Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 09:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[PAID] Rohan Project - Developer Needed

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[PAID] Rohan Project - Developer Needed

Hello everyone,

Im currently putting together a Rohan Project. I'm looking for the server to be Mid-Rate with some fairly simple features to make the server unique and produce a community that is constantly growing. As for Rohan Development there are hacks available on the net but I'm looking for a team that can work to fix this issue before launch. I'll pay for all expenses even hire professional coders to help to patch/fix the Dupe/Cheat Engine issue. This you can get paid for working on this project and making the server go into full release. The pay is commission based meaning the work you do and impact it makes on our server can have you making a fairly great amount of money. Below you can find our application format simply copy it; You can post it here in this thread or private message it to me.

Application Format

Private Message me your application or post it here.

About The Dedicated Server

About Payment

Old   #2

carefull when hiring devs in this scene xD

Old   #3

I recomend you to trust very few people arround here.Most of them are just wanabe trying to copy paste content change 1 name in the bin and done it's made by them you should ask for a live demonstration like see him actualy changing stuff not just having the files from other's and moving 1 2 names.

Also alot of people will offer you programs for money dont do that search carefully and you will find them for free.

And if you dont know anything about rohan in general and wana pay people to do it you might not agree with them and they will leave no matter what you pay them cuz mostly they know what to do.In conclusion dont be like Xiro(Old owner of ION Rohan) or Khrys(Old owner of ShineRohan) Paying all the **** and not knowing how it works is never good for business.
Old   #4

i want help you i can fill all MySQL Problems and can fixx items etc. i want help you 4 free with this project !! i want an rohan p server

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
I recomend you to trust very few people arround here.Most of them are just wanabe trying to copy paste content change 1 name in the bin and done it's made by them you should ask for a live demonstration like see him actualy changing stuff not just having the files from other's and moving 1 2 names.

Also alot of people will offer you programs for money dont do that search carefully and you will find them for free.

And if you dont know anything about rohan in general and wana pay people to do it you might not agree with them and they will leave no matter what you pay them cuz mostly they know what to do.In conclusion dont be like Xiro(Old owner of ION Rohan) or Khrys(Old owner of ShineRohan) Paying all the shit and not knowing how it works is never good for business.
Oh believe me i know a lot about Rohan and the issues that follow. Ion Rohan was run by 5 people, 4 behind the scene funding all aspects of it and the one running it who was Xiro. I'm one of the people who were behind the scenes funding the Anti-Hack that was given by a Rohan Developer as well as dedicated server costs, web hosting, etc.

Ion Rohan had a lot of shot comings because of the immaturity of the owner running it and the staff that became bored with its success. Now that I'm running my own company I want to put some of my assets which have brought my current foundation into a different rohan experience. A lot of people loved Ion Rohan because of the community it brought.

Hopefully I can get a team that has the same views and beliefs for Rohan that i do. If not then so be it but ill be putting everything into this project to hopefully revive a dead and shamed Rohan server to the popularity and success it once had.

This server won't have any GM's besides Admins who will rarely be seen in-game besides hosting planned and detailed events. That was one of Ion Rohan failures, but enough about that hopefully we can get a amazing team together. With being a paid position i know we can get something nice together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daronger View Post
i want help you i can fill all MySQL Problems and can fixx items etc. i want help you 4 free with this project !! i want an rohan p server
We'll hopefully you can send me a detailed application so i can see your abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhytonMate View Post
carefull when hiring devs in this scene xD
Oh i know a lot about Rohan Private Server development. Thanks for the advice.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

So, what you're saying is that you want somebody to do the hard work while you get most of the profit?
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
So, what you're saying is that you want somebody to do the hard work while you get most of the profit?
So you'd like to talk profit. All developers are paid Bi Weekly based on the servers income. I work on Data Entry, Advertisements, Team Management, Network/Sales Statistics, Social Media Management & Ads, etc. I just don't sit on my *** and do nothing I'm just as hard working as anyone else out there i just have a different skill set.

Thats the whole point of a "Team," putting together a group of people with a different skill set to achieve a set goal. Don't you think?
Old   #8

So, explain to everybody your conditions.
What do you expect in exchange of your investment?

I'm assuming that a person with your experience already has something in mind.
Old   #9

You speak well for yourself redbreaker. If I still had any motivation in developing rohan servers, I would consider your offer. but sadly I am not personally motivated enough to participate in rohan server development any longer. but I will give you this piece of free advice.

do not create a server then leave the running of it to others. nothing drives a good developer away faster than having them develop the server, then leave the entire process of running and administering it to him. developers HATE administrative bs. They don't want to work with server owners that do not take a personal interest in all aspects of their server. They could care less about changing prices in your IM. They don't want to have to create packages or distribute event prizes. They certainly don't want to run events or chase after paymentwall or paypal muckups. they don't want to be gms.

a developer likes working for an owner that understands, ir is keen on learning all the hows, whats and whys of his server. a developer doesn't mind teaching an owner these things as long as the owner shows some interest in learning it. But he does mind if he goes through all the effort the owner in the administration of his server only to have that owner drop it all in his lap to run.

