Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 20:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Request] Video lesson about setting up a local Rohan server

Old   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
You're confusing terms. All you're saying is that you have some reverse engineering skills and some programming skills.
Yes, you provided a working client, but that's not that impressive. However, it was vital at the beginnings so kudos to you for that.

I'm not gonna rant about what you said, all i'm saying is that you're not a developer and neither am i. Simple as that. Leave you ego behind and read the entire sentence.

We're not working together and i'm reluctant to work with you at the moment due to the way our last talk went. It doesn't mean that i don't trust you. So here, catch ya up on skype and show me a piece of your code. If i like it, i'll apologize.
I don't care if you think I'm not a developer, I have no reason to prove my self to you or any one else.

But I just don't think its right for you to say that about every one in the community.

You should know one thing, I don't like how people from your "Team" respond to the community including you.

So Regardless I dislike your team as it currently stands because of how you act, What yurn sent me proved that I knew exactly what he was going to do all along

You are gonna loose support of a lot of people if you act harsh towards the community that your trying to develop for.

Old   #47

Well, I've been messing with you. What do you expect? Now you acting as if you'd know when you acctually didnt.

If there's one thing I seriously hate, than its bragging. Not normal bragging, hey everyone does that. No, bragging about stuff one doesnt know about, yet pretending he does.
You know what? I've been messaging you. You've been acting like a complete dick from the beginning. Telling me "hey you are conceited", I dislike this and I dislike that. And since we are that bad people, you dont want to help us at all since we dont deserve it. Why would we possibly want your help except of saving ourselfs throught the hassle of doing work which someone else already did. Tho, as the convo showed, you did not posses such knowledge, but read on.

But hey, you are missing one critical point. We are real developers, everyone of us has a proper background in different IT topics. Yet we exactly know what we do. However, on your initial post you've been saying so much funny things. You can do great stuff and you have a huge knowledge about rohan. You could say you are the best developer in the scene (which there is no best btw) but you wouldnt do it. You have a map editor, know about how to edit the world, bins, UI, Modells and you can code with c++/c# and reverse stuff.
Fact is, you need attention. You try to get that attention by bragging about stuff you archived (most you probably didnt) claiming you could do this or that and you know about this chicken and that McNugget. The point is, you just claim it, you pretend all this stuff to get attention. You want to tell me im conceited while you act like an utter asshole iterating on how great you are.
You are not. Why? Besides the fact that I directly know when speaking with skilled people, you proved me correct by bragging about lots of funny things I just could facepalm about.

You said you can edit a heightmap. I ask you, where is the problem to write a program sampling the heights by greyscale? However, thats not what you did. So I ask you again, how hard is it to type into google "edit heightmap". Every half decent tool can edit raw heightmaps, thats two clicks. No afford on your site here.

You said you have written a map editor. Yet you didnt know what the .rdf files are for. How could I possibly believe you have a working toolset, in this case a full worldeditor, when at the same time you dont even know what the .rdf files are for. I could iterate on it, asking you what the .lay, .ilc, .atr, .lit and .gtx files represent. You wouldnt know. So if you say you have a world editor, I assume you imported the heightmap and the entities. How could you possibly say you have a fully working 3D editor while at the same time highlighting the easiest part, "and it even can edit the heightmap" *claps*
Yet, I've proven with screenshots that we acctually do have a proper world editor, being able to edit the complete world.
You've been acting jelouse on that one. Asking me how I could possibly post such screenshots in our server thread.

You told me that only actions prove what we can or something along these lines. Our actions so far proven that we are able to edit several stuffs. Im asking you, what did you to prove what you claimed? Nothing.

You told me you have proper structures for the .ui. Thats basically what I was keen on to save myself from the hassle to reverse them myself. I had you to the point where you were up to hook me up. You would have sent me the files if you had them. Fact is, you dont. You rather went to IDA trying to find a proper structure.
Either way, with little effort I managed to completely reverse them in that time.

You are NOT a reverse engineer, otherwise you would acctually know how simple it is to reverse such a file. Yet you call the structure complex and "dynamic". Deal with it, static file structures are uncommon.

You claimed you completely know how hooks works. I ask you, whats so hard in understanding a simple trampolin. Does that show any skills? No it doesnt, it doesnt take much to understand trampolins. Furthermore, you've posted that comment AFTER I used the word "trampolin". Someone's good at looking stuff up I guess.

