Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 20:59

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

OldRohan Event Server Open Beta Testing

Reply
 
Old   #31
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 333
Received Thanks: 109
We have no plan to take it down.



zzerachiel is offline  
Old   #32
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 830
Received Thanks: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzerachiel View Post
The experience rate is fine as it is, i reached level 68 in just a few hours of playtime.
We actually have hunter kits, so there's no point in having every right too high.

Same goes for crone rates.

Old man, show us some love.

I'm not PJ but I'll put in my 2 cents about that. Don't take my comments as negative. They aren't.

In yolo I hit lvl 70 in 30 minutes flat with simple 50% scrolls and a 100% seal and no donating for IM stuff. That is too fakin fast.

After an hour on your server PJ said he hit lvl 32 with his mage with the scrolls you provide and what he got off the congratulatory gifts in the race town & the GH noob helper. He said he killed a few monkeys building enough crones in his bank to buy pet food and starting over with new toons. Each time he got as far as lvl 30-32 before the monkey staved to death and banked his collections & started a new toon with a fresh monkey. Yes, he did say you finally put some pet food in the starter items after he griped about it.

In irohan you need at least 2 to 2-1/2 hrs of playing to get to pvp level without buying a lot of shop items like 300x exp scrolls. Not too fun. experience levels that low are boring as hell. Your server is better but not by an awful lot. Not saying that is a bad thing.

I personally have no issue with your rate. I prefer it over yolo's at the fast side and over irohan's snooze rate. PJ didn't sound like he had an issue with it either. But that's us. Others who will come here thinking they are gonna rocket up to lvl 115 like at yolo will be disappointed.

My own feeling is that there is a lot more to rohan than pvp. servers like yolo don't get that and look more in it for the quick buck.


im batman is offline  
Old   #33
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
Received Thanks: 2
Ok, let's me ask. This server have only this features (and nothing more from original OldRohan server?), right?
Quote:
Features
- Hero 3 Skills
- Hunter Kits
- Firefox pet
- Killing normal monsters has a low change to spawn a level appropriate corrupted boss. These bosses drop randomly rolled rings.

Rates
Forging - 100%
Refine - 100%
If yes then it's kinda boring. Almost nothing changed. I wanted to check this server after what I saw on your forum in "features/patches" segment. I was curious about that changed skills but when i log in on my character and lvl up a bit I saw nothing changed.
So right now I don't see anything what could hold me there (maybe only rates but somehow I'll survive without that).
Kuroambry is offline  
Old   #34
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 830
Received Thanks: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroambry View Post
Ok, let's me ask. This server have only this features (and nothing more from original OldRohan server?), right?

If yes then it's kinda boring. Almost nothing changed. I wanted to check this server after what I saw on your forum in "features/patches" segment. I was curious about that changed skills but when i log in on my character and lvl up a bit I saw nothing changed.
So right now I don't see anything what could hold me there (maybe only rates but somehow I'll survive without that).
You know that this is a test server and it is nowhere near being done, right?

If you were expecting a finished server with everything all in place then you definitely came to the wrong place. At this point everything you see in that server is subject to change. They are just being nice and letting you log in to be a part of it all. If you don't want that, then I am sure there are more "finished" (and I use that term loosely) servers out there. Have fun!


im batman is offline  
Old   #35
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 333
Received Thanks: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
I'm not PJ but I'll put in my 2 cents about that. Don't take my comments as negative. They aren't.

In yolo I hit lvl 70 in 30 minutes flat with simple 50% scrolls and a 100% seal and no donating for IM stuff. That is too fakin fast.

After an hour on your server PJ said he hit lvl 32 with his mage with the scrolls you provide and what he got off the congratulatory gifts in the race town & the GH noob helper. He said he killed a few monkeys building enough crones in his bank to buy pet food and starting over with new toons. Each time he got as far as lvl 30-32 before the monkey staved to death and banked his collections & started a new toon with a fresh monkey. Yes, he did say you finally put some pet food in the starter items after he griped about it.

In irohan you need at least 2 to 2-1/2 hrs of playing to get to pvp level without buying a lot of shop items like 300x exp scrolls. Not too fun. experience levels that low are boring as hell. Your server is better but not by an awful lot. Not saying that is a bad thing.

I personally have no issue with your rate. I prefer it over yolo's at the fast side and over irohan's snooze rate. PJ didn't sound like he had an issue with it either. But that's us. Others who will come here thinking they are gonna rocket up to lvl 115 like at yolo will be disappointed.

My own feeling is that there is a lot more to rohan than pvp. servers like yolo don't get that and look more in it for the quick buck.
My guess is that nowdays, after all the cookie cutter pservers, people tend to play Rohan just because they're bored. They don't invest themselves into the character they're creating.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroambry View Post
Ok, let's me ask. This server have only this features (and nothing more from original OldRohan server?), right?

If yes then it's kinda boring. Almost nothing changed. I wanted to check this server after what I saw on your forum in "features/patches" segment. I was curious about that changed skills but when i log in on my character and lvl up a bit I saw nothing changed.
So right now I don't see anything what could hold me there (maybe only rates but somehow I'll survive without that).
Kuroambry, are you this thick in real life too?
I did explain that the server has Hero III content, and i did provide a way for all players to farm their way to the top without joining a powefull guild or even being online 24/7.
zzerachiel is offline  
Old   #36
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 830
Received Thanks: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzerachiel View Post
My guess is that nowadays, after all the cookie cutter pservers, people tend to play Rohan just because they're bored. They don't invest themselves into the character they're creating.
It's not just boredom that drive players to fast leveling servers. Players these days do not feel secure that the server they play on will be around long enough to make developing a character worthwhile task. Many are unwilling to invest a lot of time, effort and money into developing a character on a pserver that they expect to go away in a year or less. They are gun-shy because they have been burned over and over by really good pservers that they invested so much time, money and effort into only hung around a year or less before closing their doors on them. I've been there a few times myself. It is a really rotten feeling when that happens.

