Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's talk - Private servers 2020

Discussion on Let's talk - Private servers 2020 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 08/16/2020, 16:46   #76

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
I'm convinced that 90% of the people who say they want a better server that isn't an overedited rainbow puke wouldn't be playing EliteSRO if it came back in the original settings when it was 100 cap.
It was my first private server after I left iSro (1.5 months after they released 110 cap I left due to sox losing it's value and importance, and other stuffs) EliteSRO was the best. There were no edits and it might be the last server I played while enjoying it. I never get to play ZSZC ECSRO befcause I was a solid iSro player. But man EliteSRO was something else.

I will never understand why people wants to play those shiny fully editted servers. I really respect to the open market dynamics but main problem is the ones who realizes that those servers are not fun, starts to look normal least editted servers and they see that these servers has really low amount of player so they leave silkroad scene for sure. I tried couple "reborn - rebirth" servers but man it was really ugly...

I respect everyone's opinion but I feel like the core squad left silkroad and moved on to the other games or moved on with their lives. As I remember the biggest legit non bot guild Avalon in Venus left silkroad after the release of 110 aswell and they moved on the BlackDesert (even the gamemasters of the silkroad moved on there)

We allways tried to find a way to minimize the effort (which is really normal for the human race since it's written in our codes) by botting, opening multi-clients and so on. But I am sure that most of the people realized that this is actually killing the game (killed). Can we blame players for trying to find a easier way to get the power against other one? No. WOW spending millions for their protection system. Why Joymax couldn't stop it?

Some servers created systems like everyone mentioned before; jobbing for coins, coins for items, crafts and many more sh**y systems that I don't even know about. They all did it to make people stop botting (or atleast make botting useless) What most people didn't understand about this game is that; Silkroad is a journey, a journey that contains lots of PVE, group fightings, PVP, group PVPs. But everyone wants to be focused on PVP 7/24 in order to show their dominance to forget their pitty life. Instead of creating systems to make bot useless try to understand the main roots by checking official Japanese Silkroad, Korean Silkroad. Megamax done something really great, we all discussed in the closed-open phases and decided to make auto hunting mode less rewarding. Full afk botting (which is; bot buys pots by itself, walks back to the hunting area) killed the game and we keep creating non-sense systems to make bot disabled.

The only solution we can find is sticking together. We are allready really small community regarding to other games, it's really amazing to see that some people still wanna keep the game and it's memory alive after 15 years even though main founder company Joymax/JCPlanet wants to kill their game. We should not divide players according to the their races or nations. Instead of puking the rage we collected irl, we should try to help and talk. We all love this game, we just need to take care eachother instead of slandering or pointing them out to make them humiliated. We don't know eachother, we must protect each other in all cost for the love of silkroad.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/16/2020, 18:51   #77

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by karaberry View Post
The only solution we can find is sticking together. We are allready really small community regarding to other games, it's really amazing to see that some people still wanna keep the game and it's memory alive after 15 years even though main founder company Joymax/JCPlanet wants to kill their game. We should not divide players according to the their races or nations. Instead of puking the rage we collected irl, we should try to help and talk. We all love this game, we just need to take care eachother instead of slandering or pointing them out to make them humiliated. We don't know eachother, we must protect each other in all cost for the love of silkroad.
Since this is a business for 99% of the people who are getting into making a server of their own, sad part is that not many are willing to just work in harmony, as much as possible.I'd love to team up with a few people now that I've grown up a little more compared to 6 years ago.
Old 08/16/2020, 19:27   #78

elite*gold: 83
Quote:
Since this is a business for 99% of the people who are getting into making a server of their own, sad part is that not many are willing to just work in harmony, as much as possible.I'd love to team up with a few people now that I've grown up a little more compared to 6 years ago.
Well, Why don't you?
Old 08/16/2020, 19:44   #79

Quote:
Tbh I always had a dream about trying myself in psro, especially cuz I used to create plugins for cs 1.6, minecraft, and helped with metin2 server to my friend, but the sro files is black magic for me. Maybe if I get some motivation to learn everything from 0 about this I would try to make a server just for my friends, I mean like 10-20-30 people just to get some fun here, and get some experience with sro files, but am too lazy these times, but yeah, it's nice to have a dreams :P
Old 08/16/2020, 19:56   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaryus View Post
Well, Why don't you?
You must be new around here to not know my reputation.
Old 08/16/2020, 20:35   #81

Quote:
You must be new around here to not know my reputation.
Does my account look new to you, I know all about u and reputation and I know for a fact that you seem entirely different if that thread was in 2015/16 your responses would've been a whole lot different the word toxic wouldn't even do it justice.

Everytime i seen ur name or Goofie's name way back I personally used to think "wow these guys must be very ******* sad it must really suck to be them" and how many times one of my friends came to me saying Wicked is ddosing my server and i don't know what to do i simply used to cringe however right now you actually seem like your a cool dude i don't know what kind of change happened to you in life but whatever it is I'm honestly very happy for you and i'm glad you doing alright and this Wicked i'm sure i can find at least 4 or 5 server creators to work with you but what i'm right now wondering whether you can actually, if you were to join a team with good funding and professionals who know what they are doing would you be able to keep up with the devs now a days the community has changed since the last server you worked on.
Old 08/16/2020, 21:22   #82

I guess this discussion is quite pointless. Ppl nowadays want easy gaming, are willing to pay for their stuff and can't control more than 3 button the same time.

