Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Darkness Fight Under Attack

Closed Thread

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
i still don't know why it's take so long to fix that f*king DDos

Old   #32

Cause they can't fix it.
Try to use a phone in a disco: You won't understand the one you are trying to call unless the DJ is helping you.

Tipp: DJ = Host. The host don't want to help DF

Thanks
4 Users
Old   #33

So why not change hosts?
Old   #34

Needs time. You can't just cancel your old host in 1 day and you won't get a server in 1 day.

Old   #35

i know
Old   #36

I know that Xij and his team do their best to get server back online again

Just want to say me and many other's appreciate your efforts
Old   #37

selfish behind these attacks, as long as it doesn't break your driving ... You have requested to everyone in a timely manner, now you everyone files and store files of selfishness has shared. As a result of these attacks, you exposed ..

eventually someone will quit and files, ncarbon do this stupid share files? No ncarbon to the community served, this head and a conclusion reached can not at all
Old   #38

The Black Market: 129/0/0
Received Thanks: 4,859
I´ll keep it open, until the server goes online again.
It makes sense, unless there´s too much OT. [...]
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #39

Received Thanks: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaderebak View Post
selfish behind these attacks, as long as it doesn't break your driving ... You have requested to everyone in a timely manner, now you everyone files and store files of selfishness has shared. As a result of these attacks, you exposed ..

eventually someone will quit and files, ncarbon do this stupid share files? No ncarbon to the community served, this head and a conclusion reached can not at all
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

They can attack us, how long they want. They will not get these Files.

And Kadebarak, we dont need wannabe´s here, wich can only leech.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #40

i say thanks to the all mebers of the DF Team to spend there time to give us the server to play
thanks so much
holytower
Old   #41

LOL you guys should start using a DDoS shield it's not expensive
Old   #42

A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer or network resource unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out, motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists of the concerted efforts of a person, or multiple people to prevent an Internet site or service from functioning efficiently or at all, temporarily or indefinitely. Perpetrators of DoS attacks typically target sites or services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card payment gateways, and even root nameservers. The term is generally used relating to computer networks, but is not limited to this field; for example, it is also used in reference to CPU resource management.

Ddos atack types: icmp flood/syn flood/teardrop/low rate ddos/p2p atacks.
There are a lot of reasons why ddos atacks cant be filtred:
1 there is no filter for something that is valid.
2 n+1 bit wont ever fit into an "n" bandswich
3 as long it exist ip spoofing no isp fil filter the source
4. hardware firewall like "established&related" will keep the connection alive for a short time,and after ALL valid connection will be cut.

What you can do to prevent ddos atacks?:

1 build an iptable to prevent atacks (this need be extremly well created)
2 talk with hoster for a fast reaction when atacks starts.

1gb/s connection to andedicated server is nothing compared to 30-40 gb/s atacks ..and NO1 can handle that ammount on active patch or the exploatation costs.

an hardware firewall got 2 impotant parameters PPS and Throughtput (besides the other algoritms) and thouse 2 are limited like all things on this world. An CleanPipes for an 1gb/s is arround 30k usd (maybe price dumped du time).

So thequestion is like:

What is untill the firewall true channel, how manny swiches, how manny routers,how manny human resources involved,whats the reaction time? what do you say?

In same time maybe you say i cut off all the external connection and check the log files for backtrack . But do you think that some1 send ddos atack is stupid?
dont you think he use root+bounce+root+proxy ??? (and i mean l1/l2 proxy)
You cant do nothing when your log files are written with 30 lines/second
In same time an hardware firewall handle 12 mil threats but what you do when they are like 18 mil/30 mil, nothing can save you :P

Another solution is to keep server on linux..oh well ... to send ddos atacks to linux is hard..(linux to linux) but is not impossible . ask anonymus

In conclusion if you run an open server you need to handle with ddos. In same time you need to stop been an ashole cuz "always some1 better than you" and you can upset some1 who can take care of you. Be nice, dont offend users, be frendly and stop the show off.

ps: for Marcel maybe an apologyse will be enought for the atacks to stop... but that depends only on your human behavior.
Old   #43

Received Thanks: 1,007
For what?

For showing our Progress what will be avaible in Darknessfight soon? Ha Ha, ymmd.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin21k View Post
A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer or network resource unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out, motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists of the concerted efforts of a person, or multiple people to prevent an Internet site or service from functioning efficiently or at all, temporarily or indefinitely. Perpetrators of DoS attacks typically target sites or services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card payment gateways, and even root nameservers. The term is generally used relating to computer networks, but is not limited to this field; for example, it is also used in reference to CPU resource management.

Ddos atack types: icmp flood/syn flood/teardrop/low rate ddos/p2p atacks.
There are a lot of reasons why ddos atacks cant be filtred:
1 there is no filter for something that is valid.
2 n+1 bit wont ever fit into an "n" bandswich
3 as long it exist ip spoofing no isp fil filter the source
4. hardware firewall like "established&related" will keep the connection alive for a short time,and after ALL valid connection will be cut.

What you can do to prevent ddos atacks?:

1 build an iptable to prevent atacks (this need be extremly well created)
2 talk with hoster for a fast reaction when atacks starts.

1gb/s connection to andedicated server is nothing compared to 30-40 gb/s atacks ..and NO1 can handle that ammount on active patch or the exploatation costs.

an hardware firewall got 2 impotant parameters PPS and Throughtput (besides the other algoritms) and thouse 2 are limited like all things on this world. An CleanPipes for an 1gb/s is arround 30k usd (maybe price dumped du time).

So thequestion is like:

What is untill the firewall true channel, how manny swiches, how manny routers,how manny human resources involved,whats the reaction time? what do you say?

In same time maybe you say i cut off all the external connection and check the log files for backtrack . But do you think that some1 send ddos atack is stupid?
dont you think he use root+bounce+root+proxy ??? (and i mean l1/l2 proxy)
You cant do nothing when your log files are written with 30 lines/second
In same time an hardware firewall handle 12 mil threats but what you do when they are like 18 mil/30 mil, nothing can save you :P

Another solution is to keep server on linux..oh well ... to send ddos atacks to linux is hard..(linux to linux) but is not impossible . ask anonymus

In conclusion if you run an open server you need to handle with ddos. In same time you need to stop been an ashole cuz "always some1 better than you" and you can upset some1 who can take care of you. Be nice, dont offend users, be frendly and stop the show off.

ps: for Marcel maybe an apologyse will be enought for the atacks to stop... but that depends only on your human behavior.
is it u who is attacking Darknessfight?????
Old   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraad5 View Post
is it u who is attacking Darknessfight?????
is it you who's missing a brain??????

see the stupidity of both our comments?

Closed Thread