Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 04:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

> Rohan PServer Ask & Answer Thread <

Discussion on > Rohan PServer Ask & Answer Thread < within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 09/23/2014, 23:27   #151

elite*gold: 110
Hey so just throwing a random question out there..
I know your not supposed to advertise, but are there any new Rohan Pservers coming up anytime soon with..
lvl 99 cap
low xp
medium crone
low drop rate and 95% + Forge rates.

Magic Shop - yes

Preferably no Hero, no chimera, no iRohan stuff..

Talagath / IP Farm sure.

20% Max scrolls (melee, magic, ranged)
50% Max meele/ranged/magic ( Weapon stats )
Dual stat Max (eg: no 50% melee, 50% magic, 50% hp ) (eg: 50% melee, 50% magic. but obviously that's extremely rare )

And daily boss spawns with 10 - 20% drop rate ?

Max crafting 51's after that its 0% success

Max armor Tier 5 ( No Glacial )
Max Weapon Tier 5 ( No Glacial )

Starter items
15 all stats - 20 allstats.. no need for attk or defense or hp.
lvl 1 perma monkey, does not level up
3 30 slot bags
maybe a couple ses and Ases just to start 5 would be enough

old tsb costume and set up with any number of members entering tsb.

Basically old school rohan.. Like hardcore old school with a couple perks :-D

Got a huge community playing random games until 1 meeting those requirements pop up.

Much love to the community, fairly new to this forum.. Loving it so far. Love some of the trolls, make me laugh lol xD

I check this forum every couple hours ^_^

Oh and active dev's / gm's

10% scrolls in-game through Talagath / Vote points

20% scrolls in Donation store.

Y'all get the idea :-D
Old 09/28/2014, 10:05   #152

elite*gold: 0
[ask] how to edit townshipbattle time ?
tnx
Old 09/28/2014, 13:25   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by achanation View Post
[ask] how to edit townshipbattle time ?
tnx
[answer]change server clock time zone.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/28/2014, 17:12   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
[answer]change server clock time zone.
Tnx Banana Bandit
Old 10/02/2014, 09:20   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful
Hey so just throwing a random question out there..
I know your not supposed to advertise, but are there any new Rohan Pservers coming up anytime soon with..
lvl 99 cap
low xp
medium crone
low drop rate and 95% + Forge rates.

Magic Shop - yes

Preferably no Hero, no chimera, no iRohan stuff..

Talagath / IP Farm sure.

20% Max scrolls (melee, magic, ranged)
50% Max meele/ranged/magic ( Weapon stats )
Dual stat Max (eg: no 50% melee, 50% magic, 50% hp ) (eg: 50% melee, 50% magic. but obviously that's extremely rare )

And daily boss spawns with 10 - 20% drop rate ?

Max crafting 51's after that its 0% success

Max armor Tier 5 ( No Glacial )
Max Weapon Tier 5 ( No Glacial )

Starter items
15 all stats - 20 allstats.. no need for attk or defense or hp.
lvl 1 perma monkey, does not level up
3 30 slot bags
maybe a couple ses and Ases just to start 5 would be enough

old tsb costume and set up with any number of members entering tsb.

Basically old school rohan.. Like hardcore old school with a couple perks :-D

Got a huge community playing random games until 1 meeting those requirements pop up.

Much love to the community, fairly new to this forum.. Loving it so far. Love some of the trolls, make me laugh lol xD

I check this forum every couple hours ^_^

Oh and active dev's / gm's

10% scrolls in-game through Talagath / Vote points

20% scrolls in Donation store.

Y'all get the idea :-D
I'm currently in the early planning stages and this kinda sounds like what I'm aiming for. May be some time before anything eventuates though, people are very, very guarded of the files

EDIT: Currently looking to negotiate costs with someone experienced in the files to help put this together
Old 10/03/2014, 02:31   #156

Same Revolution Rohan server

Or a completely new server ?
Old 10/03/2014, 06:32   #157

New server, I've played on pretty much every server since iRohan, but much like you, nothing has met my requirements really. I think there's a call for old school, as well as a little new splashed in, just takes time to put the technical stuff together, but creatively things are coming together.
Old 10/03/2014, 15:13   #158