In short, don't be a xiro. devs don't like having the whole thing sitting on their shoulders.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

Quote:
So, explain to everybody your conditions.
What do you expect in exchange of your investment?

I'm assuming that a person with your experience already has something in mind.
Actually I have set a goal for the server, the goal is "Sustainability". Over the past 3 years that I've looked over Rohan Private Servers. A major problem that all of them have is no vision, no offense to all the dedicated coders/developers. The people managing these servers are in it for the MONEY.

Which isn't a bad thing as most of us are but servers need to have long term plans and goals. Community is what makes Rohan thrive one thing we can all say is Ion Rohan had an amazing community. It was the 2nd biggest Rohan private server ever made with over 1,000+ players being online at all times. Even 200,000+ accounts being made since its uprising.

The major major down fall again is a lack of vision. If you have a well thought out plan and road you want your server to go down. You can then run a successful and prosperous server. This means no random events, no random content being uploaded (Community should know at least 2 weeks before hand of whats being added to the server.), NO GM's (I know everyone has had that GM that gives items out and helps specific guilds in-game.), balanced payment system (If you pay for something in-game another person who can't should be able to obtain that without paying.), Active Staff (Meetings held everyday via Voice Chat, no one should be going mia for long periods of time and only showing up for the payday.)

The list continues there are a lot of things that go into making a successful server, so in order to achieve that goal i need a team with the same vision as me. Rohan is a game build on PVP and group organization, so without a sustainable community the game fails. To get a community you need their trust and belief that your different from he competition.

Hopefully i answered some of your questions if you have anymore feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwood View Post
You speak well for yourself redbreaker. If I still had any motivation in developing rohan servers, I would consider your offer. but sadly I am not personally motivated enough to participate in rohan server development any longer. but I will give you this piece of free advice.

do not create a server then leave the running of it to others. nothing drives a good developer away faster than having them develop the server, then leave the entire process of running and administering it to him. developers HATE administrative bs. They don't want to work with server owners that do not take a personal interest in all aspects of their server. They could care less about changing prices in your IM. They don't want to have to create packages or distribute event prizes. They certainly don't want to run events or chase after paymentwall or paypal muckups. they don't want to be gms.

a developer likes working for an owner that understands, ir is keen on learning all the hows, whats and whys of his server. a developer doesn't mind teaching an owner these things as long as the owner shows some interest in learning it. But he does mind if he goes through all the effort the owner in the administration of his server only to have that owner drop it all in his lap to run.

In short, don't be a xiro. devs don't like having the whole thing sitting on their shoulders.
I totally understand where your coming from. You made some very accurate statements. It honestly pains me to see good developers like you leave the community, if i could have someone with your belief system i'd be one step closer to achieving my goal of the perfect Rohan Private Server.

If you look up at my last response in this post you'll see some of what i have planned for my upcoming Rohan Private Server. I just don't want to repeat everything here because that'd be super repetitive right? Haha
Old   #11

@redbreaker

Your arguments are similar to what i was hearing from Xiro, and as we all know Xiro turned out to be a big disappointment.

However, back to the original topic of discussion.
With every response i get from you i am more and more certain about how working with you will be. You want to invest some money, make your developers work and after that pay them on a biweekly basis. I know, i'm just repeating what you're saying. The catch is that somebody who talks like that looks for a team, but he's not a part of the team. He's the boss.

Funny fact about that is that you don't actually do anything. You're just investing some money and expect profit. Fair enough.

How much of the serve profit do you want for your you? 2%? 5%? 10%? 25%?
That was my question.

You;re looking for employees while most of the people are looking for partners.
Old   #12

Quote:
@redbreaker

Your arguments are similar to what i was hearing from Xiro, and as we all know Xiro turned out to be a big disappointment.

However, back to the original topic of discussion.
With every response i get from you i am more and more certain about how working with you will be. You want to invest some money, make your developers work and after that pay them on a biweekly basis. I know, i'm just repeating what you're saying. The catch is that somebody who talks like that looks for a team, but he's not a part of the team. He's the boss.

Funny fact about that is that you don't actually do anything. You're just investing some money and expect profit. Fair enough.

How much of the serve profit do you want for your you? 2%? 5%? 10%? 25%?
That was my question.

You;re looking for employees while most of the people are looking for partners.
Hmm, you sound quite similar to someone I've known before in the past based on your join date and Rohan Development experience. Im also assuming you've made this new account for a specific reason maybe to hide your identity. Due to a bad reputation or maybe just to not be known in general, but thats all speculation. The attitude at which you approached this thread shows your looking to de-rep or turn others away from joining it.

But I'll answer all questions you have without budging or avoiding them. This project is Team based, I'm looking for staff to Hire ignored to work for me. I have a vast variety of skills which i know makes me capable of being a Team Leader and in order to find people to work for you a form of payment is due correct? All bosses & company owners will tell you the same that I'm about to. A Project cannot be run without someone at the head managing the overall business aspects of a project/team.