Now, you claim you can programm c# and c++. With no doubt you can since programming aint hard. But what I seriously doubt is that you can write programms, not even considering huge frameworks all by yourself. Its simple to write a few lines of code. Not so much if you develop huge frameworks. You are trying to place yourself at the level of banana bandit, reqviem or me when it comes to coding. Fact is, there are huge gaps between you and us. You will have to practice very hard at least for another ten years untill you eventually reach the level on which we are playing. We can archive and accomplish everything we want in an efficient and fast manner. However, the knowledge you posses does not suffice to surpass us in any way. It does not suffice to get on our level, not even anywhere close. Now I seriously dont know how fluent your c#/c++ is, but it is impossible to build a knowledge base over a year from zero to where we are. Even if you were a mastermind itll be impossible, which you arent.

You've been trying to tell me how stuff works in the whole convo, stuff I already knew how it was working on which I had to hold back not to correct the shit out of you. You've been iterating on what great things you can do, yet half of what you said was incorrect. I seriously dont know what you wanted to archive with your attitude, maybe just a little bit more attention from a person who acctually know what he does?

Other than most people around, im not just a rohan developer. No kid, im a professional on that topic, doing a living with software engeneering. I've not studied for nothing, yet you try tell me about signature scanning, or more generalized about "how to find structures" in a file? You try to tell me how IDA works, seriously?

You claimed without you, we wouldnt be where we are today. I tell you, bullshit. You've been saying that we all only have the mapserver source just because of you. Im asking you, how hard is it to plug the mapserver and the respective PDB into IDA?
You've seriously wanted to correct me when I said "the mapserver source", telling me it aint the source. Of course its not the source, idiot? How could I, as a c/c++ programmer, not know that it aint the source. You've been trying to correct me when I corrected myself just for you by saying the "dissassembly", yelling at me its not the dissassembly but pseudo code. Oh really, what does the pseudo code represent? Correct, the asm dissassmbly.
Yet you claimed, without you, noone would know about IDA nor ollyDBG or whatever. Now seriously, those tools are not know around the internet. Only you knew about their existence back than. Yea, makes sense. Enterprise software gets developed just for you.
Either way, before you had that gracefull idea, I remind you, HuninHune or DeadlyData never existed and they never unpacked the client nor dissassbled the mapserver, correct? Well, they did.

All this time you've been bragging what you can, claiming you could do great things. Yet you cant. Yet you didnt prove it to me in any aspect or anything you did, nor do you have the knowledge to do so. Yet you didnt prove it to anyone around here.
One thing a true developer never does is pretending to be able to do various sorts of stuff. Yet, you do exactly that. You go around, claiming stuff just because you once touched a programm, a line of code or just a file. I have to dissappoint you, that doesnt make you good in those things, neither does it make you a developer.

All you did and showed so far is, that you are pro at leeching. Best example is Cal3D. You got the half file formats from there, yet I did completely reverse them myself. I ask you, could you reverse them yourself? You couldnt.
I even doubt you can apply the formats to rohan's graphics resources and write a stable importer for it. Stuff is worth nothing if you dont know what its all about. You are good in leeching bits but there aint any effort on your site which could really prove you as a true developer.

So please, dont act as if you'd be a top developer and on our level. You are not. You are far from it. Do yourself the favour and practice hard, you eventually become a bit more skilled on day. And you eventually dont need to seek attention by bragging and claiming stuff anymore. As of now there is just one word left to describe you, wannabe.

Yes im looking down on you. Thats basically how you treat people aswell as far as our convo showed it. Now, with all the stuff I've been writing above, you may notice that you are an open book to me.

Old   #48

Oh dear...

I think it is time to troll iRohan's forums some more...
Old   #49

Jebus. I have absolutely no idea what's gone on here but what is clear to see to absolutely everyone on this forum is what a jumped up, arrogant, conceited piece of **** you really are Yurn.

It's funny how I don't have to tell people what a despicable piece of work you are because you're showing everyone yourself! I haven't spoken to Dark personally for months but I know for a fact he's done nothing to deserve you treating him like he's an indo covered in dog ****. Then again that's how you speak to everyone that's not as "pro" at "developing" as you.

