Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A New Server

Discussion on A New Server within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,262
A New Server

We're going to make a server probably it will be an ep4.5 farm server but we're open to any ideas ^^ so please feel free to write your ideas here even crazy ones! ^^ tell us what do you wanna see in a Server If you was going to create a server what would you add ?

Exp Rate : Wont be instant
Enchant rate : Armor [7] Weapons [10]
Thanks
9 Users
Old 02/01/2013, 02:44   #2

elite*gold: 0
I don't understand why? it should be the same draft your previous server was great, should be the same, not many ideas to add
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/01/2013, 06:25   #3

Bring OS EP4 back but with PID/CRR free
Old 02/01/2013, 09:53   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.jimmy998 View Post
I don't understand why? it should be the same draft your previous server was great, should be the same, not many ideas to add
Hehe, thanks but this time i want to ask people what do they want, if i get enough votes for my old server i will bring it back with some new features

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis2112 View Post
Bring OS EP4 back but with PID/CRR free
I'm not that sure many people want it <.<
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/01/2013, 13:01   #5

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
I would personally prefer to farm for my conti's and PID's and whatever else is necessary.
The only problem about farm servers is getting the players on them, because most people are lazy ***** nowadays and also because they are afraid a DDOS attack can screw all their progress on the server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/01/2013, 14:09   #6

It has my vote then!
Great if is EP4.5, and initiate things necessary
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/01/2013, 14:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
I would personally prefer to farm for my conti's and PID's and whatever else is necessary.
The only problem about farm servers is getting the players on them, because most people are lazy ***** nowadays and also because they are afraid a DDOS attack can screw all their progress on the server.
DDOS Attacks can only keep a server down, Not Mess Players Details up or progress in the game, That's why you buy cloud protection plus the only way a players stuff
can be messed up is if the the server is prone to SQL injection an that can only happen if the server does not change all its config files an login details an ports.

BTW 50/50 Farm an pvp server is good an scrap sonic's an make u icecream farmable
An change the server name as i came up with it an it was not your idea..
Old 02/01/2013, 17:01   #8

We're gonna have some nice security ^^ we will try our best agains ddos/hacking this time it will be better than the last time :P
Server will be a little harder than the last time o,o
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/02/2013, 00:45   #9

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuF View Post
I'm not that sure many people want it <.<

Many ppl quited shaiya after OS went into ep5.. if there will be a GOOD ep4 server like OS trust me many will come back.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/04/2013, 09:52   #10

Quote:
Many ppl quited shaiya after OS went into ep5.. if there will be a GOOD ep4 server like OS trust me many will come back.
I'm one of those But i dont think "many" will come since people are so lazy cuz of instant servers. Most of them dont even remember what farm means... Our server wont be as hard as OS but you will farm many items like last time ^^ This time exp rate/enchant rate and level 6 lapis drop rate will be less, so special quests will be more important (like lapis crafting, class craft quests ^^
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/04/2013, 11:51   #11

elite*gold: 43
tbh I don't think as well that sooo many ppl will come if there is a EP4 OS copy.
Why is OS so popular? Because there are so many ppl all the time.
You don't care about lvling because you met friend and lvl together with them. Spend time with your friend.
Farming is also ok because on OS that count something. Just the ones that farm or donate will be realy good.
As well: on OS count things like GRB ranking or GVG.
It's all about the number of players. At least in my opinion. OS wouldn't have so much ppl that stay on the server if there wouldn't be so much of them.
As well after so much ppl left when EP5 came out they thought about something new and gave that "Boxes" to every new character. Now you get mount's, gear, xp stones etc for free. As well UM runes -> that's already a touch of Pserver! So even OS wouldn't survive like they have been.

The point is. You have a complete new "OS" with rly less players for the start like nearly every pserver. For the beginning uhm ... i don't think there will be more than 50 ppl. (if they promote in a good way there will come more for sure but first of all you need them to promote you)
So you have around 50 Players & around 34 Maps? (EP4 maps only ofc)
means about 1,47 players per map.
With who will you lvl? Specialy char's that need a party to lvl up
With who will you farm? Same like above + alone sometimes rly rly boring. I remember on OS i never farmed alone.
Where is the competition? You will have around 3 guilds per faction? Who cares who will be the rank1 all will get a GH that's all that guilds on private servers want to reach with GRB
GVG? Never seen a pserver that rly do that weekly
Additional to that all count the time difference since ppl from every continent join a pserver

-> you are the most time nearly alone -> alone you will/can do nearly nothing -> boring -> bad feedback -> leave server

This is what will happen in my opinion if anybody try to make a second OS. Even if it would be the good old EP4

I think a bit farming is good for a pserver but not that intensive like on OS. Farming will keep them busy if there is currently no pvp because instant pvp server are hop on - hop off. You need to find the best balance. No instant lvling but don't make it to hard or ppl get bored since they actually come to pvp and not to grinde on a OS like server.
Give them some items they WANT to farm so they don't get bored if there are currently less players and no pvp. If the farmable items are just kinda erm .. firecraker nobody will farm them even if they are bored.

I can't say how your old server have been since i never joined it but i wish you the best for your new project. Hope you recive much good ideas from this post.

Good luck!
Thanks
5 Users
Old 02/04/2013, 20:18   #12

Quote:
OS Ep6 full farmable server with , customs gears , An new mounts an alot more
features , Stay tuned for -Reach- Ex Admin of sands of war , he plans to release an Epic server that will make all Ep4 lovers reunite , Stay Tuned...
Old 02/08/2013, 11:46   #13

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump ^^
Old 02/08/2013, 19:21   #14

LvL up from 30 by pvp? xD
Old 02/08/2013, 19:38   #15

Quote: