Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

DarknessFight

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
I just want to put my two cents in before this topic closes.

You guys need to realize that Rappelz has a very small bank of developers working for it. And you also must know that everytime you run an update you create 2 bugs for every 1 bug that existed before. It doesn't have the same support for it that these other games do, be happy that you have what you do, be grateful, and give thanks.

I've played on DK-F for a little while now, not since they started but during the REALLY LAGGY 6.2 stage. I didn't complain, I was happy to play.

Two things I notice: When I'm on the high rate server, I see complaints, from lots of people. When I'm on the low rate server, everyone is peaceful, calm, and helpful.

In conclusion, all of you people that cannot form at least semi complete sentences, are all from high rate, and probably have the maturity of a 9 year old. (I think my husband is as mature as a 5 year old sometimes, no big deal)

All I can say really, is just that I've been in the private server community for a LONG time, ever since the first WoW pserver. I was part of the staff of the #1 Server before it vanished for good, we got DMCA noticed, admin got scared. This was a big community that just vanished, and I still miss that. I like the DKF community, It's comparable to the WoW one I was part of. Only that WoW had a bunch more tweens.

I feel that the staff at DK-F are very competent. For one, they have a dedi, from the sounds of it, they have more than one. Do you even know how much a dedi costs? Don't complain about donations. It's necessary, believe me.

Ending note: If you don't have the knowledge, even just a little, to know what programming is, how a server runs, and what kinds of problems can ensue, I think you should keep your mouth shut. Go download the server files, they are here on the forums. There's a guide to help you through it. Then open your rappelz client, and play in your own little sandbox, and when you're done with that, and you get bored, don't come crying to me that you couldn't wait, and help the staff by being patient. Yes I know, the forums are down, get over it.

Thanks
9 Users
Old   #32

thank you +2000 to Ariella...

what's worse is that most of the complainers don't even use proper English... it's like, at least do it so people can actually understand what they are saying...

Old   #33

They won't listen/read it, they never do like many have said, they just simply don't have a clue.
Old   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkm125 View Post
sorry xijezu me i agree with piter12505 now server crash all the time ( party hard mod) crash ( quest ) crash very bad
A powerfull argument.

edit: Lol. Sad people like you even bother commenting.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #35

As I have already stated, As have many others, including xij and tama. This server is in ALPHA STAGE, so it crashes, and has bugs. If you don't like it, find somewhere else to play, quite frankly. I am pretty sure the rest of us wouldn't mind playing without lag, and all of those whining players. In addition to being alpha stage, there's these $*@($#@# "Developers" that keep trying to D-DoS DK-F. Do you know what that means?

It floods the internet traffic, so that the server gets slower, and slower, and slower, until eventually it shuts down. Kindof like cars on the highway during rush hour in big cities. Got it?

Okay, good. It's not Xij, or anyone else's fault that this has happened. Someone had a bigger e-peen than Xij, and decided to maul the **** out of his beautiful server.

What I'm going to do, is play another game and check back frequently to see how dk-f is doing. I suggest you all do the same. And Xij, if you're reading this, I am very sorry that you have to deal with this. I know what it's like, eventually it gets tiring. I hope that you and the rest of the devs can make it through this without getting burned out. Good luck devs, I hope to see you all ingame soon.

Tami- Behe.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #36

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariella View Post
As I have already stated, As have many others, including xij and tama. This server is in ALPHA STAGE, so it crashes, and has bugs. If you don't like it, find somewhere else to play, quite frankly. I am pretty sure the rest of us wouldn't mind playing without lag, and all of those whining players. In addition to being alpha stage, there's these $*@($#@# "Developers" that keep trying to D-DoS DK-F. Do you know what that means?

It floods the internet traffic, so that the server gets slower, and slower, and slower, until eventually it shuts down. Kindof like cars on the highway during rush hour in big cities. Got it?

Okay, good. It's not Xij, or anyone else's fault that this has happened. Someone had a bigger e-peen than Xij, and decided to maul the crap out of his beautiful server.

What I'm going to do, is play another game and check back frequently to see how dk-f is doing. I suggest you all do the same. And Xij, if you're reading this, I am very sorry that you have to deal with this. I know what it's like, eventually it gets tiring. I hope that you and the rest of the devs can make it through this without getting burned out. Good luck devs, I hope to see you all ingame soon.

Tami- Behe.
Great stuff, Ariella!

And the DF team, devs and xij are more than able to get through this i think . Too smart to be bothered heavily by this crap. * believe mode-on *

Again, great stuff, coulden't agree more. And i know nothing of coding, except the complex and a few bits here and there . Kudos!
Thanks
1 User
Old   #37

I suggest that Ariella's post be stickied and all whiner posts be redirected to it. ;-)
Old   #38

Honestly all that need's done is one of the team members need to go on facebook (since it's the last remaining contact for DF) and post an update about the DDoS and looking for a new host. I think it was Dave (or Tamashi) who brought it up in last spam thread but it hasn't been posted as a main post there so people just can't be bothered to read 800 flame posts to find the news (so they just add there own flame post).

Plain and simple, make sure all team members have access to the 1 source of information for the players and post what you know, honestly that's all some of the people want (is to know they are looking for a new host, should be down a few days but after DDoS won't be a problem), but it seems hard to get since the 7.3 update. Also, flamers are gonna flame, theres no stopping them unless you can talk there mommy into giving them more attention so don't bother.

Edit: I am on Xij's side and won't leave DF no matter how long it takes to get up and running. For the people who don't agree and do leave? Oh well they won't be missed.
Old   #39

pwned
Old   #40

read first post, IWillTearYou say : DF we killed .. For the most part it worked .. I'm on it, even connection does not go, the site does not work .. Hiking pipets they are even machine
Old   #41

funny thats not the reason were down but if it makes them sleep better at night truth is there flooding an empty server were actly working on the crash's right now and switching hosts very soon for now its only local
Thanks
5 Users
Old   #42

Wisp, what's so funny about making your players/donators wait 3 days to get news from the team as to what's going on? No offense as I said before you guys run a great server but as for keeping players informed you guys have failed hard lately. So you can't blame people for saying its this or that because for 3 days the only news we got was from other players.

Edit: If anyone thinks this is flaming your crazy, it's constructive critism. DF is and always will be my #1 place to play rappelz end of story. Just think that if someone knows it's going to be days until any progress is made on getting the server on they should let the 500 people who are checking every hour know.
Old   #43

For this i agree, we need to be informed even if there is only a few words to say...
The Facebook DF page must be refreshed more frequently, or in fact no, must be faster refreshed when there is a server crash during since one day, for example.
The flames in their comments don't even need to be mentioned, it's so useless to mention the life of dumb guys.

I wish you gl with DDoS and some other things Never give up about your tools

By the way, i would thanks you for to be the first server to allow MC/TP quest, i did them and really enjoyed them.

michelt.
Old   #44

your right about saying the server is ****... no challenge what so ever on anything.
Old   #45

I did a little investigating, kiddos. I spent the time to d/l and register for shiva. I played it, and I think it's 7.1 but, probably using the same source files creating this issue. The auth server bug that says your account is already logged in. They have that too. Just goes to show you, that these things take time. This kind of bug, I can't imagine how to fix it.

I'm glad to hear that the server is empty wisp, that makes me uber super happy. :P Those f-tards got pwned. Sweet.