Before long you'll have made the whole community turn against you which means no-one will want to play on your server regardless of how good it may be. You see this community branches out into your potential customers, not sure if you've realised that.

Also a very glaring problem here Yurn. You claim to be the best there is here. Well... everyone is waiting for proof other than a few screenshots of stuff running in Unity. Until the proof arrives, you're nothing in this scene, absolutely nothing.

Hope you're well Dark. Let's catch up sometime and have another one of our brainstorming sessions

Oh I also just remembered something from the past that reminds me of your constant "I reversed this, I reversed that" attitude. I worked out the structure of the monster files on Underground Rohan. You put a few names to the columns then claimed you reversed it. GG who's the leech?

Someone seems way too desperate to be acknowledged as some kind of Chairman Developer Overlord. How many more people are you going to **** off in the mean time? Rito and Dreto next are they or aren't they even "worthy" of your attention?

Thanks
1 User
Old   #50

That is how I treat people who treat people like you do.
I love how easy you can be trolled.
Its very funny.

To think I was as tired as I was and still able to make you this mad!

Any ways idc what you think of me, as said before it means nothing of what you think.
I'm not looking for attention either as I don't care about such things.

You getting this mad though, That is priceless the effort you put in to that post means I accomplished making you mad.

This means you made mine and any one you have been a **** to's day.

Thank you for obligating them and me!

Any ways, what you say don't matter.
Let the community decide what they like better.

Also thanks for posting this publicly just helps my point so much.

Your only point is that you keep saying I cant do any thing let alone basic stuff.

I'll continue to let you think that, Though you are right about one thing I don't have as much knowledge as you in c# or even c++ maybe not even asm/re.

But the fact is your team consider's any one with less knowledge than you to not be developer material.

So that just instantly tell us all what kinda server your building right?

One that looks down on any one who knows less than them.
Witch is most of the community.

Also if you think I want attention, Just request me to either remove all my posts that you think were meant to get attention except for posts that are actually for helping people.

If you think thats not enough then name what you want and I'll see what I can do to help you understand I don't care about attention as it's some thing that is usually bad most of the time.

P.M. Sent, I'll talk to you in Private
Old   #51

Well you may aswell ask req, he will tell you the exactly same story.
If you call yourself and pein "the whole community", well than...

Other than that, I've never said im anywhere near the best in this scene nor did I claimed to be. So whatever you say dear, I couldnt care less. ~.~

Yet you feel the need to respond to it. Its not about what you wrote here, but rather in privacy on our little chit chat.

About reversing the monster format, other than it aint a complex format anyways? You saying about yourself you reversed the file. Im laughing really hard. Going into 010, moving throught the bytes and writing down the data type easily figured in its inspector is a no brainer and only takes a couple of minutes. Yet you piece of **** claim you've reversed it. A file format is worth nothing without the meaning of its acctual components. Putting a meaning into variables is called reversing. Discovering patterns/dynamic patterns is called reversing. To remind you, I've been giving you the correct file format, including the positioning node structure at the end of each entry which you wasnt able to reverse at all. But yea you reversed it idiot.

As of RitoYuuki and Dreto, both deserve no respect at all. By now we get along just fine, in terms of not ******* each other up. However, those two were the ones stealing reqs and my work, namely the first version of the antihack and tried to make money out of it. So im quiet confident calling them leechers and script kiddies.

Ish, for real. Stop acting as if you'd know, since you dont.
Old   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
Other than that, I've never said im anywhere near the best in this scene nor did I claimed to be. So whatever you say dear, I couldnt care less. ~.~
Yes you have, several times
Old   #53

Gm lie us.
Old   #54

Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
Well, I've been messing with you. What do you expect? Now you acting as if you'd know when you acctually didnt.

If there's one thing I seriously hate, than its bragging. Not normal bragging, hey everyone does that. No, bragging about stuff one doesnt know about, yet pretending he does.
You know what? I've been messaging you. You've been acting like a complete dick from the beginning. Telling me "hey you are conceited", I dislike this and I dislike that. And since we are that bad people, you dont want to help us at all since we dont deserve it. Why would we possibly want your help except of saving ourselfs throught the hassle of doing work which someone else already did. Tho, as the convo showed, you did not posses such knowledge, but read on.

