Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 06:06

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

About rohan 2.0 or w/e

Reply
 
Old   #31
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
Rohan II is not dead.

It just smells like it
lol.... This is prolly the biggest troll I've seen so far on this forum..

If it looks dead and smells dead... It's prolly dead

But like ish said... When you try to change every single aspect, down to the core of rohan itself.. Who would want to play it ?

People like the classic.



peinful is offline  
Old   #32
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 799
Received Thanks: 462
you are assuming they went away because people did not want to play it. thats not the case. they had hundreds of people waiting for them to open when my friend shut down their website & walked away.

i have less reason to defend these guys than most people but frankly i think they bit off way too much to chew and got mired in trying to put it all together without limiting the scope of their work.


im batman is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #33
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 120
Received Thanks: 15
We have everything ready, but Yurneroo fails to put pieces together because he claims he's ill ( that lazy *** ). I would put them together but he was responsable for the content changes and i don't really know what to do.

The website is down because our test server expired and there's no reason to pay for it while we don't have a server.

Regarding the actual edits, yeah, we now have complete control over the mapserver with tons of ideas to implement. We can take Rohan to the next level and do what YNK never did : actually make Rohan a fun game.
Danger Mouse is offline  
Old   #34
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 762
Received Thanks: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
We have everything ready, but Yurneroo fails to put pieces together because he claims he's ill ( that lazy *** ). I would put them together but he was responsable for the content changes and i don't really know what to do.

The website is down because our test server expired and there's no reason to pay for it while we don't have a server.

Regarding the actual edits, yeah, we now have complete control over the mapserver with tons of ideas to implement. We can take Rohan to the next level and do what YNK never did : actually make Rohan a fun game.
What yurneroo wants to do aint rohan anymore so nope its not Rohan for fun.


DretoNEX is offline  
Old   #35
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 269
Received Thanks: 66
It should be named Yurnerohan 2.0
xHaiBai is offline  
Old   #36
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 314
Received Thanks: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
What yurneroo wants to do aint rohan anymore so nope its not Rohan for fun.
How about playing "their new game" first?
kthxbai2 is offline  
Old   #37
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
How about playing "their new game" first?
I'd rather not run around the map collecting 724 crafting materials and killing 912 mobs to make 1 piece of armour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
We have everything ready, but Yurneroo fails to put pieces together because he claims he's ill ( that lazy ass ). I would put them together but he was responsable for the content changes and i don't really know what to do.
That's part 2 of the overly arrogant dev syndrome. After the overwhelming sense of superiority comes the laziness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
The website is down because our test server expired and there's no reason to pay for it while we don't have a server.
That's not what I was told. Mark pulled the plug because of Yurn. Now I understand there's no point in paying for web services that you don't need but I'm sure you have the funds to start it back up when you're ready... do you? Or perhaps Yurn can't be bothered after Mark pulled out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
Regarding the actual edits, yeah, we now have complete control over the mapserver with tons of ideas to implement. We can take Rohan to the next level and do what YNK never did : actually make Rohan a fun game.
Rohan has always been fun. The problem is mostly with YNK not the game. It doesn't need huge rewrites to the mapserver, just some balancing changes, a few changes to the current content and a move away from pay to win. People come to play pservers to play a Rohan without YNK, not to be overwhelmed by so many changes that the game is almost unrecognisable.

More than anyone I have nothing against you DM. The issue is that R2 was designed from the ground up as an e-peen exercise by Yurn, for Yurn. He just wanted to prove that he could do "this and that", regardless of if "this and that" actually needed to be done to the game.
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #38
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 120
Received Thanks: 15
Unfortunately you don't know the actual edits that we made so i would just assume that you say that as a purist who wants to play the game as it was in his golden days.

The thing is that we only took obsolete skills and content and we revamped it.
That's not something that would make the game unrecognizable. After all even you did some changes to some core items/skills and nobody said : That's not Rohan.

The only difference is that we want to provide content to our players because we don't want them to get bored in a few weeks. The only difference between us and the rest is that we have the skills and tools to go further than anyone could.
Danger Mouse is offline  
Old   #39
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 111
Received Thanks: 10
The only difference between us and the rest is that we have the skills and tools to go further than anyone could.

