Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 22:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[PAID] Rohan Project - Developer Needed

Discussion on [PAID] Rohan Project - Developer Needed within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 12/28/2014, 16:25   #16

elite*gold: 0
Redbreaker, your plans sounds nice. However, the scene was at that point once. People shared their knowledge, files and fluffy programms to mod/edit the game. It ended up with indo leechers popping scam servers like pest flies. Therefore, nowadays stuff gets only shared in closed groups of developers.
Take us of Rohan 2.0 as an example. We do generally share everything with each other since we do have a working environment we can fully trust in. I dont need to worry that danger mouse would ever share my work, especially the new game dynamics, graphics and modding suite we created. Generally, noone of the team would ever do that.

Thats the crucial difference. If our stuff would ever get released by some idiot, the scene would be instantly dead since all the server popping would start all over again, splitting the small remaining community even more.

With Rohan 2.0 and uRohan however, we will see the rohan scene get a bit of health back and we will definitly center the community again. Just like BWG does aswell, competition is always nice.

As of danger mouse, he just changed his name in the progress of the rohan 2.0 project. We all did. Its no secret that he's Reqviem, nor is it a secret that im yurneroo. We do not want to hide ourselfs if thats what you are saying.

So to your questions:

a) We do not let other projects seem horrible nor irrelevant. Me shooting at ritoyuuki does not mean im making the BWG server bad. No, I do have a personal problem with one of the developers but not with the server they are creating. Im not making their server bad in any way. Thats what most idiots around here do not understand, unfortunately.
Furthermore, req wasnt making your project bad. His questions were reasonable and to the point. Do you plan to just do the payings and let others work while taking lets say 90% of the gross for yourself or do you want to make it a fair working team in which you yourself aswell work for the end product?

b) Monopolizing the rohan scene is not our goal. Competition is always good and always generates new developments. However, if some server will be monopolizing the scene, others will work harder to make their server better to generate competition again. Nothing bad here, there is no real monopole.

c) See above as of why people dont share in this scene.

No hate, make love.
PS: Merry XMas and a happy new year everyone.
Old 12/28/2014, 17:10   #17

Instead of replying to everyone specifically who's replied seems to have the same views so ill just post my reply to fit the based responses.

I do thank everyone for sharing their information about the their views on rohan and team management. My goal here is to hire a team that i can work with in sync. The reason I'm hiring people is because once people see they are going to be paid on a set schedule based on the server income in gives them the incentive that they have a reason to work hard and put in the effort.

Ion Rohan had many faults as we all know i can tell you all a few of them so you cans see my point. We had one developer who was "Kennethz" and another who was a web developer but also worked on the server named who was' name started with a "J" or "W" but i can't remember at all.

Kennethz did good work from my knowledge i don't know if he stole the files or work he had but when we asked for something he had it. The major issue with him was he always went M.I.A for weeks at a time and only show'd up for his payday. Shortly after disappearing until it was time for him to get paid again. He lost interest once he saw the project blossom and become stable without a need for new content. Then he moved onto Dragon Nest development on R a g e z o n e you can find him under the same name he used here.

The other guy being the web developer/coder had a horrible attitude. His only main thought was getting paid he sent multiple threats to the owner of Ion Rohan at the time. Some being " Ill release all the server files ", " Ill shut down the server ", " Ill take all the servers money". We had to listen to all his threats because he was the only one who could run the server in Kennethz' absence.

If we could have found a better developer or team believe me Ion Rohan would still be up even now. But with a different owner of course. My point is i want to put together a team that can get the job done and the amount they would be paid is based on the amount of work they put in. You can see a developer making $100 / $200 + 25/30% of the server profit if they're very professional . Another thing is server donations go into Advertisements, New Content, Social Media, and other things. Thats how we still have a big Facebook Fanbase still waiting for a better version/launch of Ion Rohan. Well thought out and not rushed out the gates like all the other failed attempts.

If you have any other questions shoot them my way, i like that this thread is probably getting Rohan Development active again. Hopefully i can muster up a good team from all those reading this this thread.
Old 12/29/2014, 03:21   #18

OMG You are NOT going to call it Ion Rohan *something* are you? Don't!!!

Ion Rohan may have been decent at one time, but today it has a really bad rep with players.

---- edit ----

PenguinJoe asked me to pass on that he has retired from all rohan server development.
Old 12/29/2014, 08:29   #19

I like your attitude and demeanour redbreaker, and agree with many of your points. I only have very limited technical skills to offer, but I do have other skills that may come in handy. I'll check over your application form and PM you.
Old 12/31/2014, 14:08   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwood View Post
OMG You are NOT going to call it Ion Rohan *something* are you? Don't!!!

Ion Rohan may have been decent at one time, but today it has a really bad rep with players.

---- edit ----

PenguinJoe asked me to pass on that he has retired from all rohan server development.
Don't worry the server will be called something completely different. Currently were slowly building a team once we find some more good developers we can jump start everything.
Old 12/31/2014, 14:40   #21

ooo boy i miss those days when dev. work on priv servers only for fun...
Remember Gamblex?
Coming back on topic. Good luck my well intention frend with your project, and i reaaaly hope that your math will cover the expenses for server/developers cost and still remain with a few bucks in your wallet.
Old 12/31/2014, 16:47   #22

There are some developers here that are willing to work for free and some that are not both provide intresting choices on making a server both sides got ideas and both sides deserve something so posting some prices like a template let's say Developer Payd 30$ per month (Example) or Developer Team Leader Payd 50$ per month (Example)
Working Time for Developer = 5h per day
Working Time for Developer Team Leader = 10h per day (Example)

Stuff like that will probly bring you more people.

PS: Im not looking for job.Im curently dooing stuff on BwG and il not work for another company / comunity :P
Old 12/31/2014, 17:56   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreaker View Post
Don't worry the server will be called something completely different. Currently were slowly building a team once we find some more good developers we can jump start everything.
I think you have some of the necessary pieces in place already (llc protection, start-up funding, motivation, etc) to make a decent go of it. Good luck!

let us know when you get up & running cause I will most certainly want to check it out.
Old 12/31/2014, 18:33   #24

For some people money is their motivation. That's just the way it is, rightly or wrongly.

As long as the team want to create a server that isn't a cash cow and has some original and fun ideas, I say good luck to you.
Old 12/31/2014, 18:42   #25

Is Rohan 2.0 still being developed or has it been dropped?
Old 12/31/2014, 19:48   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glixxer View Post
Is Rohan 2.0 still being developed or has it been dropped?
It's still being developed but neither me or PenguinJoe are currently involved. Danger Mouse/Reqviem and Penelope Pitstop/Yurneroo are the ones leading it but I don't have any progress information.
Old 01/02/2015, 17:24   #27

<removed>
Old 01/02/2015, 22:54   #28

Still working on looking for some developers even with the big "Paid" in the thread i only get sketchy people who apply. I mean if i can't understand your applications meaning "reading" it i won't take it into consideration. I need professional developers who i know i can chat with via voice chat or not.
Old 01/02/2015, 23:46   #29

You won't find any real devs here.Just .bin trolls.
Those who got a clue on doing actual developing are allready in teams and aren't interested in working for someone.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 01/05/2015, 14:32   #30

Ive seen my fair share of trolls with rohan, Thats why all the dev applying aren't meeting the standards right now. Some barley talk english others just seem to have a side objective. Im still in possession of Ion Rohan's old file and i think thats what is brining out these box trolls.