Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Im just curios....

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,007
Im just curios....

...if someone got it working to edit the Monster.rdb, or better said Full SQL -> rdb

If not, i┤m happy to discuss these Thing┤s .

And if needed, i would show how i read the Monster.rdb in C#.

Old   #2

bump... ur now palm reader ^^

Old   #3

Ok, it seems no one got it, or want to discuss about it.
Old   #4

Hooowww yeeeaaaahhhh raskim is alive

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

What part are you stuck on? I am assuming it's converting the server-side id to client-side id. If so, hit me up on skype and I'll show you how to convert them.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrok View Post
What part are you stuck on? I am assuming it's converting the server-side id to client-side id. If so, hit me up on skype and I'll show you how to convert them.
Exactly this. ÷.÷

All other is the easy part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4ph0s View Post
Owww yeah!
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4ph0s View Post
Yes... raskim is back... I have my protective gear on...

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Old   #8

i have got the convertion between sql and rdb working, both directions, information about how to convert server and client-side ids are in the pdb (a global array that tell how to switch bits) but i was too slow at answering, Pyrok will tell you how to do that

(ot: the need for the client to search into these database itself (rdb file) (as a sql server would do) could be the cause of some lag ? I find the client somewhat laggy when receiving inventory update (especially when opening the warehouse or connecting a character with many items in his inventory))
Thanks
1 User
Old   #9

server-client syncronise....will always be something to tweak....but since is about an update items...is taking a while, and i dont think is from syncronisation, more over is the sql server (cores/ram) to complete the process/ process priority over other functions.

chill read
Old   #10

Rappelz section just came back to life.

come on Skype, Albedaia would love to discuss this with you .
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin21k View Post
server-client syncronise....will always be something to tweak....but since is about an update items...is taking a while, and i dont think is from syncronisation, more over is the sql server (cores/ram) to complete the process/ process priority over other functions.

chill read
I was thinking more about a client-side lag, the server just has to send inventory packets, and when a sin attacks me, i massively lag and when filtering these packets, i have no lag at all (i talk also about official ones and was thinking about the possible overoverhead that rdb could cause)
Old   #12

a good test for this was an Rappelz clientinstall on a Ramdisk then you can comment out hardwareproblems^^ such like this amount of reading from a HD everytime if the client need icons and what ever. Dont sure at the moment but for me when iam run Rappelz the max of Ram used is 1,5gb, it means they have a really bad cachemanagement^^ other thing is they use 90%+ cpu resources of 1 core and minimal gpu.
If you have a quadcore with 4x2,3Ghz they dont work better as an Dualcore with 2x 3Ghz on Rappelz.
Old   #13

process explorer report no hdd use when openning wharehouse (nor network use, juste 20kb sometimes, but mostly 0) i think rappelz read all rdb files in memory before showing login screen

the rappelz client is really badly coded i think, i does not cache at all rdb queries i think, reopenning the wharehouse takes the same time
Old   #14

ok so from what you saying...if the lag come from loading into memory it will require same time when there are 10 player on server, or 300 players cuz will only send that 20 kb u refer...ofc the time is a bit longer if server a bit busy..but well..20 kb is a low request.
i agree is bad coded..is 2006 and they didnt bother to evolve...just fixed what they dont need/added more and followed same schema.
i dont realy know why you wanna discuss about it, cuz obvios wont get files bigger soon so you can have a better game experience. no is a free client.
and in same time it wont look better cuz online games are sticked to 15k poligons.

as for main threat...isnt too earlier to discuss?...kts is still under development and why bother when 90% threats are for "i cant start server"
Old   #15

Received Thanks: 1,154
I know this thread is old and almost dead but i want to add a few words for everyone who will fight with these f***** up rdb<->sql monster_ids.

You will get 80% of the conversion in about 5 minutes by simply comparing the bits of client id and serverside id. It's easy and you won't need a big knowledge about programming to do this.

(I never thought about that way but i tried it out a couple of days ago because i couldn't find the switching array anymore)

Perhaps this will help somebody.

Example:

ID in MonsterResource=1 to binary = 1
ID in db_monster.rdb=8 to binary = 1000

Means first bit will be the switched with the fourth bit.

Now we should compare the serversided 2 with the client pendant to get the switchingpartner for the second bit. You have to do this till you get all of the 32 bits. (It will be a little bit difficult to get the last bits but you won't need them)