Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[RELEASE] rMOD Tabbed RDB Editor

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[RELEASE] rMOD Tabbed RDB Editor

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

About

rMOD was originally created to save a database table to .rdb without ever displaying it, while this seemed a good start I was not happy with just making a tool for myself. I knew that if I were to release this tool it would need to be able to work for all available epics, this meant it would have to have a scriptable structure, my first attempt was to use .cs files with weird naming to achieve this. While initial tests worked I quickly ran into issues and limitations, this is when I enlisted the help of the great @glandu2. He told my that he felt like my prototype engine had too many hard-coded rules. (Things that one would have to change in the engine itself) He encouraged me to move away from this model. We got to talking about what would be the best way to script a rdb without having to compile dll or the like and that's when we both had the "DUH!" moment as it sank in not only could he have been using LUA this entire time but it was the perfect solution for my project as-well.

So I start reading documentation on and I literally tore all the guts out of rMOD as it stood leaving only the GUI. I began coding what would become 'rdbCore.dll' At this point it was still embedded into rMOD itself. Using Moonsharp to script the structures via LUA proved amazingly easy and adaptable. I would run into a couple issues which I would discuss with @glandu2 and at this point he told me he felt like I should move the engine I was coding out of the rMOD tool into its own project so that other people could possibly benefit from this engine.

Moving the engine out was a righteous pain in the ass but ultimately was incredibly beneficial for my own and future developers ability to read/alter the code. I kept coding the tool wanting primarily to give all the abilities of @glandu2 's Tabbed RDB Tool but add new features which would increase the ease of use of the tool while giving comparable speed. I also wanted to prove to @glandu2 and myself mostly that a c# tool could directly compete with c++ which is mostly thought to be not possible.

So today I'm excited to not only provide you with the fruits of my labor but hopefully teach you how to do all this on your own and if not provide you on of the fastest, easiest to use rdb tools available.

Features
  • LUA based structure files
    • Ability to load structure files when chosen or manually
    • Ability to define structures folder
    • Ability to assign unique FileName/TableName via Manage Structures GUI
    • Execution of code during row processing (load and save) by defining ProcessRow function
  • Tabs
    • Unique ability to clear current tab of all but the current structure (columns)
    • Unique ability to reload current tab data (clear current tab + load data)
    • Unique ability to reload current tab structure + data (completely reset current tab + load structure + load data)
    • Ability to close current tab
  • Loading/Saving of .rdb/.ref files
    • Ability to define save directory
    • Ability to save directly to hashed name
    • Ability to automatically append (ascii) to file names
    • Ability to select encoding
  • Loading/Saving of sql tables
    • Choice to drop/truncate target tables
    • Ability to backup target table before save operation
    • Saving mismatching epic data to tables
    • Unique ability to generate parameterized insert queries based on multiple methods
  • Unique 'GuessName' functionality (attempts to guess FileName/TableName based on structure name)

Configuration

While you can open the rMOD.opt file and manually edit it, you can also open the more intuitive and descriptive settings menus inside the tool itself!

Working with Structures

Please view the README.txt included in rMOD.zip on the release page

Bugs and Suggestions

Please do not liter this thread with bug reports, please send those to me in PM and or simply fork the github and make a pull request, I will then merge your fork once I have verified your concern has been corrected and is stable for release.

If you have any suggestions/comments please feel free to leave a comment here.

Downloads

Thanks
15 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 30
it seems like so much tools to operate client contents. no, the tool is awesome, but i am thinking about making something complex, since when you work with client files and add/edit something, its a pain in *** to switch between tools :P

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

I have plans to make a suite of multi epic editing tools but sadly I think my newborn daughter will likely consume all my time ha ha!
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWisdom View Post
I have plans to make a suite of multi epic editing tools but sadly I think my newborn daughter will likely consume all my time ha ha!
oh congratz!

