Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

GM Limited

Discussion on GM Limited within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
GM Limited

Hello everyone.

I tested all these types of GM and none met my needs.

- 32 - GM permissions 2 - GM permissions with less than 16
- 48 - GM permissions 3 - GM permissions with less than 32
- 64 - GM permissions 4 - GM with less than 48 permissions
- 80 - GM permissions 5 - Operator least with GM Powers

How can I create an GM account that only can it would do M&M? - GM acc for events.
Old 03/23/2011, 21:28   #2

elite*gold: 46
Received Thanks: 4,249
Quote:
How can I create an GM account that only can it would do M&M? - GM acc for events.
Gm acc for events? What reason? Only spawn mobs?
Why is a 16 gm account not good for that stuff, you should trust the person who host events..
Old 03/23/2011, 21:56   #3

At the moment I need even a limited account.
I need time to put persons of trust.
Old 03/24/2011, 01:43   #4

While I can see the use of having limited access admin accounts, for example a more authoritative GS, or a GMA that many servers now have --- I really do not see why it would be needed for anything else.

If you currently do not have a person in which you can place that amount of trust in during your absence, then the only choice open would be to deprive yourself of a bit more sleep in order to keep a hold of the reigns until that 'special someone' comes along and can fill the void while you are away.

Granted, I too, have tried numerous times to custom tailor GM rights for a multi-level administration tier; However, it has been for experimental reasons more than anything. I am lucky enough to have several people I know I can leave in care of my servers without worry, however, when I didn't --- well, I got a few hours less sleep those nights.