Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[ RELEASE ] DBO.ACCOUNTS QUICK EDITOR

Discussion on [ RELEASE ] DBO.ACCOUNTS QUICK EDITOR within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 01/04/2013, 15:42   #31

elite*gold: 0
Auto-updating does not require admin right but well, without manifest, the user has the possibility to give or not admin right to his application if needed (if he placed his program in a read-only folder for example), that's not a bad point.

I don't know about Oneclick, but typically, an auto-updating feature is made with a second program that downloads and write the updated program over the old one. the updater is either shipped with the main program, or written by the main program when update is required. If i remember right, it's the way Firefox do
Old 01/04/2013, 16:21   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
Auto-updating does not require admin right but well, without manifest, the user has the possibility to give or not admin right to his application if needed (if he placed his program in a read-only folder for example), that's not a bad point.

I don't know about Oneclick, but typically, an auto-updating feature is made with a second program that downloads and write the updated program over the old one. the updater is either shipped with the main program, or written by the main program when update is required. If i remember right, it's the way Firefox do
Yes, but since his exe's are usually one file, with no other file, and they do not create or download and deploy a second executable, I can only assume it uses ClickOnce or something the like. As I said, Clickonce will not work on a solution with an app manifest that requires admin rights in execution level. In any case, what's done is done. Marek made it very clear in the original post that he suggests running as admin. If anyone has an issue with it, they can run it without admin rights or, better yet, not run it at all. Wise words of the chinese bloke at the liquor down the road:
"No like, no buy!"

Anyway, thanks Glandu and Marek for all your contributions.
Old 01/04/2013, 16:29   #33

Honk honk. No ClickOnce
Old 01/05/2013, 08:44   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekrndr View Post
Honk honk. No ClickOnce
Quiet you! I'm trying to give reasons for why you MAY have done it. Back me up you *******!