Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Every SRO PServer gets ruined, WHY?

Discussion on Every SRO PServer gets ruined, WHY? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Every SRO PServer gets ruined, WHY?

I understand there aren't many SRO PServers because of lack of database files, I understand SRO isn't as popular as WoW/Aion and therefor isn't as exploited. But the private servers that we do have, always get ruined. I've played on every single PServer I think, SWSRO, SJSRO, ECSRO, ZSZC, but they always have some stupid fatal flaw.

And the most common of all these, is having the skill cap at 70 and level cap 20-50 levels higher than the skill cap. I don't understand this, it's almost like you're actively releasing a horribly broken SRO and calling it SRO. Using SJSRO as an example, I had a fully farmed 90 on that server, but still only 70 cap skills. It was a joke to believe that anything was balanced. It was a joke to believe that because I had a 90 there that it was going to be like 90 PvP. (It's a joke to think that even if it had 90 skills, since it was a private server and without euros, but that's besides my point.)

WHY MUST YOU RAISE THE CAP WHEN THE SKILL CAP IS SO MUCH LOWER? It RUINS the PvP of SRO, which is the only aspect of SRO anyone ever gave a shit about. Not only are you making it harder to hit cap level, but you're stripping the reward of hitting cap, which is the get new skills, and your character's power scales with each level. Instead you're seeing level 90's-120's bladers without lightning chain/effects/quad-stab, glaivers without soul-spear emperor/dull, bowers without knockback and stun. It's a 70 cap with higher stats making it a horrible PvP experience. Needless to say, I quit SJSRO when the cap was 90, and I was a FF 90.

You can keep the donation shit, I'm not complaining about that and I'm not going to enter in an argument about how shit like that ruins PServers, every PServer needs donations. Have douchebags spend 100USD for SoSun +15 gear, buy SP, even buy cap-level characters. But why not have one single server that's 70 cap with 70 skills. At least you could conceivably have an actual private server that isn't completely a joke. Or am I missing the memo, that every douchebag HAS to raise the level cap ASAP without bothering waiting for the progress of the skill caps.

For the players that played iSRO at 70 cap, it was actually fun. There was a subtle balance, even with the mixture of SoS's, but you can't expect any MMO to NOT have OP shit that separates the top guys from the mid-range and lowbies.

And I remember waiting for ESRO and they were going to leave the XP at 10x, and not have bots, cut that carebear shit out. "The fun isn't hitting cap and PvPing, the fun is getting there." I remember reading that and I wanted to strangle that person to death... ..in-game. If you're not down for the PvP experience and most specifically the CAP-LEVEL PvP THAT ISN'T PURE SHIT, you're playing the wrong game, and you're on the wrong forums, hopefully the people here can agree with me as far as that goes.
Thanks
18 Users
Old 08/23/2010, 21:18   #2

Old 08/23/2010, 21:18   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael43 View Post
I understand there aren't many SRO PServers because of lack of database files, I understand SRO isn't as popular as WoW/Aion and therefor isn't as exploited. But the private servers that we do have, always get ruined. I've played on every single PServer I think, SWSRO, SJSRO, ECSRO, ZSZC, but they always have some stupid fatal flaw.

And the most common of all these, is having the skill cap at 70 and level cap 20-50 levels higher than the skill cap. I don't understand this, it's almost like you're actively releasing a horribly broken SRO and calling it SRO. Using SJSRO as an example, I had a fully farmed 90 on that server, but still only 70 cap skills. It was a joke to believe that anything was balanced. It was a joke to believe that because I had a 90 there that it was going to be like 90 PvP. (It's a joke to think that even if it had 90 skills, since it was a private server and without euros, but that's besides my point.)

WHY MUST YOU RAISE THE CAP WHEN THE SKILL CAP IS SO MUCH LOWER? It RUINS the PvP of SRO, which is the only aspect of SRO anyone ever gave a shit about. Not only are you making it harder to hit cap level, but you're stripping the reward of hitting cap, which is the get new skills, and your character's power scales with each level. Instead you're seeing level 90's-120's bladers without lightning chain/effects/quad-stab, glaivers without soul-spear emperor/dull, bowers without knockback and stun. It's a 70 cap with higher stats making it a horrible PvP experience. Needless to say, I quit SJSRO when the cap was 90, and I was a FF 90.

You can keep the donation shit, I'm not complaining about that and I'm not going to enter in an argument about how shit like that ruins PServers, every PServer needs donations. Have douchebags spend 100USD for SoSun +15 gear, buy SP, even buy cap-level characters. But why not have one single server that's 70 cap with 70 skills. At least you could conceivably have an actual private server that isn't completely a joke. Or am I missing the memo, that every douchebag HAS to raise the level cap ASAP without bothering waiting for the progress of the skill caps.

For the players that played iSRO at 70 cap, it was actually fun. There was a subtle balance, even with the mixture of SoS's, but you can't expect any MMO to NOT have OP shit that separates the top guys from the mid-range and lowbies.