Old   #5

Quote:
Becoming a parent is the moment when all of the life’s battles suddenly seem worth fighting for. Congratulations.
Old   #6

That's a very good release as usual and congratulations!
Old   #7

https://imgur.com/iRrOS8I

please fix MonsterResource72, if possible. After the creation RDB - all monster lose textures.
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz-crazyfun View Post
https://imgur.com/iRrOS8I

please fix MonsterResource72, if possible. After the creation RDB - all monster lose textures.
I am unable to reproduce your issue, see below images.

In the future please refrain from posting bug reports here, please only do so in PM. Thank you for your concern ^^

Coming to an rMOD near you!

I've decided to slightly alter the format of rMOD from stand-alone rdb editor to fully featured client editor. While this will take awhile it will yield stunning results which I'm sure any server admin will be pleased to have in their arsenal.

With features like:
  • New 'Home' or 'Launcher' tab which will be presented on rMOD load to allow quick access to the numerous features it will offer.
  • Data.XXX Editing (Grimoire v4 has been scrapped in favor of coding this functionality into rMOD)
  • Scripting Engine
    • Create your own plugins that control their own tabs via LUA (obviously these plugins will be confined to the limitations of Moonsharp and LUA 5.2)
    • Scripts will have access to C# Back-End calls that will allow your script to add/remove/manipulate controls like TextBox, ProgressBar, Label's, show input windows like: Text, File, Folder Dialogues and raise error windows.
  • Ability to load rdb into rMOD RDB Tab directly from a loaded client data.xxx tab
  • Ability to define objects dependencies and dump them all from one click. (e.g. db_item > item has dependencies of model (nx3), dds, icons and 02_item.spr)
  • Centralized logger which keeps track of debug/notice/error messages for future debugging
Old   #9

Quote:
I am unable to reproduce your issue, see below images.

In the future please refrain from posting bug reports here, please only do so in PM. Thank you for your concern ^^

Coming to an rMOD near you!

I've decided to slightly alter the format of rMOD from stand-alone rdb editor to fully featured client editor. While this will take awhile it will yield stunning results which I'm sure any server admin will be pleased to have in their arsenal.

With features like:
  • New 'Home' or 'Launcher' tab which will be presented on rMOD load to allow quick access to the numerous features it will offer.
  • Data.XXX Editing (Grimoire v4 has been scrapped in favor of coding this functionality into rMOD)
  • Scripting Engine
    • Create your own plugins that control their own tabs via LUA (obviously these plugins will be confined to the limitations of Moonsharp and LUA 5.2)
    • Scripts will have access to C# Back-End calls that will allow your script to add/remove/manipulate controls like TextBox, ProgressBar, Label's, show input windows like: Text, File, Folder Dialogues and raise error windows.
  • Ability to load rdb into rMOD RDB Tab directly from a loaded client data.xxx tab
  • Ability to define objects dependencies and dump them all from one click. (e.g. db_item > item has dependencies of model (nx3), dds, icons and 02_item.spr)
  • Centralized logger which keeps track of debug/notice/error messages for future debugging
yes, its my fail, sorry men, im use MonsterMotionSet from 8.1... can you create MonsterMotionSet for 7.2 - RDB? if it does not make it difficult for you, I will be very grateful.
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz-crazyfun View Post
yes, its my fail, sorry men, im use MonsterMotionSet from 8.1... can you create MonsterMotionSet for 7.2 - RDB? if it does not make it difficult for you, I will be very grateful.
One time only cause I had some time while baby sleeps.

