Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 00:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Level 99 Private servers!

Old 04/07/2015, 02:50   #16

elite*gold: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro99 View Post
maybe you are right, ppl stop quitting but its useless if at the same time no ppl is coming. they cant get more than 150+ players online [yet]. have you see the chars list on their web? its more like players is come then leave or maybe new player come and old player leave or no player come just the old player with their new chars.

idk why, but i see some pserver that opened at the end of march or this month has more players
Well it comes like 2Rohan ( Chinese P.Server i played on )

For 2 months they did surveys on what players wanted and when they finally opened their server, it had almost everything that players requested.

They started off with over 700 people online and by month 2, there were over 1000..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro99 View Post
they cant get more than 150+ players online [yet]
idk why, but i see some pserver that opened at the end of march or this month has more players
At the start of the server they had about 270 online - 300+

But like every rohan.. Once you do not set limits, players who can afford will spend tons of cash to make +12 and +15 rings and basically "fuck up" the players who play the game passively..

And everyone knows that a server with 30 doners won't be any fun, which is why a lot of complaining is going on right now on the forum.

New players join, don't have fun and quit.
Online Players: 113
Accounts: 4432
Characters Made: 2948

With almost 3000 characters... You would hope to see at least 500 or 600 online.

This server has a lot of potential. But everyone quits because of the crazy Doners hitting WAY to hard. It turns every new player off. And i don't blame them

Old 04/07/2015, 09:19   #17

elite*gold: 0
Seriously those who have knowldge to make and handle a game server dont have any idea what players want, they just want to implement as much as stuffs they can.

Sadly they think 150 lvl cap, ton of armor, hundreds of boss (and boss drops) and as much as map can be cramped is what players want.

Make it simple, make it old and make it difficult and player will stick.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/07/2015, 10:00   #18

Nah its the other way around, the players do not know what they want. If developers would implement everything the players ask for, the server would be dead. Sir, cheap items pl0x, sir everything available with 1 minute of work sir, me wants level 21392138724 instantly... You see where im coming from.
Old 04/07/2015, 10:41   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
Well it comes like 2Rohan ( Chinese P.Server i played on )

For 2 months they did surveys on what players wanted and when they finally opened their server, it had almost everything that players requested.

They started off with over 700 people online and by month 2, there were over 1000..

At the start of the server they had about 270 online - 300+

But like every rohan.. Once you do not set limits, players who can afford will spend tons of cash to make +12 and +15 rings and basically "fuck up" the players who play the game passively..

And everyone knows that a server with 30 doners won't be any fun, which is why a lot of complaining is going on right now on the forum.

New players join, don't have fun and quit.
Online Players: 113
Accounts: 4432
Characters Made: 2948

With almost 3000 characters... You would hope to see at least 500 or 600 online.

This server has a lot of potential. But everyone quits because of the crazy Doners hitting WAY to hard. It turns every new player off. And i don't blame them
dont blame the donors, the owner should be able to handle them. but its hopeless if the owner get the dark eyes when he saw the donors money. lost control, and keep implement what he want to even some/most players didnt agree with that. since no complain from the donors, everything is fine. so far thats all that i can see

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipapun View Post
Seriously those who have knowldge to make and handle a game server dont have any idea what players want, they just want to implement as much as stuffs they can.

Sadly they think 150 lvl cap, ton of armor, hundreds of boss (and boss drops) and as much as map can be cramped is what players want.

Make it simple, make it old and make it difficult and player will stick.
seriously, if "those" means they that handle online server atm Im agree with your statement.
but not for all, the players also didnt know what they want. thats why the server need a team that have a different skills to manage their server. not only editor and money leecher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
Nah its the other way around, the players do not know what they want. If developers would implement everything the players ask for, the server would be dead. Sir, cheap items pl0x, sir everything available with 1 minute of work sir, me wants level 21392138724 instantly... You see where im coming from.
agreed, but atm almost(maybe all of them) the server also didnt know what the good way to make their server fun. not only for 1-3days, but as long as the server alive. almost(maybe all of them) only know about how to make the donors keep donate to their server.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/07/2015, 10:59   #20

Donators are a site aspect. They are surely needed to keep a server running. However, normal players are the ones every good developer and server should target. The first goal should be to keep players busy and involved, donations will come as a side product.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/07/2015, 18:27   #21

Quote:
Donators are a site aspect. They are surely needed to keep a server running. However, normal players are the ones every good developer and server should target. The first goal should be to keep players busy and involved, donations will come as a side product.
Exactly.. Who doesn't want to play on a server with over 500 players ?
and out of hat maybe 40 or 50 people would donate.

I've never changed my mind on what i believe rohan should be like.
I've always thought that lvl99 cap is fine, i don't care for hero skills.
I also believe that scrolls should not give % Multipliers but in fact set bonuses like 700 melee instead of 10% boost or whatever.
Keeping it simple in every way possible but as Yun said, making it difficult enough that players stay involved.

Items from the IM should ALL be purchasable from the IP mall and IP tickets should drop from normal mobs (very little)

Example: If a pres stone costs 100 IM Points. That same pres stone should cost 1000 IP Points and each mob should drop 1- IP tickets for 1 IP each.
You kill 500+ mobs and you get enough to buy your pres stone..
A lot more work but at least it's available to every play.
New players who join to have fun must suffer because they can't solo bosses, Ele Dungeon, be forced to join a guild and be put in a "line" or donate.

