Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Why is Rappelz incapable of creating a decent server?

Old   #16

elite*gold: 30
1. common problem of a community is wrong thinking:
server doesn't cost money. time does.
server doesn't cost time. development does.
server doesn't cost development skills. project does.
and a server doesn't deserve to be public until it's a project that met all requirements on it's costs and a reason to open it.

solution? stop opening servers if you dont know how dahell they work at least. agreed, childish servers only separating a players community between servers
and then they just get bored. but nah, thats not a solution because you can't just tell people to stop and they will stop.
it depends on players behaviour too.
stop saying that the server is the best if you cant even imagine how dahell a quality of a server being metered. stop advertising any server at all.
you trying to brng up a community but destroy an industry. its like to take over 15 people to an elevator when you dont know how many it can handle for sure.
a good project advertises itself. even if that advertising is not that successful - it doesn't harm a whole industry at least and doesn't separate
players community regardless to a point of doing it. if i were a player (and surely i was and i also started from scratch when came to this community),
i'd rather let the server die than help him take others to death. no matter how much awesome it is personally for me.

2. a thought that players expect a good server with their own reasons to say its a good server but don't want to invest into it is wrong.
they do invest and they do like servers round here.
so there is no problem if you think there is.

3. there is no limitations in development and research, just a reason to do it is very weak. simply saying:
there is nothing between 0 and 1 in DEV, but real life always give you 0.5.
people who can do things better than average developer in this community always leaving for irl issues or delaying their progress by the same reason.
solution?
never tell devs how to do their work and they will do it even better than you expect or even imagine.
never hurry a dev and he will do more things than you wait for at the end of it all.

4. there is no straight view of a community on a "decent server", and your own thoughts on that doesnt mean everyone thinks so.
and no matter how you describe it - don't lie to yourself, you will play it for a month or two and surely turn out to try another one to see if its better.
its a common player's illusionary thought that is close to utopia: if i like a server that has this feature, that feature aaaaand that one feature,
that means a lot of people like it.
NO. consider they don't.
to take out such a thought out of a head you just need to know: people don't think same as you. even if someone does, people don't because someone
is pupil not people.
and there are a lot of servers working for a long time. if you don't need servers that are working for month and then die - DAHELL WHY DO YOU PLAY IT?.

5. most of things that wil bring a whole development to a higher level will require a lot of time spent on it. and people who alredy turned to it
will never say they are working on it and show off around it.
just look at Glandu2, that guy just comes with some cool stuff, provides some feedback and disappears for a long again.
they just don't give a f*ck about anything happening around in this community before they come back with something new.
others only make attempts to make a bullet from a crap.

6. i agree that other MMO games have a lot of things that are over Rappelz but let me tell you how it happened: 7 years of Rappelz Private Server industry
and no single successful attempt yet to make a server emulator with maybe even bugged or incomplete functionality.
only drama, hate and showing power to each other.
NO, the problem is not that emulator and other software to operate game mechanics and contents does not exist.
the problem is no one yet made it as at least a barely complete software.

7. Rappelz is not a game that made genius brains and experienced "bachelors in science" loving it.
and Rappelz is not a game that had success bringing millions people to play it.
development community is weak because players community is weak.

solution? make damn private server taking audience outside a one that is taken by retail. make damn knowledge base and advertise a game, not a server.
Eureka!

8. the point of players don't get all they expect from private servers is: players expect 0.0001% of POSSIBLE.
but experienced devs round here usually work on things that are 1000000% over POSSIBLE.
but even there players always blame devs they are not grown enough to "refund their time spent", whatever.

P.S. last time this commuity really grown up at this point but still the thing that beats common development teams is a REASON to host servers and make new features.
but there is not a lack of a reason. there is a lack of a perspective view on it. both for players and for devs.

but if you need someone to grow higher, grow yourself to help him. thats all.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #17

elite*gold: 0
that's a tough question there.

Old   #18

Hello guys,

i am back after a while and the first i red was the sad story about Raskim.

Since the old 6.2 project didn't went too well and i was out for a long time i am unsure if anybody would try to make 6.2/6.3 again.

Right now i still plan a 6.2 or 6.3 server again. The Server itself will be a pure 6.x server (no 9.x downgraded one) and i still have a lot of ideas, but... i would need a developer who knows the databases and can help with it.

My plan is:
- x1 exp, x1 drop, x2 lak
- I don't want any dura items on the server, to have it oldschool.
- Unsure on witch quest yet, i think it's better without it.
- dungeon parties should be able to get more exp
- only basic buffs, for real/good buffs i prefer the players do it, to make buff classes more attractive
- working cash shop for mostly decorative items, but also almost all items available in the game itself (unsure if maybe make all items from cs available in game, since it am unsure what items will be added to cs, but definatly again NOPAY2WIN)
- maybe some new quests, but unsure right now

Right now i have a developer helping me, but he is new to rappelz, so i would greatly appreciate a developer with some more experience.

Edit: I will take care of the hosting server itself and it will be a decend machine (like quad core i7 with enough memory (anything between 32 and 64gb).
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #19

omg charlie is back <3 MAN CHARLIE YOUR SERVER WAS THE BEST FCKING BEST LOWRATE OLDSCHOOL SERVER IN THE PAST YEAR !

well im getting wet if i just see you thinking about reopen a new one *-*

Old   #20

Actually it wasnt charlie on his own, Raskim helped him and gave him his tiamat files.
And there is a low epic rappelz server allrdy , maybe u work with them charlie?
So peopel would'nt split on 2 servers ' our community isnt big enough for this '
Old   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliefoxtrott View Post
Hello guys,

i am back after a while and the first i red was the sad story about Raskim.

Since the old 6.2 project didn't went too well and i was out for a long time i am unsure if anybody would try to make 6.2/6.3 again.

Right now i still plan a 6.2 or 6.3 server again. The Server itself will be a pure 6.x server (no 9.x downgraded one) and i still have a lot of ideas, but... i would need a developer who knows the databases and can help with it.

My plan is:
- x1 exp, x1 drop, x2 lak
- I don't want any dura items on the server, to have it oldschool.
- Unsure on witch quest yet, i think it's better without it.
- dungeon parties should be able to get more exp
- only basic buffs, for real/good buffs i prefer the players do it, to make buff classes more attractive
- working cash shop for mostly decorative items, but also almost all items available in the game itself (unsure if maybe make all items from cs available in game, since it am unsure what items will be added to cs, but definatly again NOPAY2WIN)
- maybe some new quests, but unsure right now

Right now i have a developer helping me, but he is new to rappelz, so i would greatly appreciate a developer with some more experience.

Edit: I will take care of the hosting server itself and it will be a decend machine (like quad core i7 with enough memory (anything between 32 and 64gb).
Welcome back to the field dear Charlie, your idea seems quite fun and good to me.

please proceed your dedication, I wish you all the luck.
Old   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RappelzUnited View Post
Welcome back to the field dear Charlie, your idea seems quite fun and good to me.

please proceed your dedication, I wish you all the luck.
I will make a server again, no matter how many other servers will be online. It is a project for me and i want to learn more about the game and i want to be able to administrate/develope it on my own.

Since i prefer a "clean" 6.X server, it will have old gui, old stuff, old maps, all oldschool.

And i don't care if i would be the only one who plays there.

If you wanna see what i mean, take a look at this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Astaroth_Evo1.jpg (342.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Astaroth_Evo2.jpg (328.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Astaroth_Evo3.jpg (341.1 KB, 37 views)

Thanks
3 Users