Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 15:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Request] Video lesson about setting up a local Rohan server

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
At least try to set the **** thing up following all the guides and posts over the internet explaining how.
THEN come and ask specific questions as to specific problems not just asking for a complete tutorial.

Old   #17

elite*gold: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrFighter View Post
if you dont want help just dont reply him back he asked for help if you cant/or dont want help dont reply back you or anyone else...
Not to bash anyone.. But i do agree with what this guy has to say..

If you're not going to help... Just ignore it.

I have no idea how to do what that kid wants, so i didn't respond. Just ****** up humanity..

Someone asks for help and everyone is like.. **** YOU ITS EASY **** YOU...

THE **** is the point of saying that ??

You can do it, congrats, your a dev congrats... No one really give a flying **** because someone asks for help.. and instead of helping... you tell him he's an idiot or indo or whatever...

People who are so ignorant and aggressive toward others because they know more should really just gtfo..

Sorry Whisker that no one wants to help you.. if i knew what you were trying to do and had the time, i would help you ^_^

*thumps up*
Good luck with u man..

Thanks
1 User
Old   #18

He was helped. Get off your high horse and actually take the time to read the posts before going off on your little rant.
Old   #19

elite*gold: 110
yes sir..
sorry sir..

I'll go back in my cave now :-D

LOL

Old   #20

i love you all guys
Old   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
Why on earth would anyone want to share their knowledge with you or anyone else? Sharing is not fun, trust me. Not to mention that the files aren't that complex.

Here's a quick example of why people don't share. 99% of the servers out there still use the exact RohanAuth i made abt 2 yrs ago. However i'm the bad guy around this place.

So, tell me ... why should i share anything? So people could take it, use it, make money out of it, destroy the scene in the process and at the end call me money hungry?

Tell you what. The scene has only one developer and that's Yurneroo. The rest are glorified developers. You know what glorified developers are? Script kiddies. And everybody hates them.
Lies people love me. Im a jokerboy everyone loves me.The only people that hate me are the one's that know i know how to do something they know.
Old   #22

Stop offend people about their english is stupid... maybe!we cant afford pay learn appropriate or we dont have time for that
Old   #23

The smart thing to do then is get someone who does know English to translate the instructions for you.

The stupid thing to do is expect someone to go thru the huge amount of time and effort needed to make a video on how to set up a Rohan server when the information to do it is already available.

If you do not want to take the time to learn or bear the cost of getting the needed skills to do this, go find something else to do that you don't have to learn or pay for.

If you are offended by that, deal with it.
Old   #24

Hate, gotta love it.
Anyways.

Req, I think your a bit wrong, There are a lot of script kiddies but, Yurn is not the only developer.

Since DG iv learned a lot in c#, c++ and re.
Though Yurn knows more about c#, c++ than me that does not make him the only developer though he can do any thing I can probably.

That does not make me not a developer along with others in the community.
There are different kinds of devs, Web, Application, Server development (Bin editing,World Editing)

Yurn thinks he knows more than any one else in the entire rohan community.
Fact is he doesn't.
He knows about server files, models, Bins, world and c#, c++.

I know about Bins, world, server files, Client, Ui files, c#, c++, and almost understand the models completely.
I have already got the proper structures for all the models just need to be able to import them in to 3ds max or blender.

I could easily say I know the most about the rohan server files and client in the community but fact is I may not.

There is no real way to judge this.

I am not a script kiddie and that goes for me, and any one else with the proper knowledge to understand rohan and its files on there own with out others work.
So please don't go saying there is only one developer in the community please.

Thats very disrespectful to all the other developers in the community.

I ask you to rethink your statement and I do not mean this post to be offensive in any way and hope you do not take it that way.

Also a good and proper definition of Script Kiddies are people who can not do any thing on there own but can understand enough to make minor edits to others work.