But hey, you are missing one critical point. We are real developers, everyone of us has a proper background in different IT topics. Yet we exactly know what we do. However, on your initial post you've been saying so much funny things. You can do great stuff and you have a huge knowledge about rohan. You could say you are the best developer in the scene (which there is no best btw) but you wouldnt do it. You have a map editor, know about how to edit the world, bins, UI, Modells and you can code with c++/c# and reverse stuff.
Fact is, you need attention. You try to get that attention by bragging about stuff you archived (most you probably didnt) claiming you could do this or that and you know about this chicken and that McNugget. The point is, you just claim it, you pretend all this stuff to get attention. You want to tell me im conceited while you act like an utter asshole iterating on how great you are.
You are not. Why? Besides the fact that I directly know when speaking with skilled people, you proved me correct by bragging about lots of funny things I just could facepalm about.

You said you can edit a heightmap. I ask you, where is the problem to write a program sampling the heights by greyscale? However, thats not what you did. So I ask you again, how hard is it to type into google "edit heightmap". Every half decent tool can edit raw heightmaps, thats two clicks. No afford on your site here.

You said you have written a map editor. Yet you didnt know what the .rdf files are for. How could I possibly believe you have a working toolset, in this case a full worldeditor, when at the same time you dont even know what the .rdf files are for. I could iterate on it, asking you what the .lay, .ilc, .atr, .lit and .gtx files represent. You wouldnt know. So if you say you have a world editor, I assume you imported the heightmap and the entities. How could you possibly say you have a fully working 3D editor while at the same time highlighting the easiest part, "and it even can edit the heightmap" *claps*
Yet, I've proven with screenshots that we acctually do have a proper world editor, being able to edit the complete world.
You've been acting jelouse on that one. Asking me how I could possibly post such screenshots in our server thread.

You told me that only actions prove what we can or something along these lines. Our actions so far proven that we are able to edit several stuffs. Im asking you, what did you to prove what you claimed? Nothing.

You told me you have proper structures for the .ui. Thats basically what I was keen on to save myself from the hassle to reverse them myself. I had you to the point where you were up to hook me up. You would have sent me the files if you had them. Fact is, you dont. You rather went to IDA trying to find a proper structure.
Either way, with little effort I managed to completely reverse them in that time.

You are NOT a reverse engineer, otherwise you would acctually know how simple it is to reverse such a file. Yet you call the structure complex and "dynamic". Deal with it, static file structures are uncommon.

You claimed you completely know how hooks works. I ask you, whats so hard in understanding a simple trampolin. Does that show any skills? No it doesnt, it doesnt take much to understand trampolins. Furthermore, you've posted that comment AFTER I used the word "trampolin". Someone's good at looking stuff up I guess.

Now, you claim you can programm c# and c++. With no doubt you can since programming aint hard. But what I seriously doubt is that you can write programms, not even considering huge frameworks all by yourself. Its simple to write a few lines of code. Not so much if you develop huge frameworks. You are trying to place yourself at the level of banana bandit, reqviem or me when it comes to coding. Fact is, there are huge gaps between you and us. You will have to practice very hard at least for another ten years untill you eventually reach the level on which we are playing. We can archive and accomplish everything we want in an efficient and fast manner. However, the knowledge you posses does not suffice to surpass us in any way. It does not suffice to get on our level, not even anywhere close. Now I seriously dont know how fluent your c#/c++ is, but it is impossible to build a knowledge base over a year from zero to where we are. Even if you were a mastermind itll be impossible, which you arent.

You've been trying to tell me how stuff works in the whole convo, stuff I already knew how it was working on which I had to hold back not to correct the shit out of you. You've been iterating on what great things you can do, yet half of what you said was incorrect. I seriously dont know what you wanted to archive with your attitude, maybe just a little bit more attention from a person who acctually know what he does?

Other than most people around, im not just a rohan developer. No kid, im a professional on that topic, doing a living with software engeneering. I've not studied for nothing, yet you try tell me about signature scanning, or more generalized about "how to find structures" in a file? You try to tell me how IDA works, seriously?