And I remember waiting for ESRO and they were going to leave the XP at 10x, and not have bots, cut that carebear shit out. "The fun isn't hitting cap and PvPing, the fun is getting there." I remember reading that and I wanted to strangle that person to death... ..in-game. If you're not down for the PvP experience and most specifically the CAP-LEVEL PvP THAT ISN'T PURE SHIT, you're playing the wrong game, and you're on the wrong forums, hopefully the people here can agree with me as far as that goes.
That's just the way it is...... things will never be the same...... that's just the way it is......awww yeahhhh
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/23/2010, 21:19   #4

no comment
Old 08/23/2010, 21:20   #5

the skills cap isn't at 70... there is updated skills. What are you talking about?
Old 08/23/2010, 21:23   #6

Quote:

That is how it works.. But really.. Its not too bad these days.. Only by 10 lvls usually, its bareable.. You just have to live with it or play iSRO
Old 08/23/2010, 21:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by r7slayer View Post
the skills cap isn't at 70... there is updated skills. What are you talking about?
Fire shield emperor updated does not make a shit in half the PvP's that go on. ECSRO, SJSRO, every private server I've played on has 70 cap skills, and at the MOST THOSE are the only skills that are updated. "Heaven chain goes to level 20!" No NEW skills, such as lightning chain, soul spear emperor, etc, etc ET CETERA. In fact, has anyone gotten snow shield working? I mean if we're going pure chinese here.

A level 80 on iSRO was using soul-spear emperor. Why must a level 120 be stuck with soul-spear soul, and truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exicuton View Post
That is how it works.. But really.. Its not too bad these days.. Only by 10 lvls usually, its bareable.. You just have to live with it or play iSRO
Both of your options are unbearable. I don't stir shit storms to be given ultimatums that can be related to "You can ever stab yourself in the eye or hammer your testicles." I'll stick to neither, until a better option arrives.

The point was, I was just wondering:

1. Why that's always the case. Is there some coding dilemma people are running into where 70 cap disagrees with 70 skills which sounds like bullshit just as I'm typing it.

2. If that isn't the problem, has no one else even thought of this? If they have, they probably see it more profitable to raise the cap and keep suckers paying to hit cap just like joymax.
Old 08/23/2010, 21:32   #8

Quote:
For the players that played iSRO at 70 cap, it was actually fun. There was a subtle balance, even with the mixture of SoS's, but you can't expect any MMO to NOT have OP **** that separates the top guys from the mid-range and lowbies.
lv70 cap ftw >,<
Old 08/23/2010, 21:35   #9

Quote:
In fact, has anyone gotten snow shield working? I mean if we're going pure chinese here.

Both of your options are unbearable. I don't stir **** storms to be given ultimatums that can be related to "You can ever stab yourself in the eye or hammer your testicles." I'll stick to neither, until a better option arrives.

The point was, I was just wondering:

1. Why that's always the case. Is there some coding dilemma people are running into where 70 cap disagrees with 70 skills which sounds like bullshit just as I'm typing it.

2. If that isn't the problem, has no one else even thought of this? If they have, they probably see it more profitable to raise the cap and keep suckers paying to hit cap just like joymax.
It is working.. But maybe not 100% bugless

Yea i know what u mean..

Well atm swsro is going at 110/120 skill/lvl.. And its working quite well.. They just added some european OP nukes to boost int's dmg even more.. But yea a private server isnt like iSRO at all.. Im pretty sure we all wish that we had a FF 110 of own choice on any server we'd like in iSRO.. But thats something u have to fight for..
Old 08/23/2010, 21:38   #10

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 4,729
Touché
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/23/2010, 21:42   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
d00d.. just listen to this crap:
as i said MORE THEN ENOUGH TIMES: Those 16/9 viewers (chinks) only care about your freaking money!
they don't give a shit about game balance.
they raise the level caps and skill caps. fix some skills and leave some unfixed! why? because it is a new reason to buy silk. they don't give a flying fu** about the build balance!

i played on isro as well when there was a 70 cap.and i had a bunch of fun. actually the pvp was a pretty nice technique thing. which skills in which order to use. there was no big difference about someone having a sos weapon. it was the technique that was interesting.

Play on p-servers. do it... the only thing you will see is full sunners (those who have money), even some people which have more STR/INT points then others (money gives you anything!!even if it's not in the pricing list!!!), and you can only see some uber-strong chars due to their SUN equipment hunting TIGER GIRL AT LEVEL120!!!

Fact is: P-servers are there to grind and to spend money in order to be good!
the intention of the server hosters: MAKING MONEY FROM DUMBFUCKS LIKE YOU!

the only reason why there's a lack of private servers is that these freaking chinks are too greedy to sell / release the freaking STOLEN server files!
let hem burn in hell with their fascist thoughts!
Chill out dude.. You dont have to pay for every pserver.. And yea servers like SJSRO and MYSRO is pretty fked up with uber gear and shit.. But ZSZC and SWSRO doesnt have that.. At least not in that size of matter.. And yea they enjoy earning money on ppl who buy silks and stuff.. Let them.. Its the players choice whether they want to or not..
Old 08/23/2010, 21:46   #12

I never spent a dime on iSRO, I spent 15 bucks on ECSRO, I didn't spend a dime on SJSRO. And the only server of those 3 I didn't experience cap-level PvP on was ECSRO. You're preaching to the choir when it comes to not wasting money on dumb ****.

But donation was not the issue/argument, neither was SRO's core balance system, and I made that clear. Get out with that bullshit and make a new thread, one that has been made a thousand times on a thousand other SRO forums.
Old 08/23/2010, 21:48   #13

Quote:
I never spent a dime on iSRO, I spent 15 bucks on ECSRO, I didn't spend a dime on SJSRO. And the only server of those 3 I didn't experience cap-level PvP on was ECSRO. You're preaching to the choir when it comes to not wasting money on dumb ****.

But donation was not the issue/argument, neither was SRO's core balance system, and I made that clear. Get out with that bullshit and make a new thread, one that has been made a thousand times on a thousand other SRO forums.
was that directed to me?
Old 08/23/2010, 21:48   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
was that directed to me?
Yes, that was.
Old 08/23/2010, 21:50   #15

i'm outta here