Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

W.I.P - Epic 4

Discussion on W.I.P - Epic 4 within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 03/19/2012, 09:38   #16

elite*gold: 0
i think this guys on this vid had an pserv for theyr own,...years ago. may you can get some contacts with them ^^
Old 03/20/2012, 11:56   #17

I guess that was on KTS or something....
Old 03/20/2012, 12:17   #18

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 2,282
In Epic 4 Times had US an Testserver for some Weeks(I'm not 100% sure)
Old 03/20/2012, 13:42   #19

US servers has Test server for epic 5 when WD came out.
Old 03/20/2012, 14:31   #20

i remember test server when cerbs came out.

a mix from epic4 and some features (like skillbar) from the lates epic would be the best rappelz ever played....in my opinions
Old 03/20/2012, 19:48   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriuso View Post
i remember test server when cerbs came out.

a mix from epic4 and some features (like skillbar) from the lates epic would be the best rappelz ever played....in my opinions
Completely agree with this... I prefer the weaker dungeon mobs from epic 4 because of the ability to solo and kill as a team... Also, as a team... pulling LOADS of mobs at the same time was just the most fun ever

Changes I suggest: Extra skill bars as chriuso said
AoE buffs... Self explanatory I hope
Maybe a little increase in mp regen as this did
get annoying in epic 4 :/
And maybe add some of the epic 5/6 pets... (not 100% sure
with this one)
Old 03/20/2012, 20:10   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn12444 View Post
Completely agree with this... I prefer the weaker dungeon mobs from epic 4 because of the ability to solo and kill as a team... Also, as a team... pulling LOADS of mobs at the same time was just the most fun ever

the characters got buffed up, alongside the pets.. thats why they also buffed up the dungeon mobs because people could easily solo their way through with a HLP (115 yeti would be more than enough)...

weaker dungeon mobs would also require weaker base stats.. or no additional buffs aside from HV and what players have...

Changes I suggest: Extra skill bars as chriuso said

I do agree on the skillbars, if that somehow would be possible to have it would indeed be great, but nothing that would require BS's team to overwork themselfs

AoE buffs... Self explanatory I hope

Maybe a little increase in mp regen as this did
get annoying in epic 4 :/

this would also be greatly disadvantage for some classes out there PVP-wise take example champ... his full combo cannot be executed without having int rings on and atleast +3 cards on all skills, and even then he still needs mp food/pots

And maybe add some of the epic 5/6 pets... (not 100% sure with this one)

since epic3/4 were the most balanced epics, I think adding some epic6 pets like genie/ifrit/DT will totally ruin the balance
just my 2 cents
Old 03/20/2012, 21:28   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizoku801 View Post
just my 2 cents
You got this exactly right!
Old 03/20/2012, 21:57   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizoku801 View Post
just my 2 cents
Nothing to add here. Im not sure if we'll use aoe-buffs or single target buffing then. For the content we'll never copy something from epic 5 and above. If you want to explore stuff like that, they are many other server which offer it. But that doesnt mean that we will never get any new content. We had the idea to include things which got never finished by galalab, like the forest pixie (which is a great support pet btw) or even the ent as pet. We'll see.
Old 03/20/2012, 22:27   #25

Just one Question: What about the Servermapfiles? Do you just work with the E6 ones (i don't get the point of them anyway...) or do you have access to older files?
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/20/2012, 22:35   #26

oha, I'm curious about it, really =)
if you guys develop to do 1:1 epic4 its great too, no doupt.
...forest pixi, never heard it before.
Old 03/20/2012, 22:35   #27

We use the arcadia repack 1.3 as base and reduced the files to a minimum. This basically means we only have what the gameserver (which is still 6.X) offers. Well, our custom client is based on a release epic 4 client. Our server got modified in many ways, it basically has no idea what to do if you try to load things like maps which were released in epic 5 (like toa ect) and above. You can say it is completely downgraded to fit our needs.

Since english is my third language Im kinda out of vocabulary to describe things I'd like to describe here. For now: Youll see how it works if we release the full repack which could be in near future since our team made some nice progress so far. Beta test in april will show if it was worth it.

Btw, if anyone knows someone with decent knowledge in css and html, let me know.

Edit: As for skillbars, we are currently looking for a way to make this possible in our sframe. But our reverse engineerer is going to get married in 3 weeks, it could take a bit longer till we find a nice solution for this. Forest pixie is something you can find in current databases and older clients, it was planned but got canceled. Same with ent and astaroth.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/21/2012, 10:15   #28

I think you should try to use the 7.3 gs cause it's way more stable. the e6 will be up and running for approx. 10 hours with 100+ players and the 7.3 won't crash even with 250 players. If you have time, and if it's not too much work you should give it a try
Old 03/21/2012, 13:09   #29

Small Update: We currently have over 80 requests for beta testing which is huge compared to our expectations. We also received a response from our data-request which helps a bit in re-balancing the content. Sadly the gm's are not allowed to share things like drop/tame/exp percentage but they gave us a very basic overview of things which were accessable at different places like dungeon and field drops.

The user urusendayo was also kind enough to offer help with our website. Im very exited about this since we can probably (like 99%) start the first beta testing as planned on 2th april.

For the 7.3 GS we are not sure about this. Sure it offers nice features and additions compared to the older one but we wont make use of those anyway. Since our gs got modified in many ways (the way it deals with several things like checksums and packets) using the 7.3 GS now would put us behind in our time schedule. We also believe that recent servercrashs (like the old darknessfight ones) are related to several problems with the hybrid clients and general information on the database. The latest local test with 40 bot-accounts was a huge success here, server was up and running for exactly 48 hours without any problems. (Atleast no crashes or problems which would interrupt the gameplay)

But whatever, this is why we called it work in progress. More to come soon, ximagiz is currently working on the trailer which includes servertour and parts from a real dungeon party we made last night.

As for the skype requests I made earlier, we'll start contact those on friday and hope to catch most of them over the weekend for further information.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/21/2012, 13:41   #30

One word: Awesome!
This sounds like a good working team!