Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Questions about the game are reduced FPS

Discussion on Questions about the game are reduced FPS within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Questions about the game are reduced FPS

- Hi Guys.
- I have a problem with FPS in the game. As the video you see, when the character is outside the safe zone, there will be an FPS number out of 100. But when entering a safe area and there are Online players (Currently about 10 people) My FPS is slipping to 30 FPS even 25 FPS. So the question is, what is the cause of such a serious loss of FPS?
- This is personal computer configuration: intel i5 3470 4 core 4 threads, Ram 16GB, bandwidth 45 Mbps, SSD 150GB.
- This is the server configuration: E5 v4 8 core 8 threads, Ram 12GB, bandwidth 100 Mbps, SSD 100GB.
- I need an effective answer and I will appreciate that answer .. Thank you all.
Old 08/12/2019, 23:40   #2

elite*gold: 14
if you want a better FPS in the players area, just get a better Graphic Card

Better Graphic Card = Better FPS
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/13/2019, 08:41   #3

The server has nothing to do with your FPS, it's all about your graphic card. So if you're planning to launch a server there is nothing to worry. If you're with Intel HD graphics this difference in fps is normal.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/13/2019, 20:25   #4

The graphics card I'm using is Rx570 8gb. I play the graphics games still very smooth.
Old 08/13/2019, 22:26   #5

GPU is not always the case of stuttering or frame dropping, guys.

What is your CPU and Clockspeed? Is it overclocked to a value where it gets unstable? (E.g. my old i5-4690K was pretty flimsy at 4.2GHz, but was working just fine on 4.0GHz)
What is your RAM? DDR3? DDR4? How much GB? Clockspeed?
Other than that, do you use Shadows as "Detailed"? That is pretty much crappy calculated as a vect. Disable them or turn them down.
Harddrive nearly full?
Running any 3rd-Party frame capping applications like RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server), MSI or even some overlay applications like f.lux and Co.?
Disable them for this purpose and test again.

Just make a selective "disable all, start game, test, start few applications, test again" till you sort out the problem.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/13/2019, 22:50   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
GPU is not always the case of stuttering or frame dropping, guys.

What is your CPU and Clockspeed? Is it overclocked to a value where it gets unstable? (E.g. my old i5-4690K was pretty flimsy at 4.2GHz, but was working just fine on 4.0GHz)
What is your RAM? DDR3? DDR4? How much GB? Clockspeed?
Other than that, do you use Shadows as "Detailed"? That is pretty much crappy calculated as a vect. Disable them or turn them down.
Harddrive nearly full?
Running any 3rd-Party frame capping applications like RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server), MSI or even some overlay applications like f.lux and Co.?
Disable them for this purpose and test again.

Just make a selective "disable all, start game, test, start few applications, test again" till you sort out the problem.
True in case of stuttering there are other factors such as HDD random access speed and RAM size. If ram is too low it will start to swap the memory so it will stutter. Same for the HDD especially when you're on town and the game is trying to load multiple objects and if you're using HDD it will stutter, if you got SSD install the game in there.
Also single core performance of your cpu is important too, when there are too many objects sro easily reaching the limits of single core, since sro isn't designed to use multiple cores fps drop happens which is normal.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2019, 00:19   #7

Nothing you do will fix this game which runs poorly even on modern hardware. It's an old game running on a ****** old engine. It has nothing to do with specs, FPS will drop even on a PC with an i9 CPU and a 2080 graphics card.

Your own system is not only capable of running 20 clients at the same time, it could even host a SRO server which is much harder to run than a silly little client. This further proves that this is not a hardware issue but rather a software one. Bad joymax software.

(Those cancerous wings and color effects probably aren't helping the game's performance either)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2019, 07:51   #8

Seems this game is quite old. Turning off the dragon wings effects or the server's NPC effect seems to increase the client's smoothness. Thanks for your answer.
Old 08/14/2019, 08:34   #9

The game is designed on the old platform. It doesn't use all the power of a computer.
Simple way: Disable all effect.
Other way: Replace all model to dump model (replace all link *.bsr to ***)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2019, 08:44   #10

elite*gold: 6
This game was designed in 2005, don't expect much from such an old game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/16/2019, 14:57   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rares495 View Post
Nothing you do will fix this game which runs poorly even on modern hardware. It's an old game running on a ****** old engine. It has nothing to do with specs, FPS will drop even on a PC with an i9 CPU and a 2080 graphics card.

Your own system is not only capable of running 20 clients at the same time, it could even host a SRO server which is much harder to run than a silly little client. This further proves that this is not a hardware issue but rather a software one. Bad joymax software.

(Those cancerous wings and color effects probably aren't helping the game's performance either)
I beg to differ from this "experience".

Runs smoothly and constantly at 166FPS with maxed settings + enhanced shadow settings (max limit of shadow vectors casted are 5, ASM => 99) more than 3 clients with server running on the same machine.

Those "cancerous effects" are simple image files, no real GPU based particles.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/18/2019, 22:06   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
I beg to differ from this "experience".

Runs smoothly and constantly at 166FPS with maxed settings + enhanced shadow settings (max limit of shadow vectors casted are 5, ASM => 99) more than 3 clients with server running on the same machine.

Those "cancerous effects" are simple image files, no real GPU based particles.
Then you haven't gone into a populated town, my friend. Even a Samsung smart fridge should run this game on max details but somehow FPS always drops when there are many characters in town (30+). ALWAYS. The camera movement feels laggy and the crappy animations aren't as smooth, which is how you notice those frame drops in the first place.

That's always been my experience ever since 2006. And please don't tell me it's due to my PC. This little guy runs any game on high/ultra settings.

Old 08/23/2019, 14:31   #13

Quote:
Then you haven't gone into a populated town, my friend. Even a Samsung smart fridge should run this game on max details but somehow FPS always drops when there are many characters in town (30+). ALWAYS. The camera movement feels laggy and the crappy animations aren't as smooth, which is how you notice those frame drops in the first place.

That's always been my experience ever since 2006. And please don't tell me it's due to my PC. This little guy runs any game on high/ultra settings.

That might your experience, sure, but I never faced such stuttering/lagging issues with my hardware. There is more than just having a fancy pancy new top-tier hardware running at the background.
I started playing this game back in 2002, the real beta stages. If you have experienced those times, then you know what unoptimized gameplay in SRO means.
The vsro188 client is limited to cast 5 shadows only and is by itself pretty messy (not alike the cSRO client). Doesn't matter if you are in a crowd town, or having 200 mobs around you (and killing those yielding in EXP/SP orbs floating around - that one is a killer), as long as you already face issues with the limited shadow calculation of 5, then something is frankly wrong at your side.
As I've already mentioned, you can manipulate the value for the game engine to be capable of casting more shadows ingame - I am not facing any stuttering or lagging. Might be worth checking your drivers and OC settings.
Old 08/23/2019, 17:29   #14

Quote:

Stutters are because of your HDD. To reduce RAM usage sro doesn't load all char objects into the ram so it tries to retrieve all objects from your HDD. If the random access time of your HDD isn't that fast, or with other words if you don't use SSD even with threadripper and 2080 you will still lag after the teleport and when you move within the town since your hdd access time will delay the load of the new chars.

Tags
lag