Once normal mobs don't drop at least 1-2 IP tickets and everything on the IM is not available in the IP Shop then i consider the server a pay to win.
Old 04/07/2015, 18:42   #22

I agree with the pay to get there quicker philosophy but unfortunately I don't agree with you on the way you suggest everything is available in game.

The reason is you're removing all of the pay walls for everyone and only the most hardcore of players will donate, putting your server at risk of not generating enough cash flow. It's a bit risky just to rely on goodwill.

Current systems with IM items being tradeable should work fine, however none of the indofest devs out there have bothered to 1) create a fully functional EM and 2) have a vibrant in-game trading economy.

I know R2 will have a very busy and valuable in-game economy from what I know of when I worked there at its very beginning. It should also have a working EM and possibly consignment I think although Penelope will have to confirm that. Either way, economy was something that was highlighted very clearly and you'll see that when they open.

So the current IM system does work if it's done properly and donators are always forced into needing in-game items that non-donators spend their time farming. It's about a balanced economy. If donators aren't encouraged to trade IM items in-game, non-donators don't have a chance and you become pay to win. Too much ability for non-donators to have IM gear for free and you run the risk of making your server unsustainable.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/07/2015, 19:30   #23

Exactly the above.

EM and consignment, confirmed.

I do really believe that the IM should not carry goodies which push a donator above normal players in terms of strength. If that should be the case, the server has to come up with a solution to get around it. The economy in rohan is something really tricky and has to be done right otherwise the game just falls apart and what remains is stupid farming for nothing or donating. There should always be other mean to get items donators can get.

We at r2 have a quiet unique setup across pserver since we acctually do care about a proper economy.
Our items can be summerized into 3 grades, basically. More or less. Ingame stuff, available via crones. IM stuff, slightly more powerfull than ingame stuff, available via IM. Event stuff, more powerfull than IM goodies, only available ingame via special events. This way, the best goodies can only be obtained by people acctually playing the game.
Now to proceed, everything is obviously tradeable. Non-donors but hardcore farmers can buy their stuff ingame. Sure thing, but what happens if no donator is selling their IM stuff? Well, how about EM. As a farmer, you can always sell your goodies via EM. Just consider what a melee mace part was worth on irohan. As a farmer you could gear yourself up via EM, saving up RPs and buying your IM stuff.
There is obviously way more involved, but one last thing, move away from the IP stuff. Crones exist aswell. Nowadays to much is handled via IP tickets.
Old 04/07/2015, 20:19   #24

Quote:
There is obviously way more involved, but one last thing, move away from the IP stuff. Crones exist aswell. Nowadays to much is handled via IP tickets.
Haha all this IP rubbish has been so overdone. There's nothing wrong with having an alternative currency shop but it's the same thing over and over again with no imagination (or indoskills) to change it into something more interesting.
Old 04/07/2015, 20:23   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Haha all this IP rubbish has been so overdone. There's nothing wrong with having an alternative currency shop but it's the same thing over and over again with no imagination (or indoskills) to change it into something more interesting.
This.
Old 04/08/2015, 14:21   #26

Quote:
Exactly the above.

EM and consignment, confirmed.

I do really believe that the IM should not carry goodies which push a donator above normal players in terms of strength. If that should be the case, the server has to come up with a solution to get around it. The economy in rohan is something really tricky and has to be done right otherwise the game just falls apart and what remains is stupid farming for nothing or donating. There should always be other mean to get items donators can get.

We at r2 have a quiet unique setup across pserver since we acctually do care about a proper economy.
Our items can be summerized into 3 grades, basically. More or less. Ingame stuff, available via crones. IM stuff, slightly more powerfull than ingame stuff, available via IM. Event stuff, more powerfull than IM goodies, only available ingame via special events. This way, the best goodies can only be obtained by people acctually playing the game.
Now to proceed, everything is obviously tradeable. Non-donors but hardcore farmers can buy their stuff ingame. Sure thing, but what happens if no donator is selling their IM stuff? Well, how about EM. As a farmer, you can always sell your goodies via EM. Just consider what a melee mace part was worth on irohan. As a farmer you could gear yourself up via EM, saving up RPs and buying your IM stuff.
Well that'll provide a good economy once you get the **** ton of players you expect / hope for ^_^

Kinda Reminds me of Guild Wars 2 actually
Old 04/08/2015, 14:52   #27

It does have to be said that R2 will thrive only if they can attract enough players and the different systems might make players a bit cautious at first.

But by having systems like the consignment and EM running, that automatically wins them many brownie points and should get them a decent starting base to work with. It's also run by people who know what they're doing which helps too.
Old 04/08/2015, 16:47   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
Well that'll provide a good economy once you get the **** ton of players you expect / hope for ^_^

Kinda Reminds me of Guild Wars 2 actually
economy on rohan hero patch is
start server 100 im point 30-40m
later 2 week and once top guild with tax at 30% start have 10-15b in week im point start grow up or u can even find donator
first thing to fix is tsb tax most server have 150ppl online and 10b tax lol
Old 04/08/2015, 20:40   #29

Still no good 99 lev server? :P
Old 04/08/2015, 22:59   #30

127.0.0.1 sir, always be the only good server

« Min Specs for Test Server ? | The Best server to play »