Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion/Theory]About the recent DDOS attacks

Discussion on [Discussion/Theory]About the recent DDOS attacks within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 07/09/2012, 18:52   #121

elite*gold: 125
Received Thanks: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadyi View Post
Okay i will use the same example but since am a Muslim (so i believe in *** (duh))
There are signs that shows there is a ***. Same as there are some signs that shows that PlaySro are the ones ddosing like why aren't they affected by the ddosing as the other servers are ? I can ASSUME tha there is at least 1 server out there which receives ddos and uses the same protection as PlaySro but it still gets affected by em.
Not 100% sure that they are but uhmm thats what i think.
Well actually there is no proof about *** or w/e but that's not the point you think there is I think there isn't. ENd of that point.

(Bold) There is absolutely no sign of playsro DDoS'ing, the reason why they don't receive DDoS is because IF you attack them with your small server you can just expect being crushed it's a fact. Also there are WAAAAAAAAY more servers with 300-400 players that didn't receive any DDoS like perfect sro, they never received DDOS they had 350~ ppls online.
Old 07/09/2012, 18:56   #122

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNL View Post
Well actually there is no proof about *** or w/e but that's not the point you think there is I think there isn't. ENd of that point.

(Bold) There is absolutely no sign of playsro DDoS'ing, the reason why they don't receive DDoS is because IF you attack them with your small server you can just expect being crushed it's a fact. Also there are WAAAAAAAAY more servers with 300-400 players that didn't receive any DDoS like perfect sro, they never received DDOS they had 350~ ppls online.
opinions differ.
what about Esro ? thats a small server too ? also got ddosed and had to change host
Old 07/09/2012, 19:00   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadyi View Post
opinions differ.
what about Esro ? thats a small server too ? also got ddosed and had to change host
ESro died with other reasons, actually it didn't die because of the DDoS, that was obvious no gm's online no support and than suddenly vsro files came out, everyone started trying vsro filed servers since that was ''new''

later more players left esro for this, they forgot about esro... it died, now esro is like 24/7 off to 'migrate' their servers or w/e. But that's just a fact most vsro files would die if the ksro files will be released or w/e
Old 07/09/2012, 19:03   #124

Quote:
ESro died with other reasons, actually it didn't die because of the DDoS, that was obvious no gm's online no support and than suddenly vsro files came out, everyone started trying vsro filed servers since that was ''new''

later more players left esro for this, they forgot about esro... it died, now esro is like 24/7 off to 'migrate' their servers or w/e. But that's just a fact most vsro files would die if the ksro files will be released or w/e
i didn't say anything about dieing i said that it got ddosed as well though it is/was one of the biggest servers out there.
Old 07/09/2012, 19:03   #125

Received Thanks: 1,152
"ESro died with other reasons, actually it didn't die because of the DDoS, that was obvious no gm's online no support and than suddenly vsro files came out, everyone started trying vsro filed servers since that was ''new''

later more players left esro for this, they forgot about esro... it died, now esro is like 24/7 off to 'migrate' their servers or w/e. But that's just a fact most vsro files would die if the ksro files will be released or w/e"

eSRO is not dead. GM's are Active. Ingame and Forum.

Before the Host Change eSRO1 received every second Day a DDoS Attack.

Well seriously ... no Proofs , endless talking. Getting us nowhere.
Old 07/09/2012, 19:05   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolill0 View Post
"ESro died with other reasons, actually it didn't die because of the DDoS, that was obvious no gm's online no support and than suddenly vsro files came out, everyone started trying vsro filed servers since that was ''new''

later more players left esro for this, they forgot about esro... it died, now esro is like 24/7 off to 'migrate' their servers or w/e. But that's just a fact most vsro files would die if the ksro files will be released or w/e"

eSRO is not dead. GM's are Active. Ingame and Forum.

Before the Host Change eSRO1 received every second Day a DDoS Attack.

Well seriously ... no Proofs , endless talking. Getting us nowhere.
I meant the esro we knew 3k/3k on 4 servers or smth.

These days it's like 1k-1.5k MAX online, yeah they're active ( the GM's ) sallah is the new owner he was always active, but the dude that owned esro first was never active :P
Old 07/09/2012, 19:08   #127

You can blame the attackers all you want but at the end of they day it's still server owner who should do more to protect hes server.And am not saying it's right to attack like that i play on the server to and i will not give in to attackers and leave.And playsro might have a big community and all but they still failed really hard whit apollo and i left it due to really bad managment and it gets really booring really fast when server is a carbon copy of the joymax sro at 80 gap and never changes.And all the bugs ofc where a really big factor in my quitting outcome
Old 07/09/2012, 19:15   #128

Received Thanks: 1,320
Let's say we figured out who is ddosing. Now (I bet none thought about this), what the hell to do next?
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2012, 19:17   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty* View Post
Let's say we figured out who is ddosing. Now (I bet none thought about this), what the hell to do next?
Probably they'll be hypocrites and attack that server ^^
Old 07/09/2012, 19:31   #130

Quote:
Probably they'll be hypocrites and attack that server ^^
Well if playsro keeps attacking 24/7 not matter what than it's the only solution till they stop
Old 07/09/2012, 19:33   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by half113 View Post
Well if playsro keeps attacking 24/7 not matter what than it's the only solution till they stop
They won't stop before you stop then, then you'll get a kid-war. 'You let me go first' 'NO! You let me go first' 'NO you let me go first' etc. etc.
Old 07/09/2012, 19:41   #132

Quote:
They won't stop before you stop then, then you'll get a kid-war. 'You let me go first' 'NO! You let me go first' 'NO you let me go first' etc. etc.
So what would you do open up a chat and ask them to stop?.I think that option went out of the window like 2 days ago when they started and never stoped.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2012, 19:45   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by half113 View Post
So what would you do open up a chat and ask them to stop?.I think that option went out of the window like 2 days ago when they started and never stoped.
Nothing will happen that's the point, IF playsro is the DDoS'r what will you guys do... congrats you know who did it then, so everyone will DDoS them and that's okay ? No.
It'll just reflect eachother the ones uses DDoS to someone else playsro does it back... But it's not playsro so that's a good thing.

Btw why did nobody accuse goodtimes if I may ask ? They never get DDoS + they gain players day by day ^^
Old 07/09/2012, 20:13   #134

Quote:
Nothing will happen that's the point, IF playsro is the DDoS'r what will you guys do... congrats you know who did it then, so everyone will DDoS them and that's okay ? No.
It'll just reflect eachother the ones uses DDoS to someone else playsro does it back... But it's not playsro so that's a good thing.

Btw why did nobody accuse goodtimes if I may ask ? They never get DDoS + they gain players day by day ^^
This problem stretches to infinity and beyond and it will never be solved case closed
Old 07/09/2012, 20:13   #135

Goodtimesro is at ddos attacks too i've been playing there for 2 weeks
Closed Thread