Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 10:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Serious Problem with DEX on Server

Discussion on Serious Problem with DEX on Server within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 6
Lightbulb Serious Problem with DEX on Server

Good morning community!
I have a serious problem with my server. Some players complained about a so-called Dex bug. Is this bug real? And how can I fix it?

Example:

Player 1: 500 rec, 500 wis and 3000 dex

Player 2: 500 rec, 500 wis and 1000 dex

Player 2 can still hit Player 2. No matter how big the difference between the DEX is.

Ill hope you can help me.

sincerly

thetruestarr1337
Old 10/16/2012, 16:05   #2

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,627
mh i hear about a problem if a special amount of stats goes over like 2k. not sure either if that is a real bug or not but i can tell u that if it comes to a rly high difference u wont be able to hit anymore.
Old 10/16/2012, 17:06   #3

Thanks Teddy, for your answer.
Well, maybe ill try to decrease the stats e.g not so powerful lapis
Old 10/16/2012, 17:25   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruestarr1337 View Post
Thanks Teddy, for your answer.
Well, maybe ill try to decrease the stats e.g not so powerful lapis
yh i beleave that could be a possible way.. i beleave that the base of shaiya wasnt made for that high stats at all. if u think about that already with around 500 luc the 95% crit chance is reached. then u can figure that this high stats wasnt planned for shaiya. That may the reason why shaiya was kind of best balanced up to ep 4.5
Old 10/16/2012, 20:07   #5

Yeah, EP 4.5 was a great time
Old 10/29/2013, 21:05   #6

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear94 View Post
yh i beleave that could be a possible way.. i beleave that the base of shaiya wasnt made for that high stats at all. if u think about that already with around 500 luc the 95% crit chance is reached. then u can figure that this high stats wasnt planned for shaiya. That may the reason why shaiya was kind of best balanced up to ep 4.5
Sorry but I just found this thread and it's interesting o.o on OS you can easily reach 500 luc AND 2000 Dex. You won't get hit if you got more dex. These high stats are surely planned. Aswell as 65k HP and above
Don't know how to fix that bug... some servers could and some not... Pretty sure it has to do something with an Ep 6 ps_game.exe
Old 10/30/2013, 18:46   #7

I had this problem on Zero Shaiya, the thing was.. if a player had 3k dex and another one had 1.2.. it was the same.. but if a player had 800 dex and another one had 1.2.. then the game was really hard so i think the max dex to take effect is 1.2
Old 10/31/2013, 01:01   #8

This happens with episode 4.5 databases, it happen back on spectral shaiya ,divine as well, ep5 databases do not have this issue reason never had to deal with it.
Old 11/01/2013, 12:22   #9

See this is where you're wrong Twilight. While I know you're talking about databases, I'm going to be talking about something else.

Dex in ep4 and ep5 were layed out differently.

In ep4, dex was the hit/miss rate for auto attacks and skills, so you could miss on deadly strike if your opponent had a certain amount of more dex (I'm rusty on the figures so I'm not totally accurate).

In ep5, dex was the BENCHMARK to hit your auto attacks where as skills were generally 100% hit after that, you may miss but that's more to do with luck of the draw.

So in ep4 dex was actually required to be a skilled player. In ep5 you needed x amount of dex to do whatever you needed to.

In ep4, your highest dex bracket was commonly 600-800. So if you were 1-200 behind in dex (warr to sin most commonly) you were going to have a bad time actually hitting anything (but when you did the damage was more significant). So if you were running 700+, you were almost full dex but still enough attack to do some damage in pvp. Going above the dex bracket usually meant you "broke dex" because the highest amount of viable dex would be 800~ (remember I'm rusty on the numbers)

In ep5 (early), your highest dex bracket was commonly 900-1.3k? Bit of guessing here but basically due to it being ep5 so long as you had the benchmark dex (something like 600 or something quite low in general) you could hit 99% of your auto attacks unless some buff like UT/DF etc.. Then for skills it would take a huge amount of dex difference for it to be applied - why this is I don't know - so say a warr had 850-950 dex and a sin had 1.2-1.3k dex. They would hit each other 99% of their skills even though of the 350 dex difference (which would be catastrophic in ep4) because the dex in this episode only applied to auto attacks unless major difference in dex builds. SO of course if you had 5-600 dex vs 1.1-1.2k dex, you're going to have a bad time.

In ep5 (mid-late), your highest dex bracket was commonly 1.3-1.5k. The same is applied above, and I'm not sure at which stage the different brackets applied but I've noticed on different servers the 1.3k and 1.5k "cap" on dex.

Now this is where people need to learn dex. Saying dex is broken is more than likely because you're using a different dex bracket to what ep your server is. So if you think 1.8k dex is a great idea, be sure to be ready for the mass QQ that dex is broken because your 1.1k dex boy rapes because he managed to get a lot more damage out of a 700 dex gap.

That and we don't even have TRUE ep5 servers, so this might just be due to the fact we're using heavily modified ep4 files that the "bug" appears where it's auto attacks + major difference in dex applies only.

I haven't mentioned Ep6 due to me not knowing anything on the matter of end game (from OS) and we're probably never going to get true ep6 servers either due to whatever.

If my numbers are off, then my bad for the 10000th time I'm a little rusty, but the theory applies and you should know what server and episode you have and are using before saying dex is bugged, when it probably isn't you'tr just raising the numbers too high (really common these days).
Thanks
6 Users
Old 11/01/2013, 22:16   #10

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom. View Post
See this is where you're wrong Twilight. While I know you're talking about databases, I'm going to be talking about something else.

