Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 06:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rohan Revolutions Q&A Session

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Rohan Revolutions Q&A Session

Although there is a separate "Coming Soon" thread for Rohan Revolutions, I do think a separate Q&A (question and answer) thread is still ok due to the nature of our server. I don't think the existing thread would be suitable to accommodate it.

The rules are as follows:
  • Ask only 1 question per post and account. This means...
  • You may not ask another question until the previous question you have posted has been answered.
  • Please don't post ripostes to a question that has been answered. If you have any issues about our reply, please post it as another question or direct it to the general thread.
  • Keep it clean and tidy and within the epvp rules.
  • Any flames and more simpler queries can be directed to the "Coming Soon" thread here

Answers may not reflect how the server will be when it goes live due to ongoing changes that are being made however we will still answer honestly to every question given, even if it is a "we don't know at this time" answer.

Fire away with your questions people. The first batch of answers will be dished out in about 10-12 hours.

Old   #2

Oh! Oh! I'll Start!

Will evolved dekans be able to fart?

O wait. I'm not allowed to as questions. nvm...

Old   #3

How bad will temps be nerfed? Or will they change roles entirely? Just asking since temps been always my favorite char :P
Old   #4

Templar's will be Nerfed pretty good, though i do not know how much yet. The actual dev's for the server will know the specific's.
I know for sure they will not be the "Power house *** killers" that everyone loves!!

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
Oh! Oh! I'll Start!

Will evolved dekans be able to fart?

O wait. I'm not allowed to as questions. nvm...
No but I'll make sure they shit rainbows during evolve just for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenxis View Post
How bad will temps be nerfed? Or will they change roles entirely? Just asking since temps been always my favorite char :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle Juice View Post
Templar's will be Nerfed pretty good, though i do not know how much yet. The actual dev's for the server will know the specific's.
I know for sure they will not be the "Power house god killers" that everyone loves!!
Very very good and relevant question. Now I'm going to be honest and say the outcome for templars hasn't been fully decided however the consensus is they will take a massive hit to their damage output regardless of how we decide it's done.

At the moment we're split 3 ways: blunt mastery melee becomes inflated, the blunt mastery conversion can no longer be increased by melee attack and intelligence should no longer be a multiplier for blunt mastery.

Obviously there's a lot in there that most players won't really be able to understand or even get their head around but my own personal stance on the matter (which I'm steadfast on) is that templars should not get a bonus from melee and magic %, in other words the double dipping which has dragged this class back to the 10th century of gaming.

While not everyone agreed with my way of changing things, we were all united in the damage output templars should have so at least there's some common ground we (the developers) can agree on.

No matter how high or low templars hit, I personally think that they should never have access to 2 attack multipliers when every other class only has 1. That's just how I feel myself though.

In the end, we've made tentative agreements on how to proceed but the actual output of templars will always be the same no matter how it's decided they get there. As a rough figure they may be hitting around 20% more per hit than a guardian in the exact same endgame gear but there is a good chance they might hit less than that. They will definitely become a very important member for party pvp whilst not dealing great damage - in the end the team with the templar still wins but it wasn't the templar that steam rollered the group!

I know that's kind of vague but it does encompass an awful lot with templars being such a critical class.
Old   #6

I have 3 questions:

a. Is there any plans for Str DK/DS. I mean would be great if they can use elemental skill on evolve. Hence they don't have one massive DMG dealing skill (Like Fixation for defender, and CS+OS for Guardian etc). They completely depend on there normal hit dmg and some extra crit dmg (with low crit chance). Also any changes to sepa?

b. What Ideas you implying end game boss, how u planning that only one guild/party wont be able to take over the bosses in game like every other server. While temps are nerfed, how hard it will be to kill a boss. Any specific drop stats u can share on boss drops??

c. How easy will be portal, Job Changes. Is website needed to TP some specific areas/Job change??
Old   #7

OH OH LET ME ASK THE DUMBEST QUESTION PLEASE !! Oke here it goes ....
When the server is going to be on?
Old   #8

a) Str Dekans are acctually fine the way they are. It fully depends on the way you play them. Yes they don't have a spike but fast shadow which is absolutely deadly against any class, even vit classes, when combined with a max melee crit dagger. Evolved Dekans won't be ble to use elementals seeing the fact of sudden death being their exchange for an elemental.
Sepa Dekans will get considerably stronger. Especially with the changes we make to stat distributions and base stats on weapons and armors. They will aswell receive skill changes and boosts.

b) Boss respawns won't bbs fixed but dynamic. There AI will be much more aggro. You will need grouls to acctually kill them like back in the starting days. No one temp kill whack whack faggery. No comments on bossdrops yet.

c) Everything will be available right in-game. we will step away from website services as far as we can. Changing your job just means talking to the respective npc. It will be instant.
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuckers View Post
OH OH LET ME ASK THE DUMBEST QUESTION PLEASE !! Oke here it goes ....
When the server is going to be on?
We are targeting end of Sept to start CB, but don't hold us to that. A lot of **** can happen in a month and there is a good chance that will slip. There are a bazillion little details that MUST be in place before we can open membership.
Old   #10

What about Elemental Dungeons, Upper & Lower and Extra Maps (Like Theme Park). If elemental dungeon exist, would its drop will be same as before or will it be changed???
Old   #11

Bettlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice...................

Why he not appearing ^_^

PS Req why you change, or just a dickrider ?
Old   #12

I didnt read anywhere so i want to ask here fast.

- When the server will be on and will be a full client there? Or if there is no full client which client should we use.
Old   #13

Cause I was sleeping I did not hear you call ^_^

The client will be provided of course and like previous post said trying for a CBT date end of this month but don't hold your breath!
Old   #14

Are you going to fix bugs with bosses like zeit that can e.g. kill you without any recorded
damage?
Old   #15

Rohan Revolutions, like any other server out there does not come complete with source code. While there are a lot of things we can do without that, there are some things that are too tightly entwined in the game engine used in the classic rohan server structure.

That is one of them. Much of the collision issues and damage logging are very much driven by the custom geomind game engine (which btw leaves a LOT to be desired).

The only way around things like that is to base the game on a totally different game engine. Doing that requires a full rewrite of the game. That is not something we are prepared to release or even alpha test at this early stage.

Rohan Revolutions is based on the classic rohan geomind game engine so any game engine-related issues will still be there. Rohan Revo is our stepping stone to the big top secret version that I have already said too much about.