Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

how to change linking chance?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
how to change linking chance?

hello, i have nothing found that helps me in the search function... so im posting that.

i have made the video tutorial by shaiya omega and have my own shaiya server. but when i will link a max sonic lapis as gm it breaks because the linking chance is too low. how can i change that?

Thx for answers!

PS: sry for my bad english

Old 03/04/2011, 17:24   #2

Actually i would want to know how to do this also. Please do share developers.
Thank you servus007 for posting in the right section.

Old 03/04/2011, 22:15   #3

Received Thanks: 1,061
max sonic lapis o.0
you cant get the running speed past very fast o.o...

you change the ReqVg in the db to change the linking chance on hammers (:
for example an OP is 2000 i think..set it to 5000 and it will have a 50% chance of linking instead of 20%
Old 03/04/2011, 22:20   #4

i know, bu i dont know where ReqVg is...

Old 03/04/2011, 22:23   #5

its not that hard to find o.o
go to your db
find the hammer you want to edit in dbo.items(in PS_GameDefs)
scroll to the right..in the top there is tabs saying what row is what
its in between ReqLuc and ReqOg
Old 03/04/2011, 22:35   #6

edit with smse?
Old 03/04/2011, 23:48   #7

Received Thanks: 3,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by servus007 View Post
when i will link a max sonic lapis as gm it breaks because the linking chance is too low. how can i change that?
these is actually several questions and answers for that point.

- how to change the lapis link rate ?

that question has sense when one feeds up with the OS rate (lvl 3: 32%, lvl 4: 16%, lvl 5: 8%, lvl 6+: 1%) and want to offer higher rates to the players of his/her server.

so far I didn't find the answer, these rates are very likely hard coded in ps_game.exe but idk where.

- how to change the multiplicative factor of linking hammers ?

that question is relevant for the players that will drop such hammers from FB, or event or whatever.
linking hammers (as all items) are defined in items.sdata (and PS_GameDefs.dbo.items); they have a 'Special' field value of 36 and the ReqVg field defines the multiplicative factor as a percentage (eg if RagVg is set to 150, it will multiply by 150% - or 1,50 - the basic rate, so a lvl 3 now link at 32% x 1.5 = 48%.

for players these hammers are nice, for a GM with illimited OP hammers, they don't give the ultimate response since the link rate will still be limited to 20 or 50% - and when a GM has dozens or hundreds GM-links to do OP are still paintfull.

- so, last way to rephrase the question, how to perform immediate link ?

the sole option (i know) is to not perform link but to edit the items to be linked directly in the PS_GameData.dbo.CharItems table; in that table the lapis linked to an item are defined by columns Gem1 to Gem6; so to link, for instance, a lapis Craft 5 (type 30, typeId 5) on a clean (and at least noble) item, you will store 5 (the typeID only) in the Gem1 field.

the bad side of this method is that the server does not handle update on database done "on his back"; items shall so be in player's warehouse so that they are not modified when they log off the game. again for a GM point a view with several GM-links to do it's perfectly suitable.

one can easily manage a (not public) web page to do such in-database-links.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg linking.jpg (25.3 KB, 523 views)
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/05/2011, 00:05   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by servus007 View Post
edit with smse?
yes just edit with smse
if you want the changes to show up visually(like when it tells you the linking chance when linking or in the description) edit the item.sdata the same way with the ReqVG and edit the description if you wish
but thats not required stuff
Old 03/05/2011, 19:59   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by castor4878 View Post
these is actually several questions and answers for that point.

- how to change the lapis link rate ?

that question has sense when one feeds up with the OS rate (lvl 3: 32%, lvl 4: 16%, lvl 5: 8%, lvl 6+: 1%) and want to offer higher rates to the players of his/her server.

so far I didn't find the answer, these rates are very likely hard coded in ps_game.exe but idk where.

