Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Discussion on [Help Thread] Please post your questions here. within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 01/30/2019, 23:35   #7366

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,461
Try

/run insert_staged_pet(8486, 5, 540203)
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2019, 08:33   #7367

elite*gold: 0
Yeah im getting a CaptainHerlock message :
Lua run string failed. 9 insert_staged_pet(8486, 5, 540203) ([string "insert_staged_pet(8486, 5, 540203)"]:1: attempt to call global ínsert_staged_pet' (a nill value))
Old 01/31/2019, 18:25   #7368

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHuge View Post
Yeah im getting a CaptainHerlock message :
Lua run string failed. 9 insert_staged_pet(8486, 5, 540203) ([string "insert_staged_pet(8486, 5, 540203)"]:1: attempt to call global ínsert_staged_pet' (a nill value))
Are you sure you added the function "insert_staged_pet" to a lua file in your scripts folder? This error is shown because the function is missing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2019, 18:48   #7369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Blaze View Post
Are you sure you added the function "insert_staged_pet" to a lua file in your scripts folder? This error is shown because the function is missing.
Yep i tripple checked .
Its added at the end of my ETC Script Function.lua
The code provided by Nikk in this thread
Old 01/31/2019, 19:27   #7370

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHuge View Post
Yep i tripple checked .
Its added at the end of my ETC Script Function.lua
The code provided by Nikk in this thread

Can you upload your lua file to pastebin or somewhere?
Old 01/31/2019, 19:40   #7371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Blaze View Post
Can you upload your lua file to pastebin or somewhere?
Old 02/01/2019, 04:25   #7372

Received Thanks: 1,188
@ : Does your Server use luas or elas?
And is your script saved as ela or lua then?
Check if in your gameserver.opt is ela_count still active.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/01/2019, 07:36   #7373

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkDevil View Post
@ : Does your Server use luas or elas?
And is your script saved as ela or lua then?
Check if in your gameserver.opt is ela_count still active.
Server uses lua
The script is saved as lua
The gameserver.opt has ela_count 0.

Okay , i got it fixed. You will laugh at this... ive been saving the Nikk script at the wrong place.
Now it works o.o thats why it was showing as the script was gone...
Aaah **** it. Sorry guys and thank you again.

btw anyone knows what the id for "Soul Creature Selective Potion" and Soul Creature Respec Potion" is ? I was looking in the item resources but cant find it...
Old 02/06/2019, 03:17   #7374

Hello guys,

anyone know, how can i make a Mobcounter ?
-> for example .. look at Arcane Rappelz or Epicaria =)

thx for help =)
Old 02/10/2019, 15:44   #7375

setting up 9.4

Sooooooo... I have setup 9.1 in the past. It all went well. Now I'm trying to setup 9.4 but it gives me trouble. I am sure it will be something silly that I'm missing but after hours of looking for the silly mistake I cannot find it. So i come here for advice.

The auth server works fine and connects without problem.

When i start the game server it crashes with the following gamelog.txt:
2019/02/10 15:16:23 DB COM ERROR(Thread:0, HRESULT:80040E4D, GUID:0C733A8B-2A1C-11CE-ADE5-00AA0044773D) : GameDBManager(GameDBManager::initDBConnection()) : Login failed for user 'saTelecaster'.

The concerning part of my opt which is converted to eop:
S:db.user.server:127.0.0.1\CRAPPELZ
S:db.user.name:Telecaster
S:db.user.account:saTelecaster
S:db.user._password:thepassword

The password in sql server for user saTelecaster is reset to thepassword, copy pasting to avoid typos. I can log in with the user to both the SQL Server Management Studio and using an udl file. The user has read, select, update and insert access rights for the Telecaster table.

So why won't the login work for the gameserver? Did I miss something like a port or so? Or is my VM haunted? Removing the password for the account and leaving the field empty works.

[EDIT]
After some poking around on the forum I found that the password may need to be encryped by DES generator before placing it in the opt file. Encrypting the password to cmNixJ0JjsIqU doesn't seem to be of any help. And I never did such a thing to get the 9.1 server to run... I am puzzled...

[/EDIT]
Old 02/10/2019, 22:25   #7376

The des encrypted password for thepassword is

4556000003006c3fff24d954c7db45ca7aa40cbb3e6ac0c0a3 dbdbdbd0059810db
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/11/2019, 18:47   #7377

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNikk View Post
The des encrypted password for thepassword is

4556000003006c3fff24d954c7db45ca7aa40cbb3e6ac0c0a3 dbdbdbd0059810db
I will try that tonight when i'm home from work. Fun fact... the DES generator that i used without thinking about it was the first non commercialized hit i clicked on google.

