Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 20:33

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

NLGaming | 99 Modified Server | Working HK, 2008-2010 Resembalance

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Received Thanks: 9
NLGaming | 99 Modified Server | Working HK, 2008-2010 Resembalance

Welcome to NextLevel Gaming Rohan! Our goal is to bring back an oldschool Rohan server back in the, "2008-2010 time period but Modified".

- Open Beta is now "Online!"

[B]Full Client Mega:
Full Client Google Drive:
Register Page provided on the facebook page.

Join our Facebook group to stay updated:
Forums page (Does have a backlink to epvp at the bottom of the page):
Discord link:

Quick Important Features:
- No fused pets (Lions , Unicorns , Brave & Royal Dragons).
- Crone NPC "Crones useful again!"
- Pets sold in Pet Merchant (Bear , Soft Kahto , Molly , Monkey , Mock Duck).
- No Glacial or Onyx "Endgame Bedron & Weapons again".
- Elemental Dungeon useful again!
- Crafting: Disabled
- Oldschool UI Setup.
- Great Leveling
- Low scrolls percentages. 5-20% Enhancement scrolls will be used.
- Daily Events "New events not the same old boss & hide n seek events." All events have been modified and we've thought of new ideas for events to make them fun again.
- TSB Reworked "GS Reward & TSB Costume and other items. Making GS useful again. It'll still be capped at 18 members as a start but will be changed once the population increases. Basic tsb 3 towers."
- Guild Stones will be "HARD" to get like old days. Very hard to buff full guild buffs.

Donation Discussion:
- We dislike donations. We're trying to force a play 2 win server. We encourage you guys not to donate as much and just grind your stuff out. But donation will be there as an alternate. The donation list hasn't been created yet but when it is we will not have anything in donation that's not accessible in-game and we won't make anything OP in donations. No donated accs, weps or armor. If anything you'll be able to donate for guild stones, party scrolls, leveling packs , hunterkits , costumes "slightly better then IP shop. But you can recieved the donated costumes from events." & etc.

Whats Our Server Main Goal?:
- Our main goal as a staff & a server is to bring back a gameplay that resembles rohan days back in 2008-2010 but modified. That being said there will be low dmg, low hp and balanced PVP. All classes will be useful again. Endgame armor & weapons again. there will be No Glacial or Onyx etc. No Crafting. No Upper, & Lower or Theme Park or Mock Duck. could TP or MD be possibly added as an update later? Possibly but for now no. All farming types will be useful again, leveling will be useful again by leveling with parties, using 100-300% scrolls & seals. We'll provide leveling packs and we're making Party Matching and leveling in parties useful again. Elemental Dungeons main purposes will be useful again aswell. We've modified the mobs to the correct HP so not everything in 1-2 hits. We mainly are working on a balanced fun, server but, play 2 win for everyone to enjoy.


All the information below has been modified and based on the staff & players opinions and decisions. They can be changed anytime if the community wants to. We have spent time discussion thoroughly, testing every class and skill to make sure everything is enjoyable, balanced and fun. We want everyone to enjoy the server play without having to worry about any issues.

Server Features:

Drop Rate:

Forging Rates:

Status Refine & Delevel rates:

Enchancement & Tamir Rates:

Farming Spots:

Farming/Server Style:

~NLGaming



NLGaming is offline  
Thanks
9 Users
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 101
Received Thanks: 8
Hurrah!!


lrdtarrask is online now  
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 830
Received Thanks: 482
No R5 & R5 bosses?

Can you please provide TSB info?

I am not asking for myself but others that might want to get a better idea of the scope of your server.
Looks good for a 'modified 99' server (real 99 servers have way too many bugs).
I absolutely HATE hunter kits in pservers, but that is the only negative I can see.

Not for me, but others will love it over the shorter term. Later on they will start missing the content from higher capped servers.

Good luck.
im batman is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Received Thanks: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
No R5 & R5 bosses?

Can you please provide TSB info?