You claimed without you, we wouldnt be where we are today. I tell you, bullshit. You've been saying that we all only have the mapserver source just because of you. Im asking you, how hard is it to plug the mapserver and the respective PDB into IDA?
You've seriously wanted to correct me when I said "the mapserver source", telling me it aint the source. Of course its not the source, idiot? How could I, as a c/c++ programmer, not know that it aint the source. You've been trying to correct me when I corrected myself just for you by saying the "dissassembly", yelling at me its not the dissassembly but pseudo code. Oh really, what does the pseudo code represent? Correct, the asm dissassmbly.
Yet you claimed, without you, noone would know about IDA nor ollyDBG or whatever. Now seriously, those tools are not know around the internet. Only you knew about their existence back than. Yea, makes sense. Enterprise software gets developed just for you.
Either way, before you had that gracefull idea, I remind you, HuninHune or DeadlyData never existed and they never unpacked the client nor dissassbled the mapserver, correct? Well, they did.

All this time you've been bragging what you can, claiming you could do great things. Yet you cant. Yet you didnt prove it to me in any aspect or anything you did, nor do you have the knowledge to do so. Yet you didnt prove it to anyone around here.
One thing a true developer never does is pretending to be able to do various sorts of stuff. Yet, you do exactly that. You go around, claiming stuff just because you once touched a programm, a line of code or just a file. I have to dissappoint you, that doesnt make you good in those things, neither does it make you a developer.

All you did and showed so far is, that you are pro at leeching. Best example is Cal3D. You got the half file formats from there, yet I did completely reverse them myself. I ask you, could you reverse them yourself? You couldnt.
I even doubt you can apply the formats to rohan's graphics resources and write a stable importer for it. Stuff is worth nothing if you dont know what its all about. You are good in leeching bits but there aint any effort on your site which could really prove you as a true developer.

So please, dont act as if you'd be a top developer and on our level. You are not. You are far from it. Do yourself the favour and practice hard, you eventually become a bit more skilled on day. And you eventually dont need to seek attention by bragging and claiming stuff anymore. As of now there is just one word left to describe you, wannabe.

Yes im looking down on you. Thats basically how you treat people aswell as far as our convo showed it. Now, with all the stuff I've been writing above, you may notice that you are an open book to me.
I have no idea what you meant by this first sentence, So I'll start at the second.
If there's one thing I seriously hate, it's bragging. Especially when someone brags about stuff they know nothing about, yet acting like they do.

I've been messaging YOU! YOU'VE been acting like a complete dick from the beginning! Telling me, "Hey you are conceited", that I dislike this, and I dislike that. We don't deserve your help because we are bad people.
The only reason why we would want your help is to save ourselves the hassle anyways. It was obvious you wouldn't have been any help at all from previous conversat.....

Okay I'm done trying to correct the mistakes in that post, it would take ages to rewrite that whole thing. You should stick to what you do best rather than posting on forums, your posts are an eyesore.
Point is you just wrote about 8k characters trying to insult somebody over the internet.

I think somebody feels threatened.
Old   #55

I think somebody made a troll account.
Old   #56

The effort put in to correcting the post that took so much effort is GREAT! lol.
Old   #57

Old   #58

The thing is, Dark, that before we started looking down on you it was you who started looking down on us. You're just fighting over a title at the moment, and that's just plain wrong.

Do a mental exercise and try to think about it this way : the moment you start bragging to people who have more experience than you, that's the response you'll get. Know your place and everything will be fine.

You know what's even funnier? Nobody here would've looked down on you if you didn't brag.
Old   #59

And the point of ALL this is... what exactly?

You started sucking up to Dark to see if he had something you wanted (while doing this you were talking **** behind his back). He'd already figured out what you were up to simply by reading your own posts on here! So he plays along and you don't get what you want (although in the mean time you managed to reverse the files anyway... yeah of course you did) so then you try and rip apart his entire character and abilities.

What exactly did you achieve by doing that? The only thing you're doing is stroking your own egos and nothing more. Not one single person is going to say "Oh this server is run by Dark. Apparently he's rubbish so I'm not going to play there" but conversely you'll find that more and more people are lining up to avoid you. Not just that but the list of enemies you're making won't be healthy for your server either.

You know what's ironic? This isn't down to me flinging poo or trying to turn people against you, you're doing it all yourself.

Remind me how things are in your "professional" world? Looks like I was right when I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Just because the content will be "professional" doesn't mean the people have to be
Keep up the professional work guys!
Thanks
1 User
Old   #60

You're all children, if not in age then in behaviour. You all fap to yourselves whilst trying to outdo each other on your servers, the drama amongst you guys is ridiculous.