Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE] Redemption Repack EN (9.4)

Discussion on [RELEASE] Redemption Repack EN (9.4) within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 09/07/2018, 09:53   #46

elite*gold: 0
Thanx for the hint.
Solved using an older pricelessaurora.exe
Unfortunately I have married quite a russian philosophy relying on the old, good, industructable, very very reliable technologies
Old 09/08/2018, 01:54   #47

A reply from a very old member...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkDevil View Post
I had a big list of fixes, including more than listed in this thread here.
It was up for more than 7 months...
If ppl would just have taken a look on it, they'd have the fix for that already...
But I see, people are even too f*cking lazy to do some more things by themselves.

Smoke has a backup of my thread, maybe he'll add that fix later xD

Oh and btw @ :
- i have no idea what you have done additionally on decomposing, since my posted fix included already everything, and originally most of that decompose-fix-query (I used then) was by @
- just as a comment, the decomposing of r1 and r2 equipment (nondura) was removed because people just bought those lowrank-nondura-items and decomposed these items to get powers...so it was no "bug"

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad about that some1 posted a synchronized db&client for starting developers with creating-rdb-problems, but everything else here is more...well...kind of sad to see how lazy this com has gotten to even do a bit on their own.
With respect...Having worked two (sometimes three) jobs at one time most of my life to take care of my son, I would like to consider myself as far removed from "lazy" as possible. I use to be a builder, a demolition supervisor, a carpenter...in short....I was always working with my hands. I am not the smartest guy when it comes to working with computers and files and such. My son got me into Rappelz....it was one way we connected. He got older and his hobbies changed....(which is as it should be). But, I still played Rappelz. With a ton of help from various people within this very forum, I managed to get a 9.1 server running..(it's buggy...and glitchy...but I can still play on it).
If you please Sir...(and again..with the humblest of respect) if you could keep in mind that a lack of know-how does not mean "lazy". It took a LOT of questions and answers and struggling for me to get the 9.1 going...(and I am quite sure many people got a bit frustrated with me asking for help quite often (and again to those wonderful people..."I truly do appreciate all the assistance and I am sorry for all the headaches I may have caused.").
So, this is me....wanting to tackle an upgrade to a 9.4....but I do knot know where to start with these files.
I understand the developer(s) will not write a guide (as per mentioned)...so...could someone else do it? It's not me being lazy....it's simply a matter of not knowing what to do.
They say "you can't teach an old dog new tricks".....but I think that would rest upon the determination and resolve of the dog in question.
Thank you for your time, your patience, and your understanding. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and from all over the globe....the people here in ElitePvpers that take the time to bring the people these files...the people of community that help others...they are heroes to me.

With greatest of respect,
Azreil.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/08/2018, 02:26   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreil View Post
With respect...Having worked two (sometimes three) jobs at one time most of my life to take care of my son, I would like to consider myself as far removed from "lazy" as possible. I use to be a builder, a demolition supervisor, a carpenter...in short....I was always working with my hands. I am not the smartest guy when it comes to working with computers and files and such. My son got me into Rappelz....it was one way we connected. He got older and his hobbies changed....(which is as it should be). But, I still played Rappelz. With a ton of help from various people within this very forum, I managed to get a 9.1 server running..(it's buggy...and glitchy...but I can still play on it).
If you please Sir...(and again..with the humblest of respect) if you could keep in mind that a lack of know-how does not mean "lazy". It took a LOT of questions and answers and struggling for me to get the 9.1 going...(and I am quite sure many people got a bit frustrated with me asking for help quite often (and again to those wonderful people..."I truly do appreciate all the assistance and I am sorry for all the headaches I may have caused.").
So, this is me....wanting to tackle an upgrade to a 9.4....but I do knot know where to start with these files.
I understand the developer(s) will not write a guide (as per mentioned)...so...could someone else do it? It's not me being lazy....it's simply a matter of not knowing what to do.
They say "you can't teach an old dog new tricks".....but I think that would rest upon the determination and resolve of the dog in question.
Thank you for your time, your patience, and your understanding. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and from all over the globe....the people here in ElitePvpers that take the time to bring the people these files...the people of community that help others...they are heroes to me.

With greatest of respect,
Azreil.
what a lovely story, im sorry im not in the mood to write alot.
but its okay from my side if you ask the same question 10 times, although i won't reply to them all xd.
so as the situation here in epvp, you can post your problem and pray someone would answer. in case you haven't looked at my guide please do and follow the steps to setup 9.4, they have proven to be the most stable and almost error free if done correctly.
im also always online on my discord if you want a quick question and im there in the right time.
*hint* developing rappelz or getting into developing stuff for the first time takes a lot of dedication and determination just like you said, it can be frustating so just give it time ♥.
Old 09/08/2018, 19:38   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefear511 View Post
what a lovely story, im sorry im not in the mood to write alot.
but its okay from my side if you ask the same question 10 times, although i won't reply to them all xd.
so as the situation here in epvp, you can post your problem and pray someone would answer. in case you haven't looked at my guide please do and follow the steps to setup 9.4, they have proven to be the most stable and almost error free if done correctly.
im also always online on my discord if you want a quick question and im there in the right time.
*hint* developing rappelz or getting into developing stuff for the first time takes a lot of dedication and determination just like you said, it can be frustating so just give it time ♥.

