Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 06:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rohan Revolutions Q&A Session

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoOne View Post
Bettlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice...................

Why he not appearing ^_^

PS Req why you change, or just a dickrider ?
Beetle Juice is sandman. ^^

Old   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipapun View Post
What about Elemental Dungeons, Upper & Lower and Extra Maps (Like Theme Park). If elemental dungeon exist, would its drop will be same as before or will it be changed???
At this moment the elemental dungeon will be present but with different rewards (still in the planning stage).

At the moment we don't plan to include Upper/Lower as we don't think it offers players a very good playing experience. Current areas on the world map and some other dungeons will have different level ranges to encourage players to explore and find new spots... along with many of the new mini bosses that'll be dotted around.

The Theme Park probably won't be included from the start but we will more than likely include it at some point, perhaps as an event for 1 day every month for players to win exclusive timed items.

Old   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
Rohan Revolutions, like any other server out there does not come complete with source code. While there are a lot of things we can do without that, there are some things that are too tightly entwined in the game engine used in the classic rohan server structure.

That is one of them. Much of the collision issues and damage logging are very much driven by the custom geomind game engine (which btw leaves a LOT to be desired).

The only way around things like that is to base the game on a totally different game engine. Doing that requires a full rewrite of the game. That is not something we are prepared to release or even alpha test at this early stage.

Rohan Revolutions is based on the classic rohan geomind game engine so any game engine-related issues will still be there. Rohan Revo is our stepping stone to the big top secret version that I have already said too much about.
Well, didn't expect any different answer I can already imagine the annoyance it will take to kill these bosses, in rohan there's no real way to tank a boss if you aren't the guy doing the most damage, taunts hardly work on anything, and you can't keep aggro while perma stunned until inevitable death
Old   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
Well, didn't expect any different answer I can already imagine the annoyance it will take to kill these bosses, in rohan there's no real way to tank a boss if you aren't the guy doing the most damage, taunts hardly work on anything, and you can't keep aggro while perma stunned until inevitable death
We're just as frustrated as you about these things Stupid game engine!

Old   #20

I want dekans nerfed like that:
epvpImg: *burp*, images are delicious.
P.S: This is from my Test Server. I was thinking about lowering the damage but making vit dekans more viable as a TANK class(Dragon's Deffence - just testing) with lower damage output. For example on the Tests i was running a dk with 62k hp (with normal old school rohan items) was hitting ~1.8-2k ffs and 4k dffs (i am planning to make dffs 25 sec cd and ffs 15 sec).
Was testing on a Str/Vit build Human (bruiser type with balanced damage and tankiness)
with ~21k hp.
Old   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
Are you going to fix bugs with bosses like zeit that can e.g. kill you without any recorded
damage?
The only thing Ive seen done to thwart this was to change the boss models used and my opinion ( prove me right someone !!! ) is that when the mob/boss is too large to fit onto your screen fully it can cause issues with lag hence the death with no damage logs/multiple damages from same skill.
Old   #22

Quote:
The only thing Ive seen done to thwart this was to change the boss models used and my opinion ( prove me right someone !!! ) is that when the mob/boss is too large to fit onto your screen fully it can cause issues with lag hence the death with no damage logs/multiple damages from same skill.
You know that's a really good theory and well worth testing out.
Old   #23

I'm full of interesting things such as this.
Old   #24

Quote:

Firsth Problem: video acceleration.
Currently it is difficult to find a GAMER using Onboard-video.
All textures are already in the client ... Then the problem is your computer.

Another problem!
90% of the servers nobody does a simple calculation of network.
That is to analyze how much 1 player consumes resources (Download/Traffic).
Once this is done, it is esteemed a X number of players. time to hire a larger or smaller servidor.
-My experience with servers is great, the best way to succeed in your server having a planning.
Especially those issues. Anything worth having IM cute layout, have good settings in the game and the game keeps crashing/lag.
Old   #25

BTW Did you guys work on maximizing the game-play FPS (like Korean Rohan). Its un-believably smooth and give awesome game-play experience. I think that's client side and I know that can be optimized.
Old   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipapun View Post
BTW Did you guys work on maximizing the game-play FPS (like Korean Rohan). Its un-believably smooth and give awesome game-play experience. I think that's client side and I know that can be optimized.
Yep it is and I think we'll be launching at 30fps to start with. If we can optimise the models and drawcalls (which we have the capability of doing) we'll look at raising it to 60fps.

For now though 60fps just doesn't stay at 60fps for long enough to make it worthwhile for players to enjoy it properly.

You'll be surprised at the difference between 20 and 30fps though. It's a huge improvement.

I'm sure everyone would like to play with the silky smooth animations of the bottom clip

No point in uploading 60fps to Youtube as it drops it down to 30fps anyway.
Old   #27

Is that a plug for the Obsidian gear?
Old   #28

Nah people have seen it 100 times already.
Old   #29

I can't see any difference.
Old   #30

Yeah. I think I missed something too. Both look equally fine to me for smoothness.