Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 18:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rohan skills by general

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Rohan skills by general

So i did edit all the bins required to swap 1skill with another and i kinda did, the problem is im obviously missing something, i have tried to swap Dragon wing with dragon mantle, few things/bugs occurred the skill which was supposed to be dragon wing kept giving mobility but with changed icon/description/sounds all it was left is the actual animation+ the skill origin, however its was trying to apply the dragon mantle effect since i could see it applied to the mobs however with no dmg whatsoerver, you would expect the skill which supposed to be dragon mantle to remain what is supposed to do however its literally doing nothing no effect whatsoever, no mobility and no aura, also dragon mantle aka dragon wing would not show its icon wiith buffs, so my question is what am i missing, or what im doing wrong or what im missing
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
And yes i did change the files server side and client side

Old   #2

Your skill icons is the missing one.
Check your bitmaps folder.

Old   #3

I found all gtx, however that didnt change anything whatsoever, the one skill semi works, the other one is just str8 not
Old   #4

Both skills do NOT work.

For me to give you an accurate explanation of what you did "wrong", Id need to know what you did in the first place.

From now on I assume you did edit skill.bin and skilllevel.bin by simply swapping the values such as icons and flags OR by simply swapping the IDs.
=> That wont work.

So why is Dragons Mantle applying some sort of effect to mobs around you? Well, in reality it isnt or better yet it is but not what youd expect. All it does is actually apply Dragons Wing to all the mobs around you. But that wont work either because mobility buffs are semi hardcoded so the mobs will actually not receive the buff. Secondly, im not even sure if its applied at all because of toggle and aura mechanics within the mapserver.

Another point is this, skills and their effects are bound by ID. Means the skill ID will fire the respective effect in the mapserver. If there is no handler for that ID, there is no effect. If the parameters dont match, there is no effect. Simply switching IDs will not move the skills but only change its visuals such as icons.

So, how do you "move" skills. Well, edit the UI. Youve gotta swap the WHOLE underlying frame of the skills in order to swap them with each other OR alternatively swap the frame IDs which is somewhat tricky aswell. UI files... Oh and mappings of UI frames to skill IDs is actually hardcoded.

So what did you do wrong? Well, everything because there is no "right" way in particular. Its not done by some lame bin edits, its still rohan where everything is semi hardcoded.
Long story short, it wont work.

Old   #5

Actually i did try all of it, except few minor changes overall like Range/unlocking a skill from a 3rd class(Same race) thats all ive achieved which is unfortunated, and some parts of the skills worked for example ive made a ranged health drain which is pretty minor but still something lul, also Dragon wing even after doing all these changes remained giving moblity to the owner/ so skills did kinda work even after the change(not like i wanted tho)
Old   #6

Yea ofc dragons wing was still giving mobility because of the above reasons Ive explained. You changed the visuals, not the effects.

Ranged health drain is pretty simple. You can basically change around all skill and skill target types and most effects will just work with it, however, some wont.