Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Why is Rappelz incapable of creating a decent server?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Why is Rappelz incapable of creating a decent server?

Hey, i've been following this Forum for quite a while now and read alot of topics. Every server-introduction, guide and flame thread.

And i question myself: Why is Rappelz incapable of creating a decent server?
(Beware, i drank some whiskey so this might be the reason why i'm writing this in the first place)

I've also played alot of servers, which sadly die like flies. Either the performance sucks, the devs suck or its not moving at all.
I've also visited other MMO's servers which are (in quantity and quality) superior to Rappelz.

I would be thankfull for a server that doesn't die after a week.
Stop creating x4014023408 servers that die quickly because its too boring.
Stop flaming and causing drama between devs causing the server to die.
Stop creating servers purly for the sake of profit.

Its simple:
Low rates
Everyone of us cheated in some game. And i guess nobody had fun after a week and quit that game. But why? Because its too easy. It isn't fun anymore. Make it hard for people to achieve something e.g so we can be happy on finally taming a fucking angel.

Qualified Devs
I don't request advanced programmers with a bachelor in science.
But they should be mature and skilled enough to add small patches or organise events.

Stop Drama
Its just annoying and doesn't help anyone... not much to say here.
Take. Your. Time.

Don't just setup a server and expect everyone to jump on it.
Work on it first and give us a reason to play on it.

My example of a decent server if i had time and motivation to make one:
  • x1-x1.5 exp
  • x2 drop
  • x5 lak
  • downgraded 9.x (good GUI, better AI, more functions, more event-possibilities BUT no dura items or very very limited through Boss drops (Closing lvl gaps)
  • NO WITCH QUEST
  • higher xp in groups
  • decent shops (No clusterfuck NPC where i have to draw a new landmap to find out where something is. Keep it basic. We have NPC's already. Edit their shops or setup new locations.)
  • No overpowered Buffs
  • No Pay2Win (To keep the server financed add time-savers into the itemshop. e.g times lootpets through ingame shop / permanent lootpets through itemshop. Growthpotion through itemshop, but also available through certain quests or events. You know just keep it balanced. If people have money they will spend it to save some time.
  • Balanced Classes. Regular PvP events to calculate and evaluate.
  • Good looking homepage (For real now, Photoshop isn't that hard.)

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
it's expensive for a dev to buy a host, therefore he has to find a founder, founders are most likely looking for fun, and playing as a toon, not investing.
they power boost their selves, he gets to know other players, he boost them, the dev tries to play, gets to know friends, he boosts them, friends boost other friends, and the cycle keeps going.

Quote:
• Stop Drama
• Take. Your. Time.
devs have to stop arguing players, if they are confident and have nothing to be scared of, but if players have proof of **** going on, its a whole mess.

Quote:
Balanced Classes. Regular PvP events to calculate and evaluate.
im starting to like you, you really know a lot and how Rappelz work, but nobody cares about events, all they do is just open server and wait for players to come!NO that's not how it goes x.x

they also have to stop using the famous word "if you don't like it , get out" that just motivates him to destroy the **** out of you.

this will be my last golden advice for all the devs, global servers make players to play more no matter about anything u have in there, as long as there is many culture & languages, players will be too busy farming pking levelling, so they can win the race against other regions.they won't complain , as long as they are in the race , so while they're too busy doing that , you "the dev" try to make more content .

Old   #3

elite*gold: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Nexitis View Post
Hey, i've been following this Forum for quite a while now and read alot of topics. Every server-introduction, guide and flame thread.

And i question myself: Why is Rappelz incapable of creating a decent server?
(Beware, i drank some whiskey so this might be the reason why i'm writing this in the first place)

I've also played alot of servers, which sadly die like flies. Either the performance sucks, the devs suck or its not moving at all.
I've also visited other MMO's servers which are (in quantity and quality) superior to Rappelz.

I would be thankfull for a server that doesn't die after a week.
Stop creating x4014023408 servers that die quickly because its too boring.
Stop flaming and causing drama between devs causing the server to die.
Stop creating servers purly for the sake of profit.

Its simple:
• Low rates
Everyone of us cheated in some game. And i guess nobody had fun after a week and quit that game. But why? Because its too easy. It isn't fun anymore. Make it hard for people to achieve something e.g so we can be happy on finally taming a fucking angel.

• Qualified Devs
I don't request advanced programmers with a bachelor in science.
But they should be mature and skilled enough to add small patches or organise events.

• Stop Drama
• Take. Your. Time.

Don't just setup a server and expect everyone to jump on it.
Work on it first and give us a reason to play on it.

My example of a decent server if i had time and motivation to make one:

-x1-x1.5 exp
-x2 drop
-x5 lak
-downgraded 9.x (good GUI, better AI, more functions, more event-possibilities BUT no dura items or very very limited as high end gear items through Boss drops)
-higher xp in groups
-decent shops (No clusterfuck NPC where i have to draw a new landmap to find out where something is. Keep it basic. We have NPC's already. Edit their shops or setup new locations.)
- No overpowered Buffs
- No Pay2Win (To keep the server financed add time-savers into the itemshop. e.g times lootpets through ingame shop / permanent lootpets through itemshop. Growthpotion through itemshop, but also available through certain quests or events. You know just keep it balanced. If people have money they will spend it to save some time.
- Balanced Classes. Regular PvP events to calculate and evaluate.
- Good looking homepage (For real now, Photoshop isn't that hard.)
1.People wana server but they don't wana low or high rate.
2.If they see any type of cash shop(it is pay to win).
3.People wana updates as fast as possible.
4.Alot of devs quit/took a brake or refuse any help to anyone that they don't know.
5.U will see barely any people trying to learn anything about development.I was a player and i start to learn to make server that most of community want.I hit a wall at the moment,i can't do any progress since for my project links for tools are broke/deleted.I am trying to make it on my own but taking alot of time.When i ask a help with this barely any dev would help out.For this i can only mention few that realy spare time for me.