You can have your developers, graphic designers, advertisers, bloggers, etc. But someone must be running the team from above the stands. I made if fairly clear in the main post of the thread that i was looking for a Team which i would be paying. Not a project that is divided up based on members and can crumble if one person leaves who has a specific task which is vital.

Now i would like to ask you a few question.s I've done my fair share of research on this Project Rohan 2.0 and i know some of the staff who will be or already is working on it. PenguinJoe and a few others for example, this project will be built completely from the ground up in order to prevent the current flaw's in Rohan. For example, the overall exploits of the game and backdoors which allow people with cheat engine to dupe and spawn invalid items.

My questions are :

Why make other projects seem horrible and irrelevant, if your goal is to help bring the Rohan Development community back to life?

Is your goal to monopolize the rohan private server community in general. Without sharing your ways and wisdom of fixing is faults?

And the reason i ask these questions is because the community as you know is dying, developers are leaving, and players are losing hope as well as interest. Don't you think the development community should band together to save it? I mean other private server communities are very open and generous. They share their wisdom and also guide the community.

I could care two flying f**ks about files because my goal is to bring something new to the community and maybe in the process bring it back to life.

P.S. I might have a few spelling/grammar errors but I'm rushing to go to work at the moment ill reply to your response once i get a chance.
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreaker View Post
Hmm, you sound quite similar to someone I've known before in the past based on your join date and Rohan Development experience. Im also assuming you've made this new account for a specific reason maybe to hide your identity. Due to a bad reputation or maybe just to not be known in general, but thats all speculation. The attitude at which you approached this thread shows your looking to de-rep or turn others away from joining it.

But I'll answer all questions you have without budging or avoiding them. This project is Team based, I'm looking for staff to Hire ignored to work for me. I have a vast variety of skills which i know makes me capable of being a Team Leader and in order to find people to work for you a form of payment is due correct? All bosses & company owners will tell you the same that I'm about to. A Project cannot be run without someone at the head managing the overall business aspects of a project/team.

You can have your developers, graphic designers, advertisers, bloggers, etc. But someone must be running the team from above the stands. I made if fairly clear in the main post of the thread that i was looking for a Team which i would be paying. Not a project that is divided up based on members and can crumble if one person leaves who has a specific task which is vital.

Now i would like to ask you a few question.s I've done my fair share of research on this Project Rohan 2.0 and i know some of the staff who will be or already is working on it. PenguinJoe and a few others for example, this project will be built completely from the ground up in order to prevent the current flaw's in Rohan. For example, the overall exploits of the game and backdoors which allow people with cheat engine to dupe and spawn invalid items.

My questions are :

Why make other projects seem horrible and irrelevant, if your goal is to help bring the Rohan Development community back to life?

Is your goal to monopolize the rohan private server community in general. Without sharing your ways and wisdom of fixing is faults?

And the reason i ask these questions is because the community as you know is dying, developers are leaving, and players are losing hope as well as interest. Don't you think the development community should band together to save it? I mean other private server communities are very open and generous. They share their wisdom and also guide the community.

I could care two flying f**ks about files because my goal is to bring something new to the community and maybe in the process bring it back to life.

P.S. I might have a few spelling/grammar errors but I'm rushing to go to work at the moment ill reply to your response once i get a chance.
Can you at least tell us how much % will you be getting as being the team leader?
Old   #14

Even intentions seem good ... But this conversation I've heard several times.
And another, I worked with some dev. and unfortunately the envy is greater.
The dev's are starting a project with fear. Afraid to share information. No one speaks everything you know. And that's a problem.

Most programmers are so, I myself am so I don't like to give out information that it took me to get it. And it's not because you're paying for the Dedicated server you'll give orders. I find it very difficult a DEV accept that because the hard work who did was the DEV and not that rich who sits in front of the computer 24/7. and keeps finding the GM.
I started a similar project, but didn't last long. Leave taking several DEV that you don't even know, is complicated.
Old   #15

I didn't switch to this new account to hide my identity, i did it because the Rohan 2.0 team decided we should adopt 80's-90's cartoon character names.

I'm zzerachiel, or how you guys knew me while i was working on Ion Rohan 2, stray hat. Cool nickname, right?

I'm not trying to ruin your reputation here, all i'm asking you is to speak your mind. Honestly, in the current circumstances, i wouldn't work for anyone when it comes to Rohan. I've had my fair share of bitter experiences around here.

Now, to answer your questions.

Quote:
We're not aiming to bring the Rohan Development comunity back to life. We're aiming to bring back the Rohan Comunity back, as in players.

Also, i don't want to make your project look irrelevant, i just want you to talk numbers with your potential employees.

Quote:
Yes. Whoever wants to change this might get busy.

Don't get me wrong. The more developer available means more servers available. More servers available means less players per server. It's all about maths.

Quote:
That sounds wrong coming from you. Oh well, not you as a person, but you as a possible owner. It's no mistery that everybody who opens a private server does it for profit. However, you talking about that while also saying that you want to have employees rather than colleagues doesn't serve you any good.

Now, most of the people here won't agree to work as an employee for you. All you can get here is to become an investor. And an investor gets his fair share out of the profits. What's your fair share?