- how to change the multiplicative factor of linking hammers ?

that question is relevant for the players that will drop such hammers from FB, or event or whatever.
linking hammers (as all items) are defined in items.sdata (and PS_GameDefs.dbo.items); they have a 'Special' field value of 36 and the ReqVg field defines the multiplicative factor as a percentage (eg if RagVg is set to 150, it will multiply by 150% - or 1,50 - the basic rate, so a lvl 3 now link at 32% x 1.5 = 48%.

for players these hammers are nice, for a GM with illimited OP hammers, they don't give the ultimate response since the link rate will still be limited to 20 or 50% - and when a GM has dozens or hundreds GM-links to do OP are still paintfull.

- so, last way to rephrase the question, how to perform immediate link ?

the sole option (i know) is to not perform link but to edit the items to be linked directly in the PS_GameData.dbo.CharItems table; in that table the lapis linked to an item are defined by columns Gem1 to Gem6; so to link, for instance, a lapis Craft 5 (type 30, typeId 5) on a clean (and at least noble) item, you will store 5 (the typeID only) in the Gem1 field.

the bad side of this method is that the server does not handle update on database done "on his back"; items shall so be in player's warehouse so that they are not modified when they log off the game. again for a GM point a view with several GM-links to do it's perfectly suitable.

one can easily manage a (not public) web page to do such in-database-links.
while db imploments are the 100% way there is the option to take the socalled perfect linking hammer and mimic it to resemble the ops in all fields except the reqvg put 5000 there and any and all lapis linked with this hammer = 50% chance i have tryed and determend it is acuret at 50% chance. and the editing db you can edit it on the account even wehn the player is playing the game rather it is stored in there wh or on the toon inbag or even equiped.. edit gem 1-6 from psgamedata dbo charitems for items inbag/equiped and stored items for items in the wh.. altho edits will not show when they are useing the account as u edit them but as soon as that player relogs his account he will 100% have all edits to his gear. no server restarts just a simple account relog.
Old 03/06/2011, 04:13   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac1dtab View Post
[...] reqvg 5000 and all lapis linked with this hammer = 50% chance [...]
I'm agree ... but with the (so poor) random gen. and used method the actual rate may still be far from that theorical 50% - I still have the hope to change these rates - a "famous" server success (I guess involuntarily) to change the link rate of the stats lvl 7 to 80% (!) it's so possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac1dtab View Post
[...]but as soon as that player relogs his account he will 100% have all edits to his gear. no server restarts just a simple account relog.
sure he/she will see the changes only after relog but I thought that changes can be lost if the player also make some changes on the item, since it will be written back in DB when he/she log off.
Old 03/08/2011, 05:38   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by castor4878 View Post
sure he/she will see the changes only after relog but I thought that changes can be lost if the player also make some changes on the item, since it will be written back in DB when he/she log off.
i have done ALOT of db links with my server even DB swap of gear turning apples to weps or gear stuff like that and every relog = get the imploments to the account without reseting server and have yet to loos a single item or link so it is 100% there all the time as soon as that person relogs they can even rerole items with rec ruins or even extract lapis and add a difrent one ie extract a safe and put a dex lapis and affects of all others you have put in it thrue the db will stay there. as far as the 50% max link rate to my knowledge it is hardcoded in the psgame.exe or something witch is not in my separtment so i regreat ta say i cant help on that portion.
Old 03/09/2011, 17:21   #12

We weren't dealing the exact same thing apparently

Of course, any changes made on DB (let's say adding 3 lapis) persist if the owner change something (orange stat, or one lapis, or whatever). As soon as a toon load from DB the item with the modifications made on DB they are valid for him/her and will persist.

My point was related to concurrent changes; if you change in DB an item while the player is connected and if he also changes something on it after your modif., then all modifs made on DB for that item will be lost when the player log off [1].

[1] when he/she logs off or after a certain time, my server does not save items at regular time intervals - it's not an issue since it isn't public - but of course public servers shall have either time based saving or saving on each changes to avoid disastrous rollback.

« armor color and corresponding .dds file numbers | SufniShaiya is back! »