Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 11:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Requesting some aid, and some ideas

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Requesting some aid, and some ideas

As a few of you may know, I'm keen to get in on the p.server scene, I was recently working with someone on this, however he went MIA and I've since endeavoured to go it alone for a bit.

I am requesting someone who has the server files to PM me and organize a way to get them to me, I want to set up my own local server so I can dive into the world of rohan modding :P My previous partner had them and was going to do all the server side stuff himself, which was fine with me I'm more of a planning and development guy, however I have discovered relying on other people is often a **** idea to put it bluntly >.<

Anyways a bit about me and my intentions before people dismiss me. I'm Australian, 35 years old, and have studied various programming languages at college (although admittedly I'm rusty on C especially) and I've also studied multimedia and game development. I've been around a fair bit, played various rohan servers since global, been a graphics editor and contributor to various fan games that are around (I'm a decent spriter as well)

Like I said I just want a local test server so I can start to learn what's involved, if that leads to a private server down the track, it won't be for quite some time.

So if anyone can hook me up with what I need, I'll be greatly in your debt

Old   #2

Well, it's simple to get the files. Just do a search here or on ********.

For starters i would suggest you find the VM ( which contains the lvl 99 cap mapserver ) and try to get a hang of what's in there. Once you understand how things move around in the VM you won't have any problem setting up your own server ( lvl 99 or lvl 110 ).

If you're lucky enough you can get a hold of the pdb files. Just load them up in IDA and you'll have a great time looking at the source code.

To be honest, i think that the forums contain everything you need in order to start.
Feel free to PM me if you have any kind of questions, but keep in mind that i'll only give pointers to solutions.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
Well, it's simple to get the files. Just do a search here or on ********.
I did that a few times, most of the links are a goner by now, they do get removed rather quickly, I'll try the other place.. see if I get lucky.

Quote:
For starters i would suggest you find the VM ( which contains the lvl 99 cap mapserver ) and try to get a hang of what's in there. Once you understand how things move around in the VM you won't have any problem setting up your own server ( lvl 99 or lvl 110 ).
Thanks for the tip, I'll do exactly what you suggest

Quote:
If you're lucky enough you can get a hold of the pdb files. Just load them up in IDA and you'll have a great time looking at the source code.

To be honest, i think that the forums contain everything you need in order to start.
Feel free to PM me if you have any kind of questions, but keep in mind that i'll only give pointers to solutions.
Thanks again, just need to get my hands dirty with it first, see what I'm dealing with exactly, then I'm sure I'll be after pointers