Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Release] Tool to launch sframe.exe without launcher

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] Tool to launch sframe.exe without launcher

As now sframe.exe check if it was started by the official launcher and won't start if it don't, I made a small tool that allow starting sframe.exe directly bypassing that check.

To use it:
Code:
RappelzCmdLauncher.exe SFrame.exe <arguments for sframe>
like that:
Code:
RappelzCmdLauncher.exe SFrame.exe /auth_ip:***.***.***.*** /locale:windows-1252 /country:FR /cash /commercial_shop /help_url_w:620 /help_url_h:633
Parameters are just passed to sframe. I tested with the official sframe.exe and it works as well, even if it has gameguard.

Virustotal:

C & C# sources:
Attached Files
File Type: zip RappelzCmdLauncher.zip (3.8 KB, 284 views)

Thanks
7 Users
Old   #2

Neat. Thanks for sharing!

Old   #3

its work with me ؛>

waiting{ SFrame without gg }
Old   #4

elite*gold: 625
The Black Market: 222/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,034
Thanks! thats works nice !

Old   #5

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
As now sframe.exe check if it was started by the official launcher and won't start if it don't, I made a small tool that allow starting sframe.exe directly bypassing that check.

To use it:
Code:
RappelzCmdLauncher.exe SFrame.exe <arguments for sframe>
like that:
Code:
RappelzCmdLauncher.exe SFrame.exe /auth_ip:***.***.***.*** /locale:windows-1252 /country:FR /cash /commercial_shop /help_url_w:620 /help_url_h:633
Parameters are just passed to sframe. I tested with the official sframe.exe and it works as well, even if it has gameguard.

Virustotal:
Mind if you tell me how the SFrame checks for this? Would be interessting to know, but unfortunately I don't have a client here so I can't check for myself. :/
Old   #6

The launcher create an handle that is inherited to it's child process (that is sframe.exe), and sframe try to use the handle. If it fails, it shows the messagebox about not having launched sframe from the launcher. To pass the handle value, an environment variable is used (on 32bit systems, this variable is 64bit even though there is only 32 bits used), this is usually something like sframe.exe_runner.
The program has to be launcher with admin rights to be able to inherit it's environment variables, else sframe.exe (which need to have admin rights anyway) won't have the environment variables from it's parent process, thus will report not being launched from the official launcher

SFrame checks also if it was modified by using WinVerifyTrust function, so if you have modified the sframe binary, it will still say that you need to launch sframe from the launcher. (If I understood correctly)

About sframe without GG, it won't work correctly since now, all official servers check for the client to have GG by sending requests. Only the client with GG can answer to these requests, and if the client does not answer or answer incorrectly, the client is kicked from the server. That's also why even sframe PH has GG now.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #7

Quote:
all official servers check for the client to have GG

what about private servers ?
Old   #8

elite*gold: 1
It is only on 8.2 that they started this.

We do not know how the Pservers will act yet.
Old   #9

we will know soon
Old   #10

When trying to launch several client without sandboxie or VM on official servers, I had to remove GG from one of the 2 clients, so I used the PH client to do that. (and also removed all bad checks, like IP check, launcher check and double execution check)

so here it is ^^ (But this sframe will never work on official servers, as these servers absolutely need the client to have GG)

Attached Files
File Type: zip SFrame.zip (4.84 MB, 341 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #11

Quote:
When trying to launch several client without sandboxie or VM on official servers, I had to remove GG from one of the 2 clients, so I used the PH client to do that. (and also removed all bad checks, like IP check, launcher check and double execution check)

so here it is ^^ (But this sframe will never work on official servers, as these servers absolutely need the client to have GG)

i can run the game 2 times in the same time & its work with ph official server ...
Old   #12

Ah weird, maybe rappelz PH servers don't check if the client has GG. I though that as they added GG to their client since some other servers added a check in the server to force the client to have GG ...

You can play with these 2 client as long as you want ? If the server check for the client side GG, it will disconnect you after 2min ~ (because the client GG's reply timeout)

[edit] after checking if the PH server check for the client to use GG, it indeed does not check it. I didn't checked all servers, but at least, the french server is checking if the client has GG (and kick you after 2min ~ if the client does not have it)
Old   #13

so now it's impossible to launch official rappelz without gameguard ?
Old   #14

is there away to luanch 2 rappelz clients (without vm) ????
Old   #15

its enough for me if i didn't get "execute error" when i am running the game twice . but i didn't understand why ph server don't use gg .