I am not asking for myself but others that might want to get a better idea of the scope of your server.
Looks good for a 'modified 99' server (real 99 servers have way too many bugs).
I absolutely HATE hunter kits in pservers, but that is the only negative I can see.

Not for me, but others will love it over the shorter term. Later on they will start missing the content from higher capped servers.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information. r4 & r5 are maps in-game & tsb info will be provided now. Just forgot to add them which i will do now. Hunterkits we're only added because most players complain about having there life to take care of so they can't be online all the time. It'll be difficult to get hunterkits though. We'll do updates periodically to keep the server fun but it'll remain "Low damage & oldschool in someway." That's our main goal. & Yeah that's the bad part about rohan now to what you said "they'll miss higher capped servers". Low cap brings balancitivity and fun. But I guess later on we might move to 110-115 and balance the server and classes again but as of now it'll remain a modified 99 cap rate server.


NLGaming is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 648
Received Thanks: 206
Good Luck!
oziel235 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 120
Received Thanks: 50
Hunter kits will ruin the server. People just bot all day and there's no real fighting over farming spots. It's boring. Also, it gives a HUGE advantage to multiclienters. My desktop can run 8-10 clients.. I could get 10 HKs and let all 8 of them farm for an hour or 2 everyday. This would give me a huge advantage over a person who can only afford an average laptop that might only be only to run 2-3 clients max. Hunter kits ruin the game.

The problem is that the main way of making money is to farm your brains out in the same spot for hours everyday, that is not fun. People go on private servers to get away from the monotony of official Rohan.

Why not raise the level of minibosses and put them in Shielynth, Shilayah, etc?

Ex. Raise Orc King's level to 90 and make it drop Pink Sapphires with a max or near-max stat ring 50% of the time, or something like that? Make fishing actually worth doing, take out the potions and forged items from the drop table of fish. Improve the items that you find in chests by making them give you more weapons, accs, and soulstones, with better stat rates that normal mobs so that chest-hunting is not a waste of time that almost always gives junk items.

This would be much more fun than sitting in the same spot for hours and hours doing the same thing.

Other ideas:

Make boss drops have variants. Ex. Wings of Solemn Death is 15 Str, 15 Dex, 15 Vit. (45 Stat points in all) Stats of variants can be up to 50% higher or lower in certain areas:

Variant 1: 22 Str, 7 Vit, 15 Dex. The Str is 50% higher, the Vit is 50% lower. The total amount of stat points is still 45.

Variant 2: 22 Str, 18 Vit, 5 Dex. The Str is 50% higher, the Vit is 20% higher, and the Dex is MUCH lower to balance the higher Vit and Str.

One way to do this is to make the server randomize the values of the stats of the boss drop, WHILE restricting the sum of those numbers to a certain value, which would be 45 for Wings of Solemn Death. I'm not a coder or developer, so I have no idea if this is possible. If it's not, then you could just add in set variants that you create yourself into the bosses drop table. You could add enough variants to make it be practically random which one you get.

Indonesian players like to play on servers where they hit hard AF, so they'd go for the boss drops that have high Str, Int, Dex, ETC. The difference between this and your average Indo PvP server is that you can actually be tanky. Indo servers put + 300 attack on everything and the result is that EVERYBODY hits hard and kills fast, while nobody can live long, not even full Vit builds. There won't be any pure attack on these accs, only higher stats, so the server won't be a 2-hit fest.


2. Can you boost the FPS cap from 20 to 40? 40 FPS looks much better than 20.
Glixxer is offline  
Old   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 830
Received Thanks: 482
I think farming is only a real viable option if the server has an Exchange Market where you can sell your better drops for something other than crones.

It is a royal pain to set up kiosks to sell stuff and most rohan pservers don't have working brokers.

Farming would really only be for yourself and converting to crones at an npc whenever you fill your bags with junk (boring).