Ppl don't want to play on servers where you can't buy advantage over other users. If there is no hype they don't join. Equal gear is not accepted. Without bot... they don't want to join.

Yesterday somebody joined to a cap 60 server I am playing. After saying "sa", he/she directly asked for a bot and could not understand how someone reaches lv60 without "3rd part". I guess this is a perfect mirror image of the silkroad community in 2020.

//I forgot to mention that ppl are willing to use scripts for pvp as well, just to gain advantage.
Old 08/16/2020, 22:44   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKeks View Post
I guess this discussion is quite pointless. Ppl nowadays want easy gaming, are willing to pay for their stuff and can't control more than 3 button the same time.

Ppl don't want to play on servers where you can't buy advantage over other users. If there is no hype they don't join. Equal gear is not accepted. Without bot... they don't want to join.

Yesterday somebody joined to a cap 60 server I am playing. After saying "sa", he/she directly asked for a bot and could not understand how someone reaches lv60 without "3rd part". I guess this is a perfect mirror image of the silkroad community in 2020.

//I forgot to mention that ppl are willing to use scripts for pvp as well, just to gain advantage.
Honestly there's not much you can do to balance this.One way or another people will somehow find something to complain about, in their eyes something will be making your server pay2win, or something won't but they'll cry that so called "no lifers" will have an edge over them, i've encountered it in the past plenty and I see it's still the case today.
Old 08/17/2020, 02:39   #84
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
Quote:
Honestly there's not much you can do to balance this.One way or another people will somehow find something to complain about, in their eyes something will be making your server pay2win, or something won't but they'll cry that so called "no lifers" will have an edge over them, i've encountered it in the past plenty and I see it's still the case today.
tbf, that is the nature of almost everything in this world

I have a stupid saying that "if *** would open the heavens and show himself to the people, someone would complain"

you cant never satisfy people
Old 08/17/2020, 06:47   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
tbf, that is the nature of almost everything in this world

I have a stupid saying that "if *** would open the heavens and show himself to the people, someone would complain"

you cant never satisfy people
Yeah but u kinda missed the point while u can never satisfy everyone thats a fact and its ten times worse in this community thats also a fact however the purpose of the thread isn't how to satisfy the players is how to stop the server devs and creators from being greedy if enough players come here and say "I ******* hate crates" servers creators are bound to make a change eventually. And at the same time share ideas perhaps some unknown player out there has a solid fresh idea that might work.
Old 08/17/2020, 19:18   #86

All the depends on the server's target audience, from what I've seen the servers that are actually play2win are just a small side thing hobby projects that sooner or later the creators lose motivation. The game has been pay2win since 60-70cap and even then you probably could've bought sun/gold for $ (maybe someone who actually played back then can confirm). Any game that sells anything beoynd visuals is by default pay2win just to varying degrees.

Also, at this point, the game is so old and niche that any "play2win" server wouldn't attract the people who actually spam buy silk and keep the server/business running hence making the play2win servers just small hobby projects. Pretty sure the only reason people still play Silkroad is either for the unique nostalgia or quick dopamine/ego rush of buying everything with silks. The way I see it's just natural evolution of this type of a game, isro was already insanely pay2win from the moment 90% of the remaining community started, yet in most cases the nostalgia is linked to things like grinding (which this game was originally mostly made for), interacting with other players and being a "noob", something that now has almost completely died off.
Old 08/18/2020, 16:00   #87

GameGami will open 90 CAP FULL CH server with licence of JOYMAX.

It will be 5 server.

Everything will be like old time. Max 1-2 months we still waiting.

Old 08/18/2020, 22:29   #88

elite*gold: 2700
Received Thanks: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by clericakar View Post
GameGami will open 90 CAP FULL CH server with licence of JOYMAX.

It will be 5 server.

Everything will be like old time. Max 1-2 months we still waiting.

and? They will just keep milking you guys like Jcplanet does? Are you guys blind to it or what xd
Old 08/19/2020, 00:51   #89

elite*gold: 1
Well, Silkroad was always Pay2Win game. Since 2006 even when Silk Items were untradeable people selling Immos/Astrals by put it into the item for some amount of gold. Same as 9livez said before, community also loved to buy items for $$$.

About private servers they're 'trying' to make it Play2Win. Even if on 99,9% server Non Donator have no chance against active Donator. For me best times were on ECSRO, but it was only one priv around so its diffrent situaiton. Now when you join private server you can just see: "WTB Elixirs/Stones/Items for Silk", such a joke.
There are tons of new servers which die after one week and then make reopening just to milk money from the players. Sro community loves this hype of "grand openings", joining server for max month and then leave, because server's hype is over. I don't think if we can change it

I would like to see a Long Term server which is fully Play2Win. Who knows, maybe it gonna come soon?
Old 08/19/2020, 01:29   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy© View Post
and? They will just keep milking you guys like Jcplanet does? Are you guys blind to it or what xd
silk items will untredable like old times.

you can catch old times

90 cap full ch old sro feeling

gamegami is coming bro they will come with 5x server WOW