Thank you for your reply and advice. While the guide you linked is very well written and highly informative, I am struggling with it and how it connects to the above files. An example is: the guide says to restore the databases...but the above files....are not in database format. *I mean...do I create an empty database and "add table" the sql entries....or do I delete the existing Arcadia and replace it all-together?" Another example is: The guide says to restore Telecaster....but the files have no Telecaster. There is no mention of new map in the guide. I do not expect an answer for any of the above questions...I am merely pointing out some basic struggles a non-super genius (like me) may/may not have.

Kindest regards and respect,
Azreil
Old 09/08/2018, 19:45   #50

Quote:
Thank you for your reply and advice. While the guide you linked is very well written and highly informative, I am struggling with it and how it connects to the above files. An example is: the guide says to restore the databases...but the above files....are not in database format. *I mean...do I create an empty database and "add table" the sql entries....or do I delete the existing Arcadia and replace it all-together?" Another example is: The guide says to restore Telecaster....but the files have no Telecaster. There is no mention of new map in the guide. I do not expect an answer for any of the above questions...I am merely pointing out some basic struggles a non-super genius (like me) may/may not have.

Azreil
yes i agree my guide is so confusing and i want to edit it later on . but let me try to help you meanwhile.

there's a video if you haven't noticed that might help you understand what i've written.

the telecaster database is HUGE so instead i made it as a script .sql instead of a .db. the script allows you to determine the size of the table and the name of the table, however it will create all the columns and sub-tables needed and also will fill them with data.
Old 09/08/2018, 20:02   #51

Quote:

Azreil
If i find a free time to make a video,i will make a guide how to install server using this same repack
Old 09/08/2018, 22:14   #52

I am very grateful for the replies and any assistance. This community is home to some of the best people.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2018, 23:17   #53

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
In this redemption repack there are database backups that can be restored in the databases folder.

They are .bak files as usual.

If you are trying to upgrade you will probably have to export your data in your existing telecaster and import it back into the new one in order to not have to start all over with characters.

You can probably keep your current auth so it connects the account IDs with the character data.
Old 09/09/2018, 00:10   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNikk View Post
In this redemption repack there are database backups that can be restored in the databases folder.

They are .bak files as usual.

If you are trying to upgrade you will probably have to export your data in your existing telecaster and import it back into the new one in order to not have to start all over with characters.

You can probably keep your current auth so it connects the account IDs with the character data.
I followed the suburb video guide. 9.4 server is running. Thank you so much! (next hurdle...updating to the above newest files.) (Starting new characters is no problem for me, happily will do so if it means having a more stable,bug-free experience.) I have the auth emu running on 127.0.0.1, game server running...chat, log and client. I had to rewind the video a few times in spots because I wanted to get things correct. I can honestly say....if I can follow the video guide and get a 9.4 server to work, anyone should be able to."
Old 09/09/2018, 02:42   #55

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
That is good to hear Azreil. Glad things worked out for you. Using the databases here really shouldn't be that much different.
Old 09/10/2018, 05:55   #56

Thank You Very Much , For Your Effort
Great Work
Old 09/10/2018, 22:25   #57

Quote:
I followed the suburb video guide. 9.4 server is running. Thank you so much! (next hurdle...updating to the above newest files.) (Starting new characters is no problem for me, happily will do so if it means having a more stable,bug-free experience.) I have the auth emu running on 127.0.0.1, game server running...chat, log and client. I had to rewind the video a few times in spots because I wanted to get things correct. I can honestly say....if I can follow the video guide and get a 9.4 server to work, anyone should be able to."
i'm very glad for you, hell you are even better than me (never tried to run Auth emu)

good luck to everyone.
Old 09/16/2018, 02:08   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH4NO3+Fuel Oil View Post
Thank you very much Min@to...
I could only find Arcadia and Telecaster
I guess that Arcadiainfo, Billing and Auth can be retrieved from any other release, right ?
You can use Billing and Arcadiainfo from Revo Files i test it and it works fine , and also you can use Game Auth from the same Files [ Revo files ] .
Old 09/18/2018, 20:13   #59

Excuse me
Auth Server display:this session is not verify version.

What does this mean?
Old 12/05/2018, 15:53   #60

Any chance to get the db backups for the sql server 2014? I would upgrade to 2017 but it doesn't work on windows 7.