Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The 8.1 P-Servers

Discussion on The 8.1 P-Servers within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 01/03/2013, 11:41   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Wait, I'm not able to get the 8.1 GS? Challenge Accpeted!

Wait, Gavsta stole the files?
Please, remember 2 things:
- I/We released the Files on elitePvPers
- I gave Gavsta those files, he didn't stole them, lol

Wait, you want to rebuild the Telecaster from the pdb for an emulator?
If you write an emulator (an own Gameserver) you can use a completely different layout of the database, so no need to rebuild it.
The only thing you really need is the Arcadia-stuff, and this is, like cipher said, already done.
lol xijezu ? you are still alive ? XD

thx for the information
Old 01/03/2013, 12:10   #17

Received Thanks: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2010 View Post
lol xijezu ? you are still alive ? XD

thx for the information
Aion Server Maintenance
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/03/2013, 14:11   #18

Quote:
If you write an emulator (an own Gameserver) you can use a completely different layout of the database, so no need to rebuild it.
It's true but for that you must rewrite a full client too because as i know you can't change the packet sending by it.(excepted by hand and not into sframe).

And for the moment excepted glandu who have done a good work about that... I didn't see any other things

But maybe if i'm wrong glandu just missing the UI for client but he released some precious information about 3d format. But for the moment is out of my knowledge and my time... ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/03/2013, 17:19   #19

Received Thanks: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4ph0s View Post
It's true but for that you must rewrite a full client too because as i know you can't change the packet sending by it.(excepted by hand and not into sframe).

And for the moment excepted glandu who have done a good work about that... I didn't see any other things

But maybe if i'm wrong glandu just missing the UI for client but he released some precious information about 3d format. But for the moment is out of my knowledge and my time... ^^
Wrong. The Client doesn't has any way to access to the database, it just can send those packets to the gameserver - Means the gameserver has to do the Database-Part.
And this means, you can use a completely different database-layout, if you want to. You only have to create an Emu then, so the gs can use this layout.
Old 01/03/2013, 19:06   #20

Quote:
it just can send those packets to the gameserver -

Yes but as I suppose i'm not sure but you can't manage data packets format but you are right You can but for the moment I agree with c1ph3r about DB
Old 01/04/2013, 20:02   #21

I wonder if using a sort of plugin that would filter the server's packets to manage only 8.1 new features would be easier to implement than a full server (and probably with less performance loss)

The new features are only title and the arena ? Arena shoud be implementable using worldlocation i think, using protected zone at respawn, and zone like in the pvp-only zone (don't know the official english name, it's were we don't have to be in duel or pk mode to kill someone). And if needed, some lua stuff.

Title require external processing i think, or by injecting code inside the original server. Using new special buffs could emulate the stats boost, maybe using lua as well
Old 01/05/2013, 08:57   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
I wonder if using a sort of plugin that would filter the server's packets to manage only 8.1 new features would be easier to implement than a full server (and probably with less performance loss)

The new features are only title and the arena ? Arena shoud be implementable using worldlocation i think, using protected zone at respawn, and zone like in the pvp-only zone (don't know the official english name, it's were we don't have to be in duel or pk mode to kill someone). And if needed, some lua stuff.

Title require external processing i think, or by injecting code inside the original server. Using new special buffs could emulate the stats boost, maybe using lua as well
Only if you want to display the titles there is a need of injections. otherwise .lua is enough.

Arena is difficult because as far as i know there is no pvptype for groupduells. And if you want to 'rebuild' the whole "winner-loser" thing + arena points. In my opinion the arena is the hardest part. But never checked all of the worldlocation types, perhaps there is something which will fit. But there is no way to get the winner of a duell, isn't it?

Titles are easy. Almost every "start_functions" to give a title could be placed in questresource. Titles could be given by flags. On_login, On_death ... to give the additional stats via Buff. Only Problem are the arena's or pvp zones which will remove every buff but you can use eventareas in the "spawn points" to get this fixed.
Old 01/05/2013, 12:03   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
Arena is difficult because as far as i know there is no pvptype for groupduells.
TA in dungeon are not groupduells?
Old 01/05/2013, 13:55   #24

Quote:
i think that's right
Old 01/07/2013, 09:43   #25

Quote:
There are and i tried it out exactly on that way (mentioned that somewhere in another thread on epvp) but you have to integrate everything into the siedge system and at the moment there are a lot of problems for me. because you have to insert a lot of data into the telecaster database to get an arena which is enterable for guildless people etc .

Whole siedge system normally only works for guilds, special groups and timed and and and
Old 01/07/2013, 13:32   #26

Received Thanks: 2,458
Messing with anything on Rappelz has a lot of and this and that and those and these and them lolol