Dex in ep4 and ep5 were layed out differently.

In ep4, dex was the hit/miss rate for auto attacks and skills, so you could miss on deadly strike if your opponent had a certain amount of more dex (I'm rusty on the figures so I'm not totally accurate).

In ep5, dex was the BENCHMARK to hit your auto attacks where as skills were generally 100% hit after that, you may miss but that's more to do with luck of the draw.

So in ep4 dex was actually required to be a skilled player. In ep5 you needed x amount of dex to do whatever you needed to.

In ep4, your highest dex bracket was commonly 600-800. So if you were 1-200 behind in dex (warr to sin most commonly) you were going to have a bad time actually hitting anything (but when you did the damage was more significant). So if you were running 700+, you were almost full dex but still enough attack to do some damage in pvp. Going above the dex bracket usually meant you "broke dex" because the highest amount of viable dex would be 800~ (remember I'm rusty on the numbers)

In ep5 (early), your highest dex bracket was commonly 900-1.3k? Bit of guessing here but basically due to it being ep5 so long as you had the benchmark dex (something like 600 or something quite low in general) you could hit 99% of your auto attacks unless some buff like UT/DF etc.. Then for skills it would take a huge amount of dex difference for it to be applied - why this is I don't know - so say a warr had 850-950 dex and a sin had 1.2-1.3k dex. They would hit each other 99% of their skills even though of the 350 dex difference (which would be catastrophic in ep4) because the dex in this episode only applied to auto attacks unless major difference in dex builds. SO of course if you had 5-600 dex vs 1.1-1.2k dex, you're going to have a bad time.

In ep5 (mid-late), your highest dex bracket was commonly 1.3-1.5k. The same is applied above, and I'm not sure at which stage the different brackets applied but I've noticed on different servers the 1.3k and 1.5k "cap" on dex.

Now this is where people need to learn dex. Saying dex is broken is more than likely because you're using a different dex bracket to what ep your server is. So if you think 1.8k dex is a great idea, be sure to be ready for the mass QQ that dex is broken because your 1.1k dex boy rapes because he managed to get a lot more damage out of a 700 dex gap.

That and we don't even have TRUE ep5 servers, so this might just be due to the fact we're using heavily modified ep4 files that the "bug" appears where it's auto attacks + major difference in dex applies only.

I haven't mentioned Ep6 due to me not knowing anything on the matter of end game (from OS) and we're probably never going to get true ep6 servers either due to whatever.

If my numbers are off, then my bad for the 10000th time I'm a little rusty, but the theory applies and you should know what server and episode you have and are using before saying dex is bugged, when it probably isn't you'tr just raising the numbers too high (really common these days).
My whole point is i never had to deal with it in my entire life when i made servers, it's so funny what you understood out of my words, bring this whole massive speech about the differences lol, honestly i didn't care to read it, because i do not ever care for episode 4.5 servers so your telling someone who really doesn't care about the whole story on it.
Old 11/01/2013, 22:35   #11

Congratulations on being a complete ******. Sorry, I mean someone who is illiterate and can't understand basic mechanics of a game. You're oblivious to the fact you have no idea what you're doing and think you know it all. Hats off to you.

PS: Venom, admin of desolation shaiya? pffft, please.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/02/2013, 00:47   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight360 View Post
My whole point is i never had to deal with it in my entire life when i made servers, it's so funny what you understood out of my words, bring this whole massive speech about the differences lol, honestly i didn't care to read it, because i do not ever care for episode 4.5 servers so your telling someone who really doesn't care about the whole story on it.
if u would have destroyed already long ago the smallest hope i would say u just destroyed it. Thanks tyler for showing once more ur complete incompetence
Old 11/02/2013, 00:56   #13

thanks venom for your explanation and sorry someone so dumb has decided to use your name ....
and i know i know ima get another warning but i dont much care .... tyler man ....

I have no clue why you repeatedly open fail server after fail server seriously stop .. go and play hello kitty and leave this community to the grow ups
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/02/2013, 13:31   #14

Received Thanks: 5,451
First of all, Lexii, it's not "Congratulations, you went full ******", its' "*****, YOU JUST WENT FULL ******."

Second of all, am I the only one who remarks that all kids in here mention Hello Kitty every time they get a chance to ? Drop it, NONE, and I mean NONE of you has the programming skills to reproduce the Hello Kitty game.

Since I'm speaking my mind here, I'll just ask you guys, you leeches who consider yourself developers, to wake up from this nice dream, you're no more than copy-pasters, recolorers and admins. Don't get lost in understanding what's the difference between an admin and a developer. A developer of a private server is supposed to MASTER the programming languages he needs in order to professionally run a server. If you don't know SQL, then you're already not a developer. The rest may not be mandatory, but if you know HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP or ASP.NET, that's a good thing since you can make your own website without depending on whatever elitepvpers can offer. Knowing assembly would give your server much more flexibility, I am living proof of that. Knowing a programming language like C# or Java can give you the ability to create your own game guard maybe. Development is all about having a great imagination and applying it in your code.

For the leeches I was mentioning above : Before criticizing others, make sure you're better. If you're not, run Photoshop and continue recoloring.

#Request clean
Thanks
7 Users
Old 11/02/2013, 14:35   #15

But if some people don't understand basic mechanics how will they ever code