Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[OPINIONS] Botting vs Stability

Discussion on [OPINIONS] Botting vs Stability within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 19
[OPINIONS] Botting vs Stability

Heya guys,

simple short question:

What is more important to you, botting or server stability. Stability means that a server doesn't get exploited and stays online lagless ofc.

Nezekan/Qyncho please don't start going offtopic here, I know you both love doing that, however it's not needed here.

Thanks
Old 10/12/2013, 00:12   #2

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Forqot me

well, stability + botting is any player's dream. but for me, I'd rather joining a stable server than crowded with useless senseless walking characters looping like ultra gay naked justin biber.
Old 10/12/2013, 00:15   #3

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblades View Post
Heya guys,

simple short question:

What is more important to you, botting or server stability. Stability means that a server doesn't get exploited and stays online lagless ofc.

Nezekan/Qyncho please don't start going offtopic here, I know you both love doing that, however it's not needed here.

Thanks
What has stability to do with botting?

The only server that has both is venture
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/12/2013, 03:02   #4

elite*gold: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
What has stability to do with botting?

The only server that has both is venture
Not really the only one.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/12/2013, 08:21   #5

elite*gold: 220
There's a difference between (Botting Allowed , Abusing Bot+Multi Client Allowed)

Also I would like you to clarify the relation between stability and botting since both are not related to each other.
Old 10/12/2013, 09:57   #6

Why not both?

You can compile your own bot using your own opcodes,there are several source code(s) for bots out there.But if you have enough money,you can hire a decent reverse engineer to fix these exploits without changing the abused opcode.
Old 10/12/2013, 10:13   #7

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
I'd rather play a stable server, with medium rates and hand-grind, than bot on an unstable server, return back after 30 minutes, and I've been disconnected. So yeah, I'd rather stability.
Old 10/12/2013, 11:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne3 View Post
Not really the only one.
Give me another example? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'd really like to know)

I don't really get the question, there is no real co-relation between stability and allowing bots, it just happens that the only bugless server doesn't allow botting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post
Why not both?

You can compile your own bot using your own opcodes,there are several source code(s) for bots out there.But if you have enough money,you can hire a decent reverse engineer to fix these exploits without changing the abused opcode.
Well, that wouldn't really work, if you're smart enough to fix these exploits you can find more efficient ways to block existing bots, and simply changing the opcodes in an open source bot won't really get you far
Old 10/12/2013, 11:14   #9

Botting+Stability with low exp and drop rates, this sh*t is krall
Old 10/12/2013, 11:16   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by martynas123boxter View Post
Botting+Stability with low exp and drop rates, this sh*t is krall
But if you could only choose one, which would you choose?
Old 10/12/2013, 11:19   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Logic would say: playing without bots > not playing at all

but apparently SRO players break logic
Old 10/12/2013, 12:20   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
what's the point of botting in server that has 1 hour of normal, lagless gameplay?
I'd choose playing in lagless, crashless, botless server rather then fyll bug,fyll crash...
but ofcourse, if your server has like 10x-20x it won't attract alot of players, 40x-50x would be just fine for 80-100 caps.
Old 10/12/2013, 12:28   #13

So, a stable server, with medium rates, at 80-100 cap would be a perfect server?

(Medium rates = easy enough to hand-grind, and not get bored shitless in the first half hour)
Old 10/12/2013, 12:53   #14

elite*gold: 460
botting
Old 10/12/2013, 13:24   #15

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 5,307
Botting dont expect people to hand grind tons of stones/elexiers
Closed Thread