Gotta be careful with the FPS lock boosting. It tends to totally fk up kiting (something I do a lot with mages, scouts & rangers)
im batman is offline  
Old   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Received Thanks: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glixxer View Post
Hunter kits will ruin the server. People just bot all day and there's no real fighting over farming spots. It's boring. Also, it gives a HUGE advantage to multiclienters. My desktop can run 8-10 clients.. I could get 10 HKs and let all 8 of them farm for an hour or 2 everyday. This would give me a huge advantage over a person who can only afford an average laptop that might only be only to run 2-3 clients max. Hunter kits ruin the game.

The problem is that the main way of making money is to farm your brains out in the same spot for hours everyday, that is not fun. People go on private servers to get away from the monotony of official Rohan.

Why not raise the level of minibosses and put them in Shielynth, Shilayah, etc?

Ex. Raise Orc King's level to 90 and make it drop Pink Sapphires with a max or near-max stat ring 50% of the time, or something like that? Make fishing actually worth doing, take out the potions and forged items from the drop table of fish. Improve the items that you find in chests by making them give you more weapons, accs, and soulstones, with better stat rates that normal mobs so that chest-hunting is not a waste of time that almost always gives junk items.

This would be much more fun than sitting in the same spot for hours and hours doing the same thing.

Other ideas:

Make boss drops have variants. Ex. Wings of Solemn Death is 15 Str, 15 Dex, 15 Vit. (45 Stat points in all) Stats of variants can be up to 50% higher or lower in certain areas:

Variant 1: 22 Str, 7 Vit, 15 Dex. The Str is 50% higher, the Vit is 50% lower. The total amount of stat points is still 45.

Variant 2: 22 Str, 18 Vit, 5 Dex. The Str is 50% higher, the Vit is 20% higher, and the Dex is MUCH lower to balance the higher Vit and Str.

One way to do this is to make the server randomize the values of the stats of the boss drop, WHILE restricting the sum of those numbers to a certain value, which would be 45 for Wings of Solemn Death. I'm not a coder or developer, so I have no idea if this is possible. If it's not, then you could just add in set variants that you create yourself into the bosses drop table. You could add enough variants to make it be practically random which one you get.

Indonesian players like to play on servers where they hit hard AF, so they'd go for the boss drops that have high Str, Int, Dex, ETC. The difference between this and your average Indo PvP server is that you can actually be tanky. Indo servers put + 300 attack on everything and the result is that EVERYBODY hits hard and kills fast, while nobody can live long, not even full Vit builds. There won't be any pure attack on these accs, only higher stats, so the server won't be a 2-hit fest.


2. Can you boost the FPS cap from 20 to 40? 40 FPS looks much better than 20.
I'll try to answer most of your questions and what you said..

#1 Question:"Can you boost the FPS cap from 20 to 40? 40 FPS looks much better than 20."
Answer: Yes, our server rohanclient is ran in 40-60 fps.

#2 Question:Our server difference between an indo server?:
Answer: Difference between our server and an indo server is plenty of differences and reasons. Number one, no indo servers run 99 servers. Number 2, We're making the first a medium / hard 2-5 Weeks max leveling server which indo servers have max 110 cap rates etc BS. Number 3 our server will have no "OP Items" which you are referring or accustomed to. No accs will have attack on it because it ruins the game. All accs will be low stats for ex: 21s ipv or 41s sdv, And so on which will result in a more balanced gameplay as i said above. Number 3, We're using more features than so called "Indo servers" use. We're using maps for farming, we're using elemental dungeon, NPC's, IP Shop, Crone Shop, All modified pets etc. The server is a PVE to PVP server so i don't understand how that's a Indo PVP server. So your response to that i'm not clear on that and i'm not taking it as offensive i'm glad your expressing your opinions.

#3 Question:"Why not raise the level of minibosses & put them in a different location"
Answer: Mini-bosses levels have been raised. They just haven't been posted. The bosses we're using, Mini-bosses are included. We're using Berg, Enchanted Token, Black Turpin, Vairokan , Varg Patriarch, Guardian Lasa "whatever the name is, located outside water temple" & More mini-bosses.

