Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is there any point in old servers returning?

Discussion on Is there any point in old servers returning? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 05/29/2013, 20:27   #91

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes007 View Post
Venture is a FAIL !!! Look at your retarded edits mate. Nothing more to say. Fail is fail.

Edit: Please, donīt answer this thread if you know nothing bout oldschool isro.
You have EU/CH!!!! 80 Cap HAD NO EURO ! Got it now? OLDSCHOOL MATE not EDITSCHOOL. -.-

Srsly Iīm ****** bout guys like you throwing **** in a post.
ECSRO had insane amounts of corruption/exploits going on and was infact pay2win.
Never said Venture was oldschool. Keep raging small son.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/30/2013, 16:47   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyLgD View Post
Polite acting , nice person prolly :c.
Wondering if you own any server by now , as seems you're still checking out this forum from time to time.
(Under another nickname ofcourse.)
No, I don't have another server right now, I would like to have one, but I don't have my team anymore. And as well, like everyone says here, it is impossible to have a server to compete with all the others.

I check here to watch the progress (or failure) of the future of PSRO's.
Old 05/30/2013, 17:25   #93

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
There would be no point, the amount of people who would try and ddos and exploit because of their jealousy is insane
Old 05/30/2013, 17:33   #94
Chat Killer In Duty

Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
No, I don't have another server right now, I would like to have one, but I don't have my team anymore. And as well, like everyone says here, it is impossible to have a server to compete with all the others.

I check here to watch the progress (or failure) of the future of PSRO's.
what happened to all of them btw?
Old 05/31/2013, 03:30   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
what happened to all of them btw?
I would assume some went to other servers or started their own, Two of them I have on facebook, My partner PGT went his own way and quit before ZSZC went down.
Old 05/31/2013, 03:37   #96

off topic what if you make the thread limit having to go through a couple of mods for example I pm portal with some details not about the server its self but how long you rented the machine minimum should be like 2 months and pass a quiz of some sort or a personal interview and have multiple mods review at the end. or maybe even send a 5 page essay on why i want to open a sro server
Old 05/31/2013, 04:17   #97
Chat Killer In Duty

Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfuria View Post
off topic what if you make the thread limit having to go through a couple of mods for example I pm portal with some details not about the server its self but how long you rented the machine minimum should be like 2 months and pass a quiz of some sort or a personal interview and have multiple mods review at the end. or maybe even send a 5 page essay on why i want to open a sro server
not really, the idea is to limit the thread creation, maybe via Double thread posting, spam posting, well structured threads and such
we planned to do it via Approval but there are several reasons why that would take a lot of time/efford

Also, the idea is to make a more refined section, like only allowing servers that are gonna last a long time(closing those that are 1 days off for example)
PMing a mod(aka me) to make an interview is really frustrating, since Im not always available both to my work and my timezone(GTM -6)
Old 05/31/2013, 06:59   #98

i know but maybe you can do it once or twice a week and have a quiz just to cut down on **** heads trying to make a quick buck before you get them :P
Old 05/31/2013, 09:50   #99

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
not really, the idea is to limit the thread creation, maybe via Double thread posting, spam posting, well structured threads and such
we planned to do it via Approval but there are several reasons why that would take a lot of time/efford

Also, the idea is to make a more refined section, like only allowing servers that are gonna last a long time(closing those that are 1 days off for example)
PMing a mod(aka me) to make an interview is really frustrating, since Im not always available both to my work and my timezone(GTM -6)
Even the best servers can be offline for more than a day, show me any server that has never been offline. Without the source to instantly patch exploits and a 24/7 team of network engineers you simply can not guarantee 100% uptime.

You could create two sections, one for decently managed servers (you could have a checklist: DDoS mitigation? English support? Options?) though it would be very hard to fairly seperate these.