Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

6.2 Server - How populated would it be?

Old   #286

elite*gold: 0
Charlie, could you not just open 2 server One hardcore like you suggested, old school x1 without any buff, and an other with xp rate like x1.5 / x2 a drop rate a bit boosted and some " standard " buff, those from the NPC you implanted werent so insane, i mean you still had to dp with other ppl to xp and that dosent affect the farm, everybody could choose his side this way ... I personally like rappelz 6.2 As it was, but we also play Private server for the little extra it can offer. More than just custom event, we need refreshing gameplay. I think that a private server isnt intended to spend 6 month to lvl a character to 150, neither in 3 days, we just need a good compromise because otherwise ppl will get bored after 1 month. That's just my opinion

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #287

Personally i pref an low exp, 1.5 max.. it's the best.. The server must to be difficult..

Old   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criitik View Post
Charlie, could you not just open 2 server One hardcore like you suggested, old school x1 without any buff, and an other with xp rate like x1.5 / x2 a drop rate a bit boosted and some " standard " buff, those from the NPC you implanted werent so insane, i mean you still had to dp with other ppl to xp and that dosent affect the farm, everybody could choose his side this way ... I personally like rappelz 6.2 As it was, but we also play Private server for the little extra it can offer. More than just custom event, we need refreshing gameplay. I think that a private server isnt intended to spend 6 month to lvl a character to 150, neither in 3 days, we just need a good compromise because otherwise ppl will get bored after 1 month. That's just my opinion
that would only split the population and kill one of the servers which has the lowest population. Therefore, the server with the highest amount of players will barely stay around for a couple of weeks and then die because not all players started with each other.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagy View Post
that would only split the population and kill one of the servers which has the lowest population. Therefore, the server with the highest amount of players will barely stay around for a couple of weeks and then die because not all players started with each other.
Then forget about the 2 server but my opinion dosent change about the xp rate ( i'm fine with x1.5 ), and the buff

Old   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criitik View Post
To split the already small community of rappelz ? No thanks.
They want to make it challenging and no one should reach r7 in 1 month thats totally crazy. People will not get bored on there road to r7 because there will always be something to do thats the nice thing about it. You have to constantly pimp your equip, trying to get better pets and higher sks and so on (like it was back then). Thats like rappelz should be and always was. If your not paying crazy amounts of money into the game it was very hard to get good equip and lvling was also slower (no ss). But your right at least dping and lvling shouldn't be a torture like it was in the closed beta without buffs.

No one yet have opened a server like this one thats why so many people are so excited about it.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller334 View Post
To split the already small community of rappelz ? No thanks.
They want to make it challenging and no one should reach r7 in 1 month thats totally crazy. People will not get bored on there road to r7 because there will always be something to do thats the nice thing about it. You have to constantly pimp your equip, trying to get better pets and higher sks and so on (like it was back then). Thats like rappelz should be and always was. If your not paying crazy amounts of money into the game it was very hard to get good equip and lvling was also slower (no ss). But your right at least dping and lvling shouldn't be a torture like it was in the closed beta without buffs.

No one yet have opened a server like this one thats why so many people are so excited about it.
*Refere to my last post* ^^
Old   #292

HeyHey,

make this server as hard as possible ... i like low rates

pls make it like it was in 6.2 XD

-No dura
-rare drops which you can be pleased about XD
-long time to lvl up

on the last p-server we lvled to r7 in 3-4 weeks and after 2 month we reached all goals and quit =) .... let it take longer

cya ingame

p.s. im fine with a wipe after beta test ... thats normal
Thanks
1 User
Old   #293

All agree with last exp, i think that the exp of the beta it's perfect!
Old   #294

The EXP in the beta was fine tbh
Old   #295

Exp needs to be neither low nor high. Feeling r2/r3/r4 gameplay is fine as long there is no endless grinding. Sure, you need to put some time and effort in leveling, but it shouldn't be too boring.

I was wondering about 1 to 10 Lv armor upgrades. It would be cool since there's no dura and certain classes just can't wear certain armors and upgrade them. They weren't implemented in 6.2 I think.

Honestly, I'm quite afraid of low popularity of healing classes and server buffs being necessary because of that. But who knows? Maybe they won't be necessary at all. Though, I really liked the movement speed buff. The game felt so much smoother. Also, HP/MP regen and recov buffs were handy, although they could be a bit too much. I mean not using mana restorting pots/scrolls just to cast 2 or 3 more spells was nice, but some classes are mana hungry for a reason. Increasing chips duration would be a nice thing too.