#4 Question: "Why not make fishing actually worth doing"
Answer: That's difficult to do. Not saying it can't be done but i know as of for my knowledge and for me it'll take a lot of work to do or simply i just can't do it. I never tried same with the other developers i'm working with but if the players / community really wants fishing to be useful again i'm whiling to pm some developers and help fix and rework the fishing concept and make it useful again.

#5 Question: "The problem is that the main way of making money is to farm your brains out in the same spot for hours everyday, that is not fun."
Answer: Our server is designed to do more then just "farm your brains out" in the same spot for several hours. I totally understand and agree to what your said but the information provided above hasn't been updated to inform you and other players viewing this thread of what there is to do in-game which will be updated periodically as we discuss more things. You can simply do the basics which are grinding for levels, Farm for armor , weapon parts, farm crone or IP. or Enter elemental dungeon and farm for potions , ses from 3 rolls on the boxes. or grind for the quests in elemental dungeon. We'll work on reworking some quests for people to use in-game so there isn't just one thing to do. You can grind for crystals , pres stones etc. We don't want people to get bored and just log off when instead they can find and alternative they need to do if they're bored of farming whatever it is. But i understand your concern on that.

#6 Question:"Hunter kits will ruin the server."
Answer: Totally agree with you and batmans saying on this aswell. But we've added Hunterkits for various reasons and you should know why, simply some people just don't have enough time to be online all the time or have time at all to farm and you know there are tons of players now-a-days that hate farming. Well not giving them a hunter-kit will not even make them play at all. But yes, rohan players are 100% lazy. But if there are hunterkits atleast they'll play. With that being said, as stated above, hunterkits will be very difficult to get in-game. Meaning you can't get it in simply in a few days or weeks or they won't just simply log on and have one or have it in there starter items. for 15 Days or however long. No they will have to work to get them or just don't use them at all. Regardless of the situation. We'll create a poll before we release OBT 100% And see if people rule hunterkits in the server or out then we will continue from there.

~Thanks for the comments and support.
NLGaming is offline  
Old   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Other than servers with "new" developments like 2.0 Union, this is the only genuinely interesting server to come through in the last couple of years.

Good luck and hope it goes well.

p.s. Server devs take note, you either go this "retro" route or create something brand new. Everything else is a waste of time and the reason why there are next to no players left in the scene.
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Received Thanks: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Other than servers with "new" developments like 2.0 Union, this is the only genuinely interesting server to come through in the last couple of years.

Good luck and hope it goes well.

p.s. Server devs take note, you either go this "retro" route or create something brand new. Everything else is a waste of time and the reason why there are next to no players left in the scene.
Totally agree with what Ishataria said below with "p.s. Server devs take note, you either go this "retro" route or create something brand new. Everything else is a waste of time and the reason why there are next to no players left in the scene." As you can see every other server is trash because everyone wants to setup a PVP indo donation server which is boring or gets boring after awhile. Which is making everyone quit rohan and ruin the game. Either create a great balanced retro server or be unique and create something new like Union. Kudos to Union rohan 2.0!!!
NLGaming is offline  
Old   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 648
Received Thanks: 206
Cool your server...
it's a pity that it's just a mod of the Rohan Server 110/115.
And as you said you are with HunterKit active, I believe you are using RH_9.9.9.9 or MapServer H3.
Another detail, all the devs know that it is not a good idea to change the FPS to 40 ~ 60. It gets better, it looks great, but every action has a reaction. "You'll see soon."
With the information I collected, your server's life expectancy is low.
To succeed on a 99 server has to recall old concepts such as TSB complete with 9 towers, old hitlist and other options.
Server of this genre with a simple mod is what else has, and all are copies of each other.
You have a lot to learn my dear. I expected more....
oziel235 is offline  
Old   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by oziel235 View Post
Cool your server...
it's a pity that it's just a mod of the Rohan Server 110.
And as you said you are with HunterKit active, I believe you are using RH_9.9.9.9
Another detail, all the devs know that it is not a good idea to change the FPS to 40 ~ 60. It gets better, it looks great, but every action has a reaction. "You'll see soon."
With the information I collected, your server's life expectancy is low.
To succeed on a 99 server has to recall old concepts such as TSB complete with 9 towers, old hitlist and other options.
Server of this genre with a simple mod is what else has, and all are copies of each other.
You have a lot to learn my dear. I expected more....
Unless you have extensive knowledge of rewriting the mapserver, I would say using the s2 package and creating a 99 server from that is a lot better than using the older 99 files.