All pservers open with the assurance that they will be around forever. Most of the time the guys putting that server out there believe that themselves. The vast majority of the time **** happens and very, very few of them actually deliver on that assurance.
im batman is offline  
Old   #37
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
Received Thanks: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
You know that this is a test server and it is nowhere near being done, right?

If you were expecting a finished server with everything all in place then you definitely came to the wrong place. At this point everything you see in that server is subject to change. They are just being nice and letting you log in to be a part of it all. If you don't want that, then I am sure there are more "finished" (and I use that term loosely) servers out there. Have fun!
I know this is not a finished server but... Before this test server they had normal server and when you read a forum then you can find that they just stoped normal server and started this "beta". I thought this thinks what they added in normal server it will be also in this challenge/beta server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzerachiel View Post
Kuroambry, are you this thick in real life too?
I did explain that the server has Hero III content, and i did provide a way for all players to farm their way to the top without joining a powefull guild or even being online 24/7.
What are you talking about? I asked if you have implemented also stuff from your original one server (OldRohan) into this challenge server. I don't talk about skill from hero 3 but this skills what you had on OldRohan. I thought it'll be fun to play little bit different than on other servers. I don't count adding 1 skill per class because anyway it's the same gameplay till this last spell.
Kuroambry is offline  
Old   #38
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 830
Received Thanks: 480
I think the guys have said not only here but in their own forums, more than once, that this event server is NOT Old Rohan.

I suspect that over time they will migrate some of the things they learned in Old Rohan (such as stuff that worked and stuff that didn't) here, but don't expect to see Old Rohan on this server with Hero III and 115 level cap tacked on with chewing gum. Like I said at this point it is an ongoing build and they are letting you be part of it. If you want to be a part of that, great. If not, I suppose they won't cry over it and press onward.
im batman is offline  
Old   #39
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Its soo pretty ;-;
rbnwarior is offline  
Old   #40
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 782
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
It's not just boredom that drive players to fast leveling servers. Players these days do not feel secure that the server they play on will be around long enough to make developing a character worthwhile task. Many are unwilling to invest a lot of time, effort and money into developing a character on a pserver that they expect to go away in a year or less. They are gun-shy because they have been burned over and over by really good pservers that they invested so much time, money and effort into only hung around a year or less before closing their doors on them. I've been there a few times myself. It is a really rotten feeling when that happens.

All pservers open with the assurance that they will be around forever. Most of the time the guys putting that server out there believe that themselves. The vast majority of the time **** happens and very, very few of them actually deliver on that assurance.
Tho, a year is already a long time for a pserver. If you think back, most servers closed within a matter of 2-3 months. Thats the reason why players are so afraid of playing on pservers in the first place. Servers lasting for over a year are sparse. And servers which dont run away with your donations are even more sparse. Last but not least, most servers, aside from the "run away with my money indo servers", close because of the players. A low playercount and the lack of donations for upkeep costs simply forces a server to eventually close. Best example is oldrohan. Players liked it alot, yet playerbase went down after the first few months from 300 to like 50, donations were sparse and we had to shut it at some point in favour for something new. The only difference is probably that we dont run away with the donations but give the opportunity to play another server while oldrohan is under reconstruction.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #41
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
Uhhhm not to add any spoiler to this thread but i think the new OR will have this new client and a better/fixed addition of the things they used on their main/official server. This is just a test so we have something to do while they fix the main server so we can go back in action
rbnwarior is offline  
Old   #42
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 782
Received Thanks: 292
Haha well ive been thinking about alot of stuff and got a shitton of new **** already in. The event server is req's playground but I like some of the stuff he did. Probably gonna include it in the new oldrohan
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #43
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Haha well ive been thinking about alot of stuff and got a shitton of new **** already in. The event server is req's playground but I like some of the stuff he did. Probably gonna include it in the new oldrohan
You must add them sempai ><
Btw I hope you found a way to fix the Giants requirement for an exclusive weapon in their 1st tree. that was really annoying plus too much buffs for a glass dps class.
rbnwarior is offline  
Old   #44
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 782
Received Thanks: 292
Yea more or less. However, there has been quiet some changes to everything regarding the stat/skill systems. I gotta finish my writeups asap i guess and start posting changes D_D
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #45
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
My body is ready xD


rbnwarior is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
OldRohan Event Server looking for closed beta testers
So, we're finnaly going to launch the event server for oldrohan, so we're looking for closed beta testers. The server will be "vanilla" Hero III...
4 Replies - Rohan
[SilversRoaD] 120cap Server 24/7 Nice GM“s + much event“s Open Beta
---removed---
5 Replies - SRO PServer Advertising
[Release]UltimateRoEO Will bee Open Today (Beta-Testing)
Hello Comminty , Today we have an NEW and FRESH private server with very very HighRate .. Futures: -->Using CandyDB -->4&5 Summon Stone in...
14 Replies - EO PServer Hosting
Capter 3 - Nightfall - Beta Testing Event
July 18, 2006 (BELLEVUE, WA) ? ArenaNet®, developer of the world&#39;s leading subscription-free online roleplaying games Guild Wars® and Guild Wars...
26 Replies - Guild Wars



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:59.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.