Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[RELEASE+SOURCE]Telnet GM-Tool

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[RELEASE+SOURCE]Telnet GM-Tool

It started as just a test to see if I could do it, then I became interested. So now I am working towards the first fully open-source and instant gm tool (over telnet) I like to call it InstaGM. Right now it is only in beta, but should still be regarded as primarily stable. I am releasing it as a preview to keep you guys interested in it's development curve.

You will notice several major changes, but the most important are detailed below:

- Information Welcome Screen Added
- Settings Menu Redesigned
-- Arcadia Info added (not implemented)
-- Informational Tool-Tips added
-- On-The-Fly reconfiguration routines added
- Summon Tab Added
-- Summon Insert to Item Box/Clip-Board Enabled
-- Informational Display of Item Destination Added
--- You can not insert Tamed Pets to the Item Box!
- Item Tab Added
- Item Tab Info tooltip added (hover mouse on info)
-- Asynchronous Item Loading
--- Items Loaded Display Added
-- Asynchronous Item Searching
-- Item Insert to Item Box/Clip-Board Enabled
-- Information Display of Item Destination Added
--- You can not insert Altered Items to the Item Box!
- Several Logging Hooks added for information / procedure tracking
- Buff Tab Added
- Buff Tab Info tooltip added (hover mouse on info)
Asynchronous Buff Searching
-- Buff Insert to Telnet/Clip-Board Enabled
-- Informational Display of Buff Destination Added

While I encourage you to test and be a part of InstaGM development I still caution you that you should regard any beta software as just that - BETA!

You can find the newest exe here:
InstaGM v1.6.5

You can find the change-log here:
InstaGM v1.6.5 Change-Log

You can also find the Source here:
https://code.google.com/p/instagm/so...msApplication1

Screenshots:

Mentions:

Xijezu -- Your NPCEditor inspired the theme if you can't tell :P
C1ph3r -- Thanks for the inspiration to try this.
People who will use InstaGM -- Thanks for using InstaGM!

If you have any questions/concerns feel free to slide my a pm I will try to get back to you as soon as possible!

Thanks
5 Users
Old   #2

Nice And Thank You Good Work

Old   #3

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealSky View Post
In the last weeks I have had some ask me for such a tool and some mention it in other threads, today in some free-time I sat down and coded this. I have tested it many times on my personal test-server and even added in some error handling for dar noobies

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

You can download the exe here

or you can copy the source from below:

How-To-Use:

Very easy: Start InstaGM > Type In Connection Info > Press Connect > Type Command > Press Send > Enjoy

If you find this release helpful, pass it on ^^ Thank you for your time.

P.S.

I will be maintaining this release, so if you find a bug feel free to pm me!
Is there any difference in the featurelist of these two tools? (Except the non handled telnet responses on the TealSky tool)

TealSky Telnet Client:

Official Windows integrated CMD Telnet Client:
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

nice work thanx.

Old   #5

you could consider the use of a vpn server and forward the telnet connection through the vpn, that way we can have a instagm tool that can operate remotely

(and still allow direct connection to the game server using sframe)
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

As long as your have opened the telnet port in your fire-wall and router (if applicable) InstaGM can connect. What I released above is just some hours of rough work; but he can still remote connect. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old   #7

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
You should learn to use sockets instead of the Tcp-class, way better.

Also: Is it just me, or where the hell does the status-variable comes from? I'm confused...
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
you could consider the use of a vpn server and forward the telnet connection through the vpn, that way we can have a instagm tool that can operate remotely

(and still allow direct connection to the game server using sframe)
this is better for security .... allowed ip list in gs opt is not enough ..
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
Is there any difference in the featurelist of these two tools? (Except the non handled telnet responses on the TealSky tool)

TealSky Telnet Client:

Official Windows integrated CMD Telnet Client:
Yes But He Create that too easy to Beginners
Old   #10

Okay since some guys pmed me (why the hell they are asking me öÖ) i will help you all a little bit.

iSmokes (sorry I will use his correct name ) program won't work on Servers>=8.1 without modifications. I thought that the new telnet security is public but it looks like it's not.

Little how to:

1. Open your gameserver.opt
2. add the following lines:

Code:
S console.allow_ip:*.*.*.*
3. Save gameserver.opt and compress it. Restart the server and have fun.

Attention:

This will open the telnet for everyone. You should provide a password via
console._password! Since 8.1 this password is hashed too like the database pws.

Additional you have to open your telnet port in your firewall.

The console/telnet part in gameserver.opt could look like this.

Code:
S console.allow_ip:*.*.*.*
S console._password:thisisapwdeshash
S console.port: 4515
This will allow telnet connections from all ips to port 4515.