6.2-7.2 MonsterMotionSet Structure
Code:
fields =
{
	{ "character_id", INT32 },
	{ "def", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "battle", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "idle", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "walk", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "run", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "be_attack", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "be_attack2", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "dead", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "flying_dead", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "take", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "attack_1", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "attack_2", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "attack_3", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "draw_bow", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "target_bow", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "fire_bow", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "casting_1", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "casting_2", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "casting_3", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "melee_1", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "melee_2", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "melee_3", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "mount", STRING, length=256 },
	{ "unmount", STRING, length=256 }
}
NOTE: The current version of GuessName doesn't support this rdb yet so you will have to manually edit the table/filename in the Manage Structures GUI.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #11

Hi,
why you don't make videoes for how to use your tools
for me, I know how to use them but there are some who I know don't know how to use it
it will be helpful for you and for them

nice woke
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherock View Post
Hi,
why you don't make videoes for how to use your tools
for me, I know how to use them but there are some who I know don't know how to use it
it will be helpful for you and for them

nice woke
Normally I don't have the time, plus going through the full process of using this tool on video would be lengthy and many non-english speaking people wouldn't understand it anyways.

If you ever need help with a tool of mine feel free to PM me or leave a question/comment in the release thread of the tool. Thanks for your concern @Sherok
Old   #13

hmmm
I think I know someone would make a video
is it able to make a video for your tools?
Old   #14

Release v0.10.0

Hello everyone,

Today v0.10.0 of rMOD releases, it is not a major upgrade as is currently in the works. The following changes have been made:

- Corrected some annoying behaviors like having Load/Save File extension filter set to .rdb (it's not set to all by default and .ref has been added)
- Added support for files like .ref
- Corrected critical bug where last row of any record (SQL or FILE) loaded was cut off (read/written but not shown)
- Added ext override (See [OVER] in the README.txt)
- Added ability to script file header (See [HDR] in README.txt)
- Corrected issues with the StructureManager where new structures were not being loaded properly and you had to delete structures.info
- Corrected issue with StructureManager where you couldn't remove from list
- Updated/Restructured README.txt (you can now easily search the file using table of contents and ctrl+f)
- Included ItemRef94.lua/ItemResource94.lua

v0.10.1 Bug Fix Notes:

- Corrected bad Input dialog behaviours
- Corrected bad handling of default values
- Corrected bad handling of file headers
- Added correct (and up-to-date) @Gangor SQL files
- Corrected field name in ItemRef94.lua

On a side note I have also included a new folder called "Special SQL Scripts", inside you will find an updated copy of @Gangor SQL Scripts for creating views for dbo.ItemResource. You should visit his thread and give him thanks.

Saving db_item.rdb for 9.4
  • Open [dbo].[Item]/[dbo].[ItemReferenceResource] in SSMS > Target your Arcadia > Execute
  • Open rMOD > Open Manage Structures
    • Set 'tableName' of key ItemResource94 to 'Item' > Press Enter
    • Set 'tableName' of key ItemRef94 to 'ItemReferenceResource' > Press Enter
    • Close Manage Structures
  • Select ItemResource94 structure
  • Press 'Load SQL' > Save
  • Press Tabs > New > RDB
    • Select ItemRef94 structure
    • Press 'Load SQL' > Save
  • Profit
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #15

Little teaser update, I know it's been awhile since I've said anything about rMOD.

BUT! The call is in, right now rMOD is ***** deep in a reconfiguration of the way it works, most of the foundation work is already complete.

The way tabs are handled has been completely rewritten and several new features (not present in any Grimoire, even v3 [Unreleased]) are underway. Powered by DataCore v4 rMOD can achieve stunning performance when manipulating your client. (Record speed on my PC = 69ms or .06 seconds.

Not only that but rMOD will utilize the power of DataCore to provide administrators to quickly open rdb files from a client without ever having to load/select it

A full fragmentation suite:

(Prototype menu, incomplete)

Ability to easily search any or all tabs with precisionm, ease and advanced options using the new Search Menu:

(Prototype menu, incomplete)

Mind numbingly easy importing/exporting of file to and from the Rappelz data.*** system.

Built in file/folder hasher with advanced options (no screenie)

Built in item_use_flag generator (with scriptable flag list )

Ascii adder/remover

RDB File comparer (SHA1/SHA512)

and more, I hope you all are eager cause v1.0 of rMOD is gonna be gewd. :3

Thanks
3 Users