each week, there would be competition and people would have to see other players more often, if all players are jobbing the whole week, its bound to be job wars, if all players are pvp all week imagine that scene And mean while in the main server, players who have gathered sufficient points could pvp / arena / ftw, whatever.

"But how do we get players to spend time in the pvp server and not keep farming in the pve server?" you may ask... Lets say the pve part of the server is old-school trade system but the pvp part is the new trade system (consigment trades/target trades black/blue/medium quality stones etc... job sets/job set blues from job war arena) With an increased rate in amount of consigment trades and job war arena(lets say hourly?) people in the pvp server would have things to do beside kicking each others asses.

There will actually be 2 servers (1 pve 1 pvp(sorta)) The pve server (the one with the weekly changing events) is going to get wiped weekly but the pvp server (where the "points" are stored) is going to remain unchanged. Currently in all the servers people either bot 24/7 and hit cap and farm stones/gold whatever or on servers with coin system the veteran players are just dominating while the new players are getting shit on because its crazy to assume a new player with 9dg sun set stands a chance in battle arena vs a immortality set old player. Or if you expect a player with nova staff to steal a job unique from the veteran fight +12 player. But in my suggestion new players have a way of farming up their items because of the weekly restart putting everyone in the same level and giving everyone the opportunity to compete. And if i wasnt clear on the point rewarding system, not only the "first ranking" players get points, but everyone gets points accoring to how well they did on the weekly task.(lets say someone hit 24395721 job experience and someone else has hit 2439572 experience they get 1/10 amount of "points")

Its just a "raw" idea so far, i was just excited when i thought it up and wanted to share, i might edit in the future if i think of ways to improving it, share your thoughts

And an unrelated idea...: you know the silk item "tiger tablet of sales(or smth like that")? Its a silk item that shows you the items you sold through consigment... Lets reverse the idea and make a system where it shows you the items other people put in consigment that fits your search criteria.. To clarify, lets say you want to buy a sos/som/sun spear +5++ fb etc.. when someone registers that in the consigment, the system allerts you and you can check the price/stats of the items(and maybe even buy it) while you are questing somewhere in roc mt..