I also want to say that you have done a great work so far! Playing on beta server was a extremely pleasant experience. I think you are fully aware of it, but something was really off about drop rate in dungeons.
Old   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar5 View Post
Honestly, I'm quite afraid of low popularity of healing classes
I would love to play a healer, but this depends a lot if people actually dp together or not. Soloing as a healer is just... too much pain for me.
I used to be a healer on retail back in epic 5 to 7, it was nice.
Old   #297

Yo Raskim ~ As u said it's an Natural 6.2 Server i found a couple things that makes me some Questions

Vailed Island has no mobs , and everything else there aswell like Kaia Lake / Unicorn Forest / and Snowfield Basin. the first entrance is like usually no mobs and if ill enter the gate in snowfield basin im getting back to useless vailed island again.

Every Dungeon mobs are [ +++ ] Usually only TOA / TOL / TOE having this as i know :^

Couple of Skills show no cooldowns like Critical Strike / Burning Style / Bolt of Destruction -

There is the Cube Dungeon Entry , just no teleporter for it to get in ~

@ The way to PP The're CUBES and Angels ~ Not Yeti + Angels like it usually is ~

i srsly dont know if u DOWNGRADED the server or something but this is 100% not a Natural 6.2

bei allen respekt raskim du hast soviele großen töne gespuckt und dann erlebe ich sowas hier? xD Nimmt euch aufjedenfall noch ein paar wochen zeit ^^ sonst gibts hier nur content bis PP und dann nichtsmehr ~ kann man direkt Gammel Zesua spielen
Alle haben sich gewundert warum die mobs so HÖLLISCH stark waren die sind einfach mit 3 +++ und nicht 2 ^^

U guys Wondered why mobs are so strong huh? they're 3x +++ , and not 2x ++ How it used to be ~

Edit : Just checked Youtube Video From Official , Saw a Harpy and they we're dpin in m1 they had ++ x)

If ur done with whole server fixes call me ill test it a whole day and can tell u if like 80% of importants stuff working.

# when sand lord stunned me , the stun didnt worked and it did not counted as a debuff.~
Thanks
1 User
Old   #298

First the bugs needs to be fixed, then we will set up the server most likely with oldschool 6.2 settings. There is no reason for rumors right now.

Please wait for raskim to be back until he checked out the database and other stuff.
Old   #299

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawan321 View Post
Yo Raskim ~ As u said it's an Natural 6.2 Server i found a couple things that makes me some Questions

Vailed Island has no mobs , and everything else there aswell like Kaia Lake / Unicorn Forest / and Snowfield Basin. the first entrance is like usually no mobs and if ill enter the gate in snowfield basin im getting back to useless vailed island again.

Every Dungeon mobs are [ +++ ] Usually only TOA / TOL / TOE having this as i know :^

Couple of Skills show no cooldowns like Critical Strike / Burning Style / Bolt of Destruction -

There is the Cube Dungeon Entry , just no teleporter for it to get in ~

@ The way to PP The're CUBES and Angels ~ Not Yeti + Angels like it usually is ~

i srsly dont know if u DOWNGRADED the server or something but this is 100% not a Natural 6.2

bei allen respekt raskim du hast soviele großen töne gespuckt und dann erlebe ich sowas hier? xD Nimmt euch aufjedenfall noch ein paar wochen zeit ^^ sonst gibts hier nur content bis PP und dann nichtsmehr ~ kann man direkt Gammel Zesua spielen
Alle haben sich gewundert warum die mobs so HÖLLISCH stark waren die sind einfach mit 3 +++ und nicht 2 ^^

U guys Wondered why mobs are so strong huh? they're 3x +++ , and not 2x ++ How it used to be ~

Edit : Just checked Youtube Video From Official , Saw a Harpy and they we're dpin in m1 they had ++ x)

If ur done with whole server fixes call me ill test it a whole day and can tell u if like 80% of importants stuff working.

# when sand lord stunned me , the stun didnt worked and it did not counted as a debuff.~

Definition - What does Beta Test mean?

A beta test refers to the distribution of pre-release game software to a select group of people so that they can test the game in their own homes. The beta version of a game is as close to perfect as the company can make it, but any bugs, glitches or other issues discovered in beta testing will usually be addressed before the game's official release.

Old   #300

Received Thanks: 1,007
Tommorow i can go home.

I will Start then with Bug fixing.
@ i tested all things alone and i allways try my Best to give the People the oldschool experience. But since These files are very old and some files arent avaible any longer, it Takes time to fix things or create a work around.

Maybe i can rebuild the old tiamat Projekt. I still have all tiamat files and they were build for 6.2

But they have the 9.1 Engine, just downpatched to 6.2

So the Decision lays on Charliefoxtrott.

Thanks
1 User