Well, i have everything u need, even more, but i need someone to tell me, how to set up old tsb, that's the hardest thing, cuz i have towers spawned, but i can't see them, also MAP serv from xor worked just once, then bugged. Anyone knows how to change old champion effect?(changed itemcostume.bin, effect folder from model and still isn't working).
Old 10/03/2014, 15:58   #159

I'd be reluctant to implement the old TSB these days, due to lesser numbers of competetive guilds that will appear on a private server. there's just no need for the 'larger' TSB style. I do think TSB needs a change up though, it's remained fairly stagnant for a long time. P.Servers have a much smaller user base than a global commercial game at the height of its popularity, so TSB needs to be altered to reflect that, imo of course
Old 10/03/2014, 22:54   #160

If you guys can come together to create a working sustainable server with those requirements..

I can prolly pull about 100 + people to it..

Lots of people looking for old school, no hero, 99 cap, etc, etc

If you want suggestions to what they would be interested in.. Let me know xD

I can always give u a more detailed list.
Old 10/04/2014, 06:03   #161

The main thing I see that needs balancing in regards to PvP in general is making all stats stuff either very rare or non existant. No class should be able to hit hard AND take a beating for example. Therefore having VIT on an accessory as well as your primary stat should be a no go.

Same goes for DEX, Agi dhans need to become decently hard to hit again. So I'd be making all my accessories (boss drops etc) one primary stat, and one lower, secondary stat, that doesn't help much (like a temp ring would be 80 INT - 50 PSY - 100 Magic Attack.. but no vit)

Most P.Servers I've played on have some form of all stat stuff, or at least VIT on every accessory, which makes templars hit 10k plus AND reach 60k HP. Or dhans with insane damage and 60k HP.

On the same theme, dual stat weapons is another thing I'd be considering looking at too.

Just some of my thoughts.
Old 10/04/2014, 23:53   #162

I strongly believe that all boss drops should have either Magic, Melee or ranged..

No boss drop should ever have attack force, not sure if u agree there, but we all know attack force for templars is a ridiculous multiplier. lol

Rings shouldn't exceed 50 stats per ring..
Keep hp and damage low.. u got a super populated server..

No one gets 1 shot and no one can QQ on any forums lol
Old 10/05/2014, 05:41   #163

Yeah I agree on the first point. There are enough bosses in the game to give 2 drops for each primary 'common build', one minor and one major.

Templar damage will always outdo everything else just because of the messed up way Blunt Mastery is coded (with the whole doubling twice thing) rather than do what everyone else does and try to 'fix' that problem (truly even if you nerf damage overall temps will still hit harder than anyone else) it's best to work with it and nerf it in other ways.

There are a few ways people have tried to nerf temps. the most obvious is nerfing blunt mastery, and while that may work, the game becomes very stagnant if temps are hitting TOO low, especially against bosses.

The other ways include nerfing chrono, and reflect, nerfing accessories to get rid of attack force, and having no all stats accessories or talismans. A combination of these methods seems to work best. The most balanced server I've played had little to no all stat talismans (only a gold trophy I believe) no insurgents, and no attack force on rings. Coupled with a small nerf to chrono so that you couldn't triple reflect, and a nerf to erase as well, seemed to work very well.
Old 10/05/2014, 13:01   #164

For a long time i've been trying to write a command, that will use values from other db and use it to another db. It looks like :

DECLARE @a integer = 186475
declare @i integer
SELECT @i =(user_id) FROM dbo.TCharacter
SET @a = @i - 186475

while (@a<@i)
BEGIN
insert into RohanMall .dbo. Titem(type,attr,stack,rank,equip_level,equip_stren gth,equip_dexterity,equip_intelligence,user_id,dat e)
values(4390973,0x00,1,0,0,0,0,0,@a,getdate())

SET @a = @i + 1
END

The problem is, that it uses only the last id, not all of them.

Can someone help me make it to use only selected values and put them into insert command?
Old 10/05/2014, 13:39   #165

Code:
while (@a<@i)
Code:
SET @a = @i + 1
Pick a piece of paper and see how many times that piece of code gets executed.

That code you just wrote is a piece of ... well, lets see if i understand things correctly

First you save the user_id. Since you don't have any kind of clauses there, the @i will eventually have the value of the last created character.

After that you subtract 186475 and save the result. ( For some reason that doesn't make any sense to me )

Now, onto the loop. Your loop will only loop once and it will give an item to

I give up.