Edit:
BTW now this tool wants me to open the Database + Telnet Connection to the world??? So i have to unsecure my server to use this tool? Sorry for years we are talking to everyone keep those ports closed and now you are starting to tell everyone to open that again?

If I want it to use without dbconnection it's impossible to use it because even if i uncheck "connect on startup" it is trying to connect to my database direct at the beginning and throwing Exceptions.

And the open DB Connection for what?
Quote Ismoke in his Introduction/Readme: I found it the fastest/most simplistic method of getting Job Names + ID's in one go.
[ironic mode=on]Yeah...Since the jobs are something that is changing with every epic it is very important to load that crap directly from the database...[ironic mode=off]

Should i remind you of the end of your last server smoke? It was hacked via the database...

@iSmoke befor complaining...
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #11

Quote:
Last night I was very tired from a long day, I had thought myself that doing from db was going to cause issues. Upon suggestion I have removed the need for a DB-Connection. You will find the settings are still there as I intend to deliver "OPTIONAL" db sided commands. You can find the updated EXE here:

InstaGM v1.3 (NO DB CONN)

Or in the original post.

P.S.

If you give this tool to a GM on your server, I will not be held responsible for what happens to you! Furthermore this tool is not inherently insecure, again! If you take proper precautions such as C1ph3r mentioned above + good complex password + don't tell everyone your telnet port: you will be just fine.

P.S.S.

C1ph3r may I adapt your tips from above as extra info on the "Welcome" screen?
Do with them whatever you want

But then you should add that it is possible to add ip-masks and lists at the allow_ip parameter.

allow_ip:127.0.0.1 will only allow telnetconnection on localhost and so on.

And everyone who uses this telnet client for his gms. Be carefull you are able to read everything from the .opt files with an open telnet connection. There is no way to dissallow the execution of get_env or something like that...
Old   #12

Quote:
It started as just a test to see if I could do it, then I became interested. So now I am working towards the first fully open-source and instant gm tool (over telnet) I like to call it InstaGM. Right now it is only in beta, but should still be regarded as primarily stable. I am releasing it as a preview to keep you guys interested in it's development curve.

You will notice several major changes, but the most important are detailed below:

- I have added a "Welcome" or "First Time" screen that will give you several tips on the use of InstaGM
-- Welcome Screen Information updated (Thanks C1ph3r)
- I have added several upon several Error Handling routines
- I have placed the Log console to it's own tab for obvious reasons

While I encourage you to test and be a part of InstaGM development I still caution you that you should regard any beta software as just that - BETA!

You can find the exe here:
InstaGM v1.4.2

You can find the change-log here:
InstaGM v1.4.2 Change-Log

You can also find the Source here:
https://code.google.com/p/instagm/so...msApplication1

Screenshots:

Mentions:

Xijezu -- Your NPCEditor inspired the theme if you can't tell :P
C1ph3r -- Thanks for the inspiration to try this.
People who will use InstaGM -- Thanks for using InstaGM!

If you have any questions/concerns feel free to slide my a pm I will try to get back to you as soon as possible!
You should add a few lines to the insert_item thing...it is possible that this command will randomly insert the pet into a players inventory. Why? If the GS executes a lua or something else with these commands it will change the player handle.
Old   #13

Thanks
1 User
Old   #14

Old   #15

Hey i'm a little bit bored at the moment and i was reading through your code...are there any future plans to update this veeeeeery very simple telnet client?

At the moment it fires everything against the server without interacting with it. There are a lot of unhandled returnvalues by the telnet interface AND your security features are something to smile about but nothing more...
I will give you a little hint...get,set,suicide and a lot of more...ah and you only check if the char is in the string not the position...think about that perhaps something like #return get_value("console._password") will work do you know that it's possible to insert escaped characters into your commandtextfield?

In my opinion it's more important to upgrade the telnet client instead of adding useless functions that are implemented in x GM-Tools.

At first it was looking like something new but you tool develops to nothing more than a normal gmtool.

Oh and since there is at least the possibility of an arcadia connection add some possibility to auto-update the lits directly from database.

EDIT:

Some seconds ago I received a nice little pm by you smokey and you told me that it's impossible for you to see the unhandled telnet commands. No problem i decided to create a little screen for you that will help you to find the error.

I hope the arrow is big enough

These are bytes that are specific telnet commands and will messup your screen. if you use your own tool for a while it will cause some formatting errors like you won't see the return values of your commands anymore by working with get and set and so on.

You should look through your whole telnet code by thinking about the point that almost every command is able to return something to you!

Oh and isn't it: ._password = hashed and .password non hashed? All pws are hashed in my .opt file and they are all ._password. But i never realiced that there are two methods of providing them.

One last thing your code is a mess if you share your projects please start to add comments and other names like button1-button10 and so on. If somebody else want to change something he has to read through the complete code at first.