Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz
You last visited: Today at 10:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

client side development

Discussion on client side development within the Rappelz forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
client side development

ok, so we got peopl who are working away at the server side, but do we have any ways to unpack the files/open them up fix client side bugs like description errors, or empty strings?
Old 05/13/2011, 09:28   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside4125 View Post
ok, so we got peopl who are working away at the server side, but do we have any ways to unpack the files/open them up fix client side bugs like description errors, or empty strings?
well its not that simple
this game is 99.9% server side

so the empty strings are db and script files,map files not to mention all the resource parts have to be in the client side and serverside folders
or it doesnt sync up
Old 05/13/2011, 21:41   #3

as Pyrok mentioned on another forum. He is trying to get the db info from the client by memory dumps. So they'll be able to find the missing dbs, also possibly get epic 7 working.
Old 05/14/2011, 05:18   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmbasi View Post
as Pyrok mentioned on another forum. He is trying to get the db info from the client by memory dumps. So they'll be able to find the missing dbs, also possibly get epic 7 working.
Just a small correction, we have the db info that is in the client. Epic 7 is a long ways down the road, need to get 6.2 fully working first.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/14/2011, 08:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrok View Post
Just a small correction, we have the db info that is in the client. Epic 7 is a long ways down the road, need to get 6.2 fully working first.
i knew that was coming :P be sometime before e7 is even concidered hell even when it is im hoping when e7p2 becomes a reality im not the onlyone who wants to work on a client reversal i love the content hate the dam new gui
that and the lack of people is 2 factors why i quit rappelz
speaking of which harmbasi 1 of the main things we dont have at least ive never seen any in game is dura and thats in the db partially *in the sense u can import it to a char from db but it comes off as a timed expired item or is broken strings* but not fully implimented in world thats 12% of the content right there
so like i said it will be sometime
Old 05/16/2011, 13:19   #6

elite*gold: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmbasi View Post
Which Forum? Or is there another Dev Side for the rappelz server?
Old 05/17/2011, 01:00   #7

its a dev forum thats private so theres no spam
Old 05/17/2011, 02:57   #8

how can i get access to the site im not the best at deving rappelz but id love to try my hardest to help
Old 05/17/2011, 13:46   #9

private invite only, im guessing if your helpful and actually contribute to the devolpment they will prob invite you.
Old 05/17/2011, 14:06   #10

elite*gold: 65
Ok no problem I can understand it
But where do I get the Newest Updates?
Old 05/17/2011, 16:14   #11

when theres major updates they will be posted here.
all thats on there is a few tweaks and stuff and ya invite only
Old 05/18/2011, 07:04   #12

wisp could i get a invite im kinda new at deving but ive deved other games, and i would like to learn more and help more
Old 05/21/2011, 14:39   #13

Rappelz is not so server sided as many people believe...

I tried to add a new item to the game by simply duplicating it and then change some of its stats...

So I picked an unused item code and added a new line to Arcadia.ItemResource for it. Then I called #insert_item(...) and got a new item in my inventory. But it showed up as empty string with completely transparent icon. My Rappelz client does not know this item ID, but in the server database, I assigned an icon. I tried some other item code (lower) which I believed to be free... and my item which should be a soul stone appeared as a an empty petcard (I just found out the ID for the unicorn petcard).

Why are there icon assignments in the server database... the clients ignore it...
Why are there strings in Arcadia database, they never go out to the clients... I just don't understand it.

The client data.*** files are mostly unencrypted, except data.000 which has multi-stage encryption (first one is XOR which is easy...). The directory tables and localized strings must be in there. Did anyone conentrate on data.000 yet?