Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Couple of thoughts for all the servers out there

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Couple of thoughts for all the servers out there

Hey Community,

I have been playing Rappelz servers for a long time now.
It's usually this way:
- High rates and boring within moments, but awesome for as long as it lasts.
- Low rates and boring through and through.

See now what I want to do in this thread is collect thoughts from the playerbase and see what they like to see in a server. I have attempted to make a server myself, but I'm not experienced enough to get that done.

Before I begin, if anyone would feel to implement these, please PM me about it so I can implement it in this topic.

Alright, so for me these things matter:
- I like high rate servers, but not too high for obvious reasons. (x200/x250)
- I also like having to farm for something in order to achieve it.
] - This could be gear, consumables, name anything. Farm for something and trade it for gear and consumables.
] - Having pet cards supplied is no fun. Having them randomly dropped is annoying as hell too. What about a farm map with NPC's dropping their respective cards? Kinda hard to kill?
- People nowadays get their buffs way too easily. I don't support buff slaves, but it might be good to have certain pets give buffs? I know this sounds crazy, but I've once had a 7.4 server and made a Mystic Koala a buff pet. It had all the Asura, Gaia and Deva magician buffs on it.

At the moment I can't think of anything else, so this should do.
Also, if anyone experienced with private servers would be able to help me out, my Skype is jarinusg.
I would do all I can to implement most of this, but as of right now I would need help and I don't see how anyone would help someone with no knowledge so far.

Well thanks for reading and I hope some server picks something up from this. I'd love it.

Old   #2

thats why fun servers while being fun generally tend to be fly by night there one week gone the next i have been in volved with a server that was specifically a fun server he took donations but they were free will nothing to do with cashshop or pay to play advancements it was simply donate if u like for server costs or dont it doesnt affect status it didnt last long . once you hit max lvl the game looses its fun factor and everything as freebies tends to loose its challenge i dont agree with cashshops as a full reason to make a server ether a middle ground needs to be acchieved

Old   #3

I just found it ****** hilarious that 200x is "not too high".
Never change epvp, never change.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

Just an errant thought:

You don't support buffslaves (As if there's any way to prevent people from having them), and yet you want to offer an EASIER way to buffslave. Makes no sense to me at all why you would make something you don't support easier. I also haven't slept in 3 days so...

Old   #5

elite*gold: 30
guys whatahell are you talking about?
People came into middle-rated server, with nice features, almost made by advanced plan, has some main unique features, with low donations.
one troll coming there and there is happening something like
"make this and this or this on your server and youll get good server dude and ill advertise and invite players"
"x200 (for example) isnt a high rates" lol agree with Bill
"server is **** go play on another"
and whats the most funny:

make server without any donations - they will play where they must DONATE
make the most stable and balanced server - they will play where is NO BALANCE

"because rates are good".
guys. we understand economics and management even for simple couuple of percents. players dont.

@SilentBill "Never change Rappelz, never change".

solution? servers complex. great count of ppl who wants to play and then 2 ways - lowrated with low donations and highrated with high donations. one server will ride on another. "long lasting problem" solved.
p.s. even noob like me understood guys whats going on huh?
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongreldogg View Post
guys whatahell are you talking about?
People came into middle-rated server, with nice features, almost made by advanced plan, has some main unique features, with low donations.
one troll coming there and there is happening something like
"make this and this or this on your server and youll get good server dude and ill advertise and invite players"
"x200 (for example) isnt a high rates" lol agree with Bill
"server is **** go play on another"
and whats the most funny:

make server without any donations - they will play where they must DONATE
make the most stable and balanced server - they will play where is NO BALANCE

"because rates are good".
guys. we understand economics and management even for simple couuple of percents. players dont.

@SilentBill "Never change Rappelz, never change".

solution? servers complex. great count of ppl who wants to play and then 2 ways - lowrated with low donations and highrated with high donations. one server will ride on another. "long lasting problem" solved.
p.s. even noob like me understood guys whats going on huh?
oh i agree sometimes 2 servers are a good idea but as a general its just getting the first one off and lasting more then 30 days is the biggest undertaking good luck to all who make one and much success
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp66 View Post
oh i agree sometimes 2 servers are a good idea but as a general its just getting the first one off and lasting more then 30 days is the biggest undertaking good luck to all who make one and much success
yep you know, i dont appreciate very simple server management at all.
i dont like the way my elder x2000 server was working (for 8 months without wipes, now closed)
there are so many causes that could close the server btw, disbalance/overflooding by donations isnt the main cause i think.
server/servers must be intresting for big count of people. i think thats all
Old   #8

oh i agree with that too in the past i never had intrest in a public server the only one i personnely ran and maintained rappelz wise would have been the ncarbon test server that was my baby for the most part but we did have public testing quite a few times as things were developed on there before release packs im sure some rember that but not alot anymore
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp66 View Post
was my baby
how can't i understand mate=)
have another built server now and just need to rebirth my elder.
it was top 1 russian server until there are some ****** people that simply cloned very much ideas and features, most from my Mouri Kite but players saw it as concurrence and whats the most painful - there were simply no players that knew about who was the best and made all this and who just cloned and leeched. for example, Ent-buffer **** that most russian servers selling as donation reward for now, btw even if i made this **** now i hate this **** cuz its not original.
btw you know, even if im leecher too, its very funny to know people who leeches from leecher and saying that they have success and places in ****** bought tops.
i think only thats main cause of closing high rates servers - they have nothing special, only sweet rainbows painted on their promo
Old   #10

I prefer the Team Hyperion way, 2 servers, high and low rate. And everything is free to play.. but hey, I am probably a tiny bit biased.

:P
Old   #11

Received Thanks: 3,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIchigo View Post
I prefer the Team Hyperion way, 2 servers, high and low rate. And everything is free to play.. but hey, I am probably a tiny bit biased.

:P
Originally it was the "DarknessFight-way" ;p

Well, since Rappelz is basically just a grinding-game, I don't like lowrate-server. I'm okay with 75-150-rates, that'd be the best, but well, I guess I'm comparing Rappelz too much with Aion now... Shouldn't have played it...
Old   #12

The rates depend on server's buffs. With hv retail buffs + Deva blessings(buff u for 30 mins with lvl 30 or 25, not sure, huna\cleric\dm buffs) at npc - rates shouldnt be more than x50.
Atleast, players must complete master dungeon to get MC,ATLEAST or, better, all the quest line. Players must work hard to get d2 mc equips. They should not be allowed easilly solofarm cubarh,coze playing in pt is more fun. Also there must be some balance between classes (we all know,that Gala nerfed a lot of physical chars and watching only mages pvping is boring). GMFBs should cost like 30m ea.
Well,thats not everything that must be done to make game more interesting,but, actually,no1 cares. Main part of rappelz gamers atm are newbies,who never played our old rappelz to understand that game must be hard and collective to not be bored.