Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Create a city

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
wrong, nfm are encrypted.
nfm files are just like dds pices of a puzzle , and if u look it just 1 second it got nflavor map as header. in same time there are manny locations, and each one have 10 small pieces (is a default map terrain picture in client )
no need to get a tool, delphi 8+ can open them but no such an map/terrain cuz obvios still encrypted, and no model in there.
and since i didnt found as plugin an nfm i think they used other software than xsi. (structure,mesh/animation im sure been build in xsi)
still need to figure it out wich soft they used to create map structure and same like xsi used an export plugin to save an nfm.

Old   #17

Hmm... I still don't think it's encrypted...

It could just be partially encrypted, but I doubt so since alot of the files are either completely encrypted or not encrypted.

Reason why I don't think it's encrypted is because there are ordered structures in the nfm files. Unless they use a very simple encryption (which is possible), it being encrypted is at best partial.

What I said earlier is still not wrong. nfm stands for nFlavor Map which is a proprietary format with software that nFlavor/Gala-Labs made. If you have that software, you can open the map files and create your own maps.

What you said is right though katalin21k. The map files are tiled pieces as is the overhead maps.

Old   #18

well yes they are encrypted and the format .nfm .nfs ... is just a name , i'm sure that the program that they are using is some public program with a custom editings for encrypting

like cob files ,i found a program that it has something to do with them , but it can't open them because the cob of rappelz wich is encrypted isn't like the cob of the program wich is not

if i remmember right captain herlock you said you have some original files or i don't know what **** are you talking about if those are real there are plenty 3d scripters that i know that can make a tool for this , but you are just trolling around
Old   #19

I wasn't trolling. I said the truth. Sorry though, I totally forgot you asked for them.

I posted them in this thread though.

Old   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouad1979 View Post
well yes they are encrypted and the format .nfm .nfs ... is just a name , i'm sure that the program that they are using is some public program with a custom editings for encrypting

like cob files ,i found a program that it has something to do with them , but it can't open them because the cob of rappelz wich is encrypted isn't like the cob of the program wich is not
All files used by Rappelz (epic 7+ at least) except tga, dds, jpg, png, txt, ini and maybe others are proprietary formats. You cannot open these files without programs made specially by Gala-net, even if extension is known by google

In the client dds, cob, naf, nx3, nfm, tga files are non encrypted, others are encrypted with a simple algorithm using XOR with a 256 bytes key

if the file contain strings, it is not encrypted
.nfs begin with "nFlavor Script" and .nfm "nFlavor Map"

in the resource/newmap folder of my 6.1 server, all .nf* files are non encrypted
Old   #21

lol i know that smart guy + i can open them without gala's programs + nf* files are encrypted and am 100 percent sure that they are
Old   #22

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
Quote:
lol i know that smart guy + i can open them without gala's programs + nf* files are encrypted and am 100 percent sure that they are
Except the nfm-file I know the structure of the nf*-Files, those aren't encrypted, you just have to know their structure.
Old   #23

Quote:
Insulting us won't get you anywhere.

Opening them in NotePad isn't going to get you anywhere either!

As Xijesu said, all the .nf* files are not encrypted. A special program reads them that was developed by nFlavor/Gala-Labs. If you don't believe us, open any executable file in NotePad and you'll see the binary structure of the file. It looks encrypted, it just isn't because you can't read binary>ascii data.

Either you can program that program yourself or get it from the source. We can't fart one out.
Old   #24

if you open these file, you will see many 32bits integer and 32 bits float, in the few files i have opened, integers and floats were in block of 23bytes., some 0xFFFFFFFF was in nfm files, that's these FF* that clearly show 23 bytes block, they also probably mean a "-1", many closes integers, maby IDs of something in a table in database, i didn't go further.

these file seems to be more easy to understand than those related to 3d models ^^
Old   #25

first of all i didn't insult anyone + i didn't say that i can open them when i said that i refered to rdb files alright , about if they are encrypted or not am not a very expert in those things but i said about the cob files are the ones that are encrypted in a way or maybe not , there are that program truescape and one thing i know is that truescape doesn't use a default texture as the others (3ds max use grey) and if you noticed that the dds files if they were not found it will be transparent unlike some other games if it didn't find the texture file it will automatically put it grey
why i was 100 sure that they nf* files are encrypted ? the answer is that the nfs files are script files those files should contain somethings like the lightning informations and shadow informations

i think working with the cob and nx3 files first are better
Old   #26

Well if you want to go that direction think about what is needed in a model file. You need texture information, vertex information, draw distance information, LOD information, etc.

I won't go into detail how complex that starts becoming...
Old   #27

I can tell you that none of the files are encrypted after being dumped. They are in a format specific to rappelz but that is very common, almost all games use custom formats. NFS files contain the spawn information for mobs, it's a pretty easy format to figure out. I keep meaning to release all the file formats I've reversed since I'm no longer working on this game but haven't had the time to do so. One of these days I'll get around to it..

No, I haven't reversed the nfm files nor any of the model files since I didn't need them for the emu.