@LamiaCore
this man stood and took 100000 of stupid question from my side and show me most of stuff.
@xXExiledXx
he helped me alot with older epics and figure out some of dumbest things.
@SilentWisdom
Well alot of people hate this guy and love.He show me alot of time and share some info on some things that i never saw posted on elitepvpers. @MohcenMaher
He showed me alot of stuffs that with 9.4 and 9.5.Gave me few ideas how some things could work and make my server files unique then others.

Well to sum it up.
I am maybe 1 out of maybe 20 people who were players and deicide to learn this things and maybe one day make a server that community desire.Alot of people will b!tch that server sucks.That developer sucks.That each server is money grabbing.

Server cost time and money.
Developing a server takes time and time.Some people have more spare time some less.If you wana a custom server to stand out from a crowd it takes even more time.

In my case,i have alot of spare time,but coz of my health issue alot i need take alot of brake in a day.I can't spare to spend money on server on monthly base coz RL before gaming.

But yea,everybody wana server but wana invest nothing in it,not even giving a time to developers to make decent one.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #4

Tournament is a good server he just needs to fix the Disconnects/DDos attacks

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpthepostman View Post
Tournament is a good server he just needs to fix the Disconnects/DDos attacks
it would be better if you express your thoughts and opinions xD, so that devs can have a good look at what the majority wants
Old   #6

Every time i read this posts, and no one talk about Revolution 9.4 server. How is possibile? Is a very good server, no pay to win, good team and many many players all time and in all hours of day.
Old   #7

Received Thanks: 3,187
We are limited on what we can do.
There's no source code and no fully developed emu.

We can add new items with old functions, we can add new monsters with old patterns, we can add new skills with old functions, etc.
As long as we don't have the source code we're limited on what we can do. That's why you wont see that much innovative stuff.
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocalgod View Post
Every time i read this posts, and no one talk about Revolution 9.4 server. How is possibile? Is a very good server, no pay to win, good team and many many players all time and in all hours of day.
I only remember 2 issue.

Lag
Low support for english talking community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
We are limited on what we can do.
There's no source code and no fully developed emu.

We can add new items with old functions, we can add new monsters with old patterns, we can add new skills with old functions, etc.
As long as we don't have the source code we're limited on what we can do. That's why you wont see that much innovative stuff.

I mean alot of stuff can be possible done without source code but worst part is that barely anybody this day's share...

well that is my view on situation.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by アルカード View Post
I only remember 2 issue.

Lag
Low support for english talking community.

I mean alot of stuff can be possible done without source code but worst part is that barely anybody this day's share...

I'm english, i found a good support bye them. There are all arab players, but really this server is very good. And no lag, i play here from open. I sometimes left to play and later when i come back i find always a server full of people
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocalgod View Post

basically, we need something modified, what I hate about 8.3 and up is 1 shot.

if someone could get rid of that thing, it would be awesome.

or a lower version where all classes were balanced naturally, and I suggest the first part :P.
Old   #11

Received Thanks: 3,187
Quote:

Of course a lot of stuff can be done without the source, but after working in the scene for more than half a decade I can't really see anything new or special, honestly.
Have you seen something completely new or special in the last 2 years? I haven't. Everything is somehow something we already had but modificated or stuff like that.
I personally have so many ideas I'd love to implement into Rappelz which won't work without having access to the source code, and that's the sad thing. Hell we don't even have input dialogues because they're all hard-coded into special functions (ex. guild creation, character name change, etc).

Rappelz could still be alive today, it could be bigger than we could even imagine - if we had access to the source code.
I may be wrong, but honestly, that's my point of view. I always dreamed of having the source for this game, simply due to the infinite possibilities it could give us.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
1.People wana server but they don't wana low or high rate.

They want lowrate. There have been too many high rate servers and almost everyone here saw everything about rappelz since you can finish the game in a week.
4.Alot of devs quit/took a brake or refuse any help to anyone that they don't know.
I wouldn't want to help aswell if i knew that the server will die in second
Server cost time and money. The main problem is money since windows roots are expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Of course a lot of stuff can be done without the source, but after working in the scene for more than half a decade I can't really see anything new or special, honestly.
Have you seen something completely new or special in the last 2 years? I haven't. Everything is somehow something we already had but modificated or stuff like that.
I personally have so many ideas I'd love to implement into Rappelz which won't work without having access to the source code, and that's the sad thing. Hell we don't even have input dialogues because they're all hard-coded into special functions (ex. guild creation, character name change, etc).

Rappelz could still be alive today, it could be bigger than we could even imagine - if we had access to the source code.
I may be wrong, but honestly, that's my point of view. I always dreamed of having the source for this game, simply due to the infinite possibilities it could give us.
We still can use the things we have already. You're right it won't be completely new and innovative but it would make a difference for the player.
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Nexitis View Post
We still can use the things we have already. You're right it won't be completely new and innovative but it would make a difference for the player.
Well maybe one day there will pop-up a server who is decent,not moneygrabing.

But just maybe...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #14

I'd like to tell Vocalgod something about revolution, that server is complete junk, its funny how they say that it's fully 9.4, but its just an upgraded version of older epics, things there don't work how they should, support from the staff team is ****. The arena for ppl who werent using arabic client didnt work for 2 months, i dont know how it is now. Which made it completely unfair for english players, i once asked dev, how do we get stuff that you buy for arena points, he simply answered - buy from cs. I quit instantly after that.
Old   #15

W dupie byles i chuja widziales!