Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 04:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE] Installing Silkroad on Linux

Discussion on [GUIDE] Installing Silkroad on Linux within the SRO Guides & Templates forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[GUIDE] Installing Silkroad on Linux

Over teh few months people been emailing and PMing me at asking if i ever post a guide on how to run Silkroad on linux

First of all u dont need any skills about coding and etc... just one skill u need
its called:
"Internet Savy"

System requirements:
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux (Hardy heron 8.04 LTS)
RAM: 512 mb

once u have ur Ubuntu linux operating system up and running u need to follow some simple steps

steps:

1. You need to install WINE (Windows Emulator) which u need to and run install silkroad
follow this links : and download and install the package called wine1.1.1 i386(depends if u got amd64 u need to pick the amd64 version)
2. Download the silkroad installer latest on and run it on wine(Right click on the installer and open with 'Wine windows program emulator')
-btw u need to have an agent switcher to view the silkroadonline.net site at mozilla
-in installing 'Agent switcher' u have to use ur Internet savy skills and seach taht one on google
3. Once installed you are ready to run and play it

do
Some users can't get silkroad to work unless they remove xdg-utils and msttcorefonts do (run this at terminal*:vsudo apt-get remove msttcorefonts xdg-utils).
terminal is located at Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal

FAQ:

1. Why Ubuntu linux
A: coz its free, it morely supports graphical programs that is easy to call help for google, easy to use and more importantly looks like it is BUILD for SILKROAD and WoW. hehe thats what i think :P

2. Why wine version 1.1.1?
A: lately there has been an update where WINE change like Restructurations of state handling in Direct3D, but 1.1.1 version is running it good.

for botting ill post it later coz im still testing it

Screenshots:

btw, my screen shots are all window mode... so if you want it in full screen u need to set the games resolution to ur screens resolution

if theres something i missed and questions u need to ask post it here

i wrote this originaly not copied but me. but if u dont trust me just GOOGLE it

have fun
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/06/2008, 13:22   #2

#Moved to Guides
Old 09/08/2008, 10:54   #3

How much ram does Silkroad use in Ubuntu?
Old 09/08/2008, 15:23   #4

same as in windows
Old 09/10/2008, 09:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpInKsTaR View Post
How much ram does Silkroad use in Ubuntu?
it only takes 350Mb+ ram but i got 512Mb...
Thanks
2 Users