Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 15:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Just a couple thoughts

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Just a couple thoughts

Hey guys, long time lurker, but I don't think I've ever posted anything. I just wanted to share a couple thoughts.

I'm sort of wondering what the point of this forum really is. I've been lurking for what seems like ages, and although I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near a competent hacker/glitcher/modder, I would consider myself decent with computers. But what I've noticed is that there's a lot of releases of different mods and hacks, and a lot of questions, but no questions are really ever answered.

I mean, I understand that the veteran users who understand this stuff completely don't want to waste their time with every single poorly-written "help me wit dis plz??!" post. I get it. But there are plenty of genuine questions I've seen that just go unanswered, with the usual "Google it" or "Figure it out yourself". If the question is "What does this mod do?" (because, really, it seems every release is just a link, and really never explains much), especially for the really game-breaking ones, Googling does next to nothing. Besides, experimentation with this stuff could really mess up your computer if you don't know what you're doing.

I guess what I'm getting at is, if all the competent users refuse to actually help any new users understand this stuff, why even have a forum? It seems these "pro" guys just sit around here all day waiting for a new release so they can read all the questions and sit back going "Yeah I know how this works, but I'm never going to tell you".

Again, I get that a lot of the posts are really stupid, and people simply don't read the OP. But I read every written word, and I still don't understand half of this stuff. The only thing I've ever downloaded was a fossil restoration mod. The rest, I either didn't understand, or felt asking for assistance would get me absolutely nowhere.

I have a really large interest in stuff like this - at least in theory. Again, I'm no codehead programmer, but I can appreciate people wanting to push the limits of the game, and test the exploits to see what they can do. That's all really interesting to me. I'd love to get into it, if I thought there was a helpful community. There's not, though. So maybe just get rid of the forum, 'cause it really serves no purpose other than giving these veteran hackers a boner off refusing newbies help. Maybe just make a blank page with links to new mods.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

Maybe the so-called veteran hackers learned this stuff on their own and learned it the hard way rather than having everything handed to them. Maybe they want these noobs to learn it the hard way because it's more beneficial. Or maybe everyone likes to troll every once in while.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer951 View Post
Maybe the so-called veteran hackers learned this stuff on their own and learned it the hard way rather than having everything handed to them. Maybe they want these noobs to learn it the hard way because it's more beneficial. Or maybe everyone likes to troll every once in while.
I get that. But it's a forum. The goal is to, y'know... talk to people, help people out, share ideas, etc. Not wait for releases and then compare e-penises and brag about how you "learned it the hard way". I know people shouldn't have everything handed to them, but there's seriously like ZERO support whatsoever, even to people who would be willing to learn. That's what is so curious.
Old   #4

You can't say there is zero support it's just the bare minimum... I mean it gets old when 100 ppl are all asking the same question...

Old   #5

I liked you better when you lurked, and didn't post about your imaginary consequences of using mods incorrectly.
Old   #6

#Closed.
Absolutely, not beneficial in anyway. Go back to your twittering, facespace or mybook if you want people to pretend to be interested in what you have to say.

Closed Thread