2 Years and u went so far I am proud of you guys keep up the good work.
As I already said people manage to bring completely new games for the time it takes u to edit already existing one call it lazyness or w/e u want but its more likely you are uncapable of doing changes to the game.
People patience has limits and you guys went beyond them so good luck with your "server" and dont come up with posts like this one above mine because its ridiculuos.You have been talking about your server for TWO years and we have nothing, no screenshots, no videos of what is changed completely nothing just a video posted by Ish which showed the changes in crafting system and thats all. Excuse me but your server is like aliens everybody is talking about them but noone actually saw one.
Ahorio is offline  
Old   #40
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 799
Received Thanks: 462
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
We have everything ready, but Yurneroo fails to put pieces together because he claims he's ill ( that lazy ass ). I would put them together but he was responsable for the content changes and i don't really know what to do.
This is what happens when yurneroo insists on running his project as a 1-man show. when life happens, life wins and the server loses. R2 has stopped being any kind of priority for that man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
That's not what I was told. Mark pulled the plug because of Yurn. Now I understand there's no point in paying for web services that you don't need but I'm sure you have the funds to start it back up when you're ready... do you? Or perhaps Yurn can't be bothered after Mark pulled out?
To be fair here Mark shut down the site because a lot more than Yurn. Mark shut down the site for several reasons that only started with my treatment on his site. The behavior after that of every member of the team except Reqveim was like a damn troll fest not only to me, but to Mark as well. It was unacceptable and Mark said fk it.

To be fair to Reqveim, he was working his own website for things like the game shops and services. He could very easily have set up forums there to communicate with his members. That appears gone.

I have only one question though - if you are intending to put a game server up, why let the host lapse? You can't build a server unless you are actually hosting it on something. After all having the host there sucking money out of your bank accounts you have very good motivation to get it built and open to start paying for itself. When there is no host to build on, there is 0 motivation to get the job done. Yurneroo's of being 'sick' is no excuse. If any of my guys are 'sick', fine. they work at home on their laptops and phones until they get better. Business as usual. The work gets done unless they are on their deathbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
The only difference between Yurneroo and the rest is that he has the skills and tools to go further than anyone could.
Correction : Fixed that for you. You said it yourself that you are a 2-person team and that Yurneroo is the only one that can deal with the content. And he' s not getting the job done.
im batman is offline  
Old   #41
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 120
Received Thanks: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahorio View Post
The only difference between us and the rest is that we have the skills and tools to go further than anyone could.

2 Years and u went so far I am proud of you guys keep up the good work.
As I already said people manage to bring completely new games for the time it takes u to edit already existing one call it lazyness or w/e u want but its more likely you are uncapable of doing changes to the game.
People patience has limits and you guys went beyond them so good luck with your "server" and dont come up with posts like this one above mine because its ridiculuos.You have been talking about your server for TWO years and we have nothing, no screenshots, no videos of what is changed completely nothing just a video posted by Ish which showed the changes in crafting system and thats all. Excuse me but your server is like aliens everybody is talking about them but noone actually saw one.
This is a general misunderstanding. There's uRohan and there's Rohan II.
uRohan started about two years ago, Rohan II started about one year ago.
I won't get in details, but try to understand that we lack manpower and time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
This is what happens when yurneroo insists on running his project as a 1-man show. when life happens, life wins and the server loses. R2 has stopped being any kind of priority for that man.



To be fair here Mark shut down the site because a lot more than Yurn. Mark shut down the site for several reasons that only started with my treatment on his site. The behavior after that of every member of the team except Reqveim was like a damn troll fest not only to me, but to Mark as well. It was unacceptable and Mark said fk it.

To be fair to Reqveim, he was working his own website for things like the game shops and services. He could very easily have set up forums there to communicate with his members. That appears gone.

I have only one question though - if you are intending to put a game server up, why let the host lapse? You can't build a server unless you are actually hosting it on something. After all having the host there sucking money out of your bank accounts you have very good motivation to get it built and open to start paying for itself. When there is no host to build on, there is 0 motivation to get the job done. Yurneroo's of being 'sick' is no excuse. If any of my guys are 'sick', fine. they work at home on their laptops and phones until they get better. Business as usual. The work gets done unless they are on their deathbed.


Correction : Fixed that for you. You said it yourself that you are a 2-person team and that Yurneroo is the only one that can deal with the content. And he' s not getting the job done.
You do have a valid point and i would love to work with you at some point, but consider that we're rather young and things like deadlines are a special kind of hell for us.

Yeah, Yurneroo did 99% of the work regarding mapserver ... control. I just got used to say we.
Danger Mouse is offline  
Old   #42
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
@Danger Mouse..

Sorry, i just wanna ask..

After the years that you guys have been working on this (or not)... Is it even going to be worth it ??

I agree with what Ahorio said.. Sometimes the length of time it takes to edit something.... It's just not worth waiting for when there are soo many other servers out there..

Chrono hit over 900 likes the other day.. If even 2/3 of those people play, there server would be packed and they have only been around for a month or so.
peinful is offline  
Old   #43
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 314
Received Thanks: 97
Chronos-Network went from 300~to 900 likes in a day, most of them if not all are fake.
kthxbai2 is offline  
Old   #44
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 269
Received Thanks: 66
I don't see the reason why you would fake Facebook likes ;/
xHaiBai is offline  
Old   #45
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 799
Received Thanks: 462
just throwing this out there.

to make a game server appear more popular than it is?


im batman is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:06.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.