That would be the correct definition for a non malicious one.
The correct wording for a Malicious one would be here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_kiddie

Any ways I think this would be a more proper definition of a Script Kiddie.
Although script kiddie's does make up 99% of the rohan community but there are a few of us who can be considered developers.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #25

Dark, you're using the word developer loosely and i don't like that.
You might've noticed that i didn't include myself in the developers group.

By all means, share some of your work and prove to us that you're a developer. No bro, you're not a developer, you're a modder.

And even if you might call yourself a developer, you're an inexperienced one. Trust me, you don't have the mindset to be a good developer. I've seen your work with the PvP System on dRohan.

Now, don't ever try to make me answer to you directly because i won't be as nice as i am now. After "leeching" ( loosely used but applicable ) me from the start and moving your way up in the Rohan scene you ditched me. Twice.

If you want to help this poor guys here be my guest, but i'm sick and tired of people using what i do and after that forgetting that it was me who helped them up, not others.
Old   #26

*Pulls out ***** and looks at it*

Yep there it is "Developer" tattooed along the side of it in big, bold letters ....

Does that count?

Dark, Req, there are lots of different developers out there. Don't assume that knowledge of Rohan servers, or even being able to code a game server from scratch is what defines a developer.

It isn't by a very long shot and you both know that -- even Yurn knows that as well.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #27

A developer can mean many things. What I see being mistaken is only associating a developer as someone who is a coder.

There are many people who have developed all kinds of things for Rohan. As such I regard all of those as developers.
Old   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
Now, don't ever try to make me answer to you directly because i won't be as nice as i am now. After "leeching" ( loosely used but applicable ) me from the start and moving your way up in the Rohan scene you ditched me. Twice.

If you want to help this poor guys here be my guest, but i'm sick and tired of people using what i do and after that forgetting that it was me who helped them up, not others.
Wow much drama, such betrayal......

Lik dis if yo cri evritiem.
Old   #29

Soap opera no longer needed ~
Old   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisker15 View Post
Wow much drama, such betrayal......

Lik dis if yo cri evritiem.
If you're gonna do something,do it right.

such drama
much betrayal
wow

and yes, i cry every time.

Oh yes, the developer thingy.
Nowdays everybody is a developer. C'mon, lets be serious, if everybody is a developer then nobody is a developer. Simple as that.

If you stare enough at the word you'll notice something weird. It refers to people who develop ... stuff. When it comes to programming, developing in my own view is similar to being an architect. I talked about the mindset and i told you that you don't have the necessary mindset judging from your code and i'll get back to the topic soon, just need to explain something first.

Now, the real beauty of something created by an architect comes from the elegance of the final product. From the eye candy to the ease of use.

There are tree persons and one company i would like to highlight here.

There's you, Dark, who write raw code with no elegance. You just barge though all the checks, hardcode them and maybe pray you'll never have to extend that code in the future. It's messy and ugly, but that's expected from a beginner. However, when you were coding i was there to help you and not even once made me think that you may be a developer at some point.

There's me, who always tries to generalize my code up to the point that it becomes so complicated and hard to understand that i find it easier to recode it rather than upgrading the code. Nothing more to say here.

There's Yurneroo, who loooooves delegates. I swear to god that if delegates could materialize he would marry them. All of them. However, let's not forget that he actually coded the mapserver from scratch, and from what i've seen from his work he does tend to be a bit ... arrogant in his code too ^^. Don't hate Yurn, you know it's true.

Aaaand there's YNK, who made a mess out of everything they could get their hands to. Honestly, the database is a mess, written by a bunch of average coders who had no taste for elegance or at least proper indentation ( in some areas ).

To sum things up, a developer is a person with experience who can actually take something from scratch and do it better than it's predecessors, both for the users and fellow programmers.
Tell me now, who's a developer around here?

Do you think that just because you know some things about the game makes you a developer? Or that if you made a PvP Points system you're one of the pro guys now?

Cmon, a developer thinks large systems, a programmer thinks his own little area and a script kiddie steals from them.