With the information I collected, his server's life expectancy is higher than a regular 110 cookie cutter indof**k server.

I expected more... from you.
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Received Thanks: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by oziel235 View Post
Cool your server...
it's a pity that it's just a mod of the Rohan Server 110.
And as you said you are with HunterKit active, I believe you are using RH_9.9.9.9
Another detail, all the devs know that it is not a good idea to change the FPS to 40 ~ 60. It gets better, it looks great, but every action has a reaction. "You'll see soon."
With the information I collected, your server's life expectancy is low.
To succeed on a 99 server has to recall old concepts such as TSB complete with 9 towers, old hitlist and other options.
Server of this genre with a simple mod is what else has, and all are copies of each other.
You have a lot to learn my dear. I expected more....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Unless you have extensive knowledge of rewriting the mapserver, I would say using the s2 package and creating a 99 server from that is a lot better than using the older 99 files.

With the information I collected, his server's life expectancy is higher than a regular 110 cookie cutter indof**k server.

I expected more... from you.
To answer you oziel, we're not using RH_9.9.9.9. We've also changed the rohan fps from 20 to 30. We've decided not to go to high for certain reasons. We're just trying to bring a server to players so they can enjoy the old retro server gameplay content which most old rohanians miss and bring it back. Servers "play 2 win" which you don't see much anymore either. We're just some developers trying to help the community. We're not taking anything extremely serious. Yes the servers modified but it's capped at 99 and resembles oldschool features, therefore thats why we're calling it a 99 but "modified" server. We'll do updates periodically as stated above aswell so we'll try not to keep the life expectancy of the server short and make it long-term and gradually increase into a 110-115 if needed or wanted. We'll see how far the server goes but for now we're just trying to help the community and have another great server followed by few others out there as a option to play. what you said , "To succeed on a 99 server has to recall old concepts such as TSB complete with 9 towers, old hitlist and other options." Just because we don't have 9 towers or the old hitlist and other options doesn't mean a server will succeed yes a 99 modified server meaning all features won't be there we might add 9 towers we might not. It all depends on the community not me or my teams decisions. But thanks for the feed back i appreciate it from you & Ishataria. Thanks

~NLGaming
NLGaming is offline  
Old   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 648
Received Thanks: 206
@ few people who know how to rewrite the MapServer. Although lately, it is not difficult to change packets thanks to leaking some information

@ Be different! _ Not just change the drop and change the monsters.

- That's why I look forward to the Rohan 2.0 they speak so much.


No more words, I said everything I thought!
oziel235 is offline  
Old   #15
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
Seems interesting


rbnwarior is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
Metin2 Nostalgia2 server na bazie Metina2 z 2008-2010 roku
youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UteAuM27Kgc threads:...
4 Replies - Metin2 PServer News
Mssql 2008 Working>ms sql not server<
Hi everyone download lastest nice MSSQL 2008 --- 32 bit https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/SQLEXPDBMT32/enus/ 64 bit...
1 Replies - SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions
Modified-2010-Client
abend/nacht suche den dl.link für den clienten von xIvan4ikx...
4 Replies - Metin2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
03/23/2010 MODIFIED MAIN.EXE NOT WORKING
Pls update the modified main.exe if you can update it today im waiting for it tnx! to moderators: Close this thread if not useful tnx...
6 Replies - Grand Chase Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:33.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.