Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

W.I.P - Epic 4

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
W.I.P - Epic 4

Some time ago I had the idea to get a running epic 4 server, just for fun and for those who'd love to play the good old rappelz again. I did some research and found lotsa useful stuff like a old closed beta client, several epic 3 and 4 clients - perfect source for my project. We already got many things working like they did in good old times.

Here is our current progress:
  • modified several parts of the official epic 4 client to grant compatibility with the latest stable gameserver aviable (using the arcadia repack 1.3)
  • fixed several packets and routines to get the old sframe working with 6.X gameservers
  • restored like 80% of the old database structure out of given files (not the data itself)
  • blah - we have a advanced changelog aviable for those who are interested in hosting a epic 4 server later on

The current files allow you to do almost everything, we still have to fix everything which is content related like quests, drops, strings, items, dungeons ect.

So whats the point? We (yes I have a small team behind this) currently look for people who played epic 4 on the official servers. This is important to get a idea of how the old gameplay was such as exp, leveling, droprate, tamerate ect. We want to make this as authentical as possible.

You can send applications for the beta test to:

You can also simply send me a private message. Accepted people will get teamspeak/skype datas for further communication.

This project will become open source when its finished. And yes, it is almost real open source since you can decompile most of the epic 4 client files such as the good old sframe.

Thanks
8 Users
Old   #2

hmm.. i wonder if the database still has the epic3 creature skills, ex. tortus had the shield buff it could give to any player on team, pant had atk, and poultry acc

Old   #3

The skills were in e4 aswell. It wasn't untill e5 that they redid the pet skill trees.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

Yep, we can re-do most of the olt content from the old clients. We just need a few people which actually played back in that time to get a epic 4 like balancing on the current database. This still includes almost everything, exp from like all mobs, drops, party exp, drops from dungeons ect.

Old   #5

back2 the roots
i remember alot of stuff like pet skills, evry pet has extremly different skills, like sirens whipe, yetis aoe freeze, skelly aoe fear,
rawr epic 4 *-*

EDIT:

look what i found, i hope its usefull..if it is, thanks to me
epic4 pet skills :
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriuso View Post
back2 the roots
i remember alot of stuff like pet skills, evry pet has extremly different skills, like sirens whipe, yetis aoe freeze, skelly aoe fear,
rawr epic 4 *-*

EDIT:

look what i found, i hope its usefull..if it is, thanks to me
epic4 pet skills :
It is. Now we can compare those with the client-sided data and fix them for our database. Thanks
Old   #7

Awesome Project. I started in E4 but i was like R1-R2 back then, so I can't help you that much. But In got some friends, maybe theyll join the server and give some feedback
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxti View Post
Awesome Project.
ur right!!1
@battlechan, any updates? ,.. sry that pushys
Old   #9

Good luck with this as i feel that the korean devs lost their way after epic 5 was released, Oldskool Rappelz,certainly for me, was the most fun, I hate the pet generic skill types feel after epic 4, i'm sure others feel the same too.
Old   #10

Yes, we made some progress since I asked for beta testers. We received something about 42 applications so far which means we can start the first closed tests soon. We already found a host which fits our requirements. The first closed beta test will probably start at 02.04.2011 (Our host is payed from the first of april, just in case people think this is a april fool or something).

The current database progress is something about 90%, most of the balance changes are applied. Our media designer currently works on a preview/trailer which will be online in two or three days, depends on his free time.

Applications for closed beta testing are still open, just check the e-mails above. I will also add all the people who gave me their skype adresses as soon as possible. (Busy with league of legends atm )
Old   #11

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

should be a e4 pic... i guess. So long ago *sniff*
Old   #12

That's epic 5 in epic 4 pets didn't have unities.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #13

Yep you are right. Was at the beginning of e5 then. Got that pantera and evolved it without OB back then since i didn't know and i wanted to have that awesome woundlick skill

#picture replaced.

Back then I disabled the exp messages. Those would've been interessting i guess.
Old   #14

I don't think i have any pics that have creature skills in them from e4 i was still a nub back then i started about half way into e4 :P
Old   #15

lol I just asked a gm from officials if theres any way to get some data like droprates and dungeon exp from older epics like epic 4. I'd need that for a wiki-like statistic site.

Lets see if they take my lie, lol.

Thanks
1 User