In hindsight this thing gives some random shizzle every time. Even if you type the same thing twice the result may vary... Google has betrayed me. More like how was i stupid enough to fall for that.. That was even more silly then i can imagine...

Anyways, thanks for checking/correcting ThunderNikk. You're a real hero on here. Sorry to have wasted your time I'll look for a DES generator that matches your encrypted string for 'thepassword'.
Old 02/11/2019, 22:00   #7378

Um the DES generators that come with the server files were written by a developer here named Pyrok

You will probably not find them through a google search as they are specific to the rappelz hashes.

I can link them for you later tonight when I get to my files but there was a new one released for 9.4 and for server files earlier than that there is an older DES encrypt tool
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/18/2019, 20:19   #7379

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNikk View Post
Um the DES generators that come with the server files were written by a developer here named Pyrok

You will probably not find them through a google search as they are specific to the rappelz hashes.

I can link them for you later tonight when I get to my files but there was a new one released for 9.4 and for server files earlier than that there is an older DES encrypt tool
Sorry for the late reply. I've had some serious migraine the past week so I avoided my computerscreen. You are right, it is included in the server files. I just didn't realize RappelzZLibPassword.exe is reffered to as the DES encrypt tool. That is probably why I could get the 9.1 server running last year. I overlooked it this time and did not remember what it was for until I matched the hash you gave to the one that tool generates.

While I'm here I might as well put up a question. I like the old rappelz way, before soul taming was introduced. Sooooo... i made soul taming a real end game feature. where only unique soul taming cards can drop when facing the strongest dungeon bosses, underground and such. Because it is cool to tame dungeon bosses, who wouldn't want that!

But what always saddened me when playing the actual game is that you cannot upgrade creature cards. Sure, you can stage, but that introduces that annoying pet durability that i never liked. So the idea i have is to create extra cards. So you could go to an NPC, pay X amount of rupees and POOF! your basic tortoise now became a normal basic tortoise. Pay X more rupees again and POOF, special basic and so on until you can have you unique tort, skeleton, harpy, angel, genie, lalala you get the idea.

To do this i can insert new creature cards, give them new stat ID's, change their skill trees (skill power also needs to go up, this will be the most time consuming i suppose) and provide the NPC that performs the upgrade (should be some work but doable i guess? I can take info from the evolution NPC's). I believe I will manage everything up until here with the necessary time investment.

That brings me to the question part: If i were to create empty creature cards for these extra rarities. Would it be possible to have a tortoise tamed by multiple different cards? basic empty tortoise=> basic tamed tortoise | special rare empty tortoise => special rare tamed tortoise.

Does anyone have experience doing something like this? If not I will take it on myself and see where I get. I do not mind sharing the result if I can get it to work and people show interest. Except for the resource and help thread, is there like a sharing place for people working on projects like this? It could greatly improve the diversity among private servers.

extra question 1: Does anyone know a way of removing pet durability on staged pets? If you increase the value from 5 to 100 it works and your pet can die 100 times before breaking the card. But if you put it on 0 the pet is broken with a high negative value for durability. I guess it might be hard coded into the SFRAME to break the card when having 0 durability? How about preventing the durability drop? Does anybody know where/how this happens or is it also the SFRAME that SQLs the database? It appears to also be impossible to remove durability from soul stones. It can be set to a low decreasing value but I cannot find a way to prevent the drop. Where are the soul stone values saved in Telecaster? Has anyone found the trigger that lowers the value or is the query inside of the SFRAME? Again, any possible info on how to prevent the drop or just have it automatically restored to full at intervals would be appreciated.

Extra question 2: does anyone remember the last epic before they revamped the creature skills? I would like to return some of my old favorites like the siren 'whip' skill. if anyone knows which Arcadia I need to get my hands on that would be greatly appreciated. That could save me a lot of time, otherwise I have to download and check all server files i find.

Extra question 3: Is it true that the amazing revolution team has had their hands on the actual server files instead of the Korean beta? If that were true that would be AMAZING!!! Especially if it includes complete older versions as well. I for one cannot wait for the day where they share this awesome source!!(If it ever happens of course, no pressure )

Sooooo, this was a lot of text. I hope anyone actually will take the time to read it and maybe come up with some interesting information
Old 02/19/2019, 00:30   #7380

Extra Question 1: I think you just need to make new RDBs for the client when you set the dura to 0 for it to work right.

Extra Question 2: Epic 4, not sure if there is an Arcadia available for that epic. I think NGemnity Epic 4 project Arcadia is based off of an Epic 5 Arcadia but they did get the old pet skills restored and working from the client rebuild and the game server code.

Extra Question 3: No one really knows exactly what they have at this point except for their team.

As far as your first question creating a new pet card and having it work for taming other rarity of creatures I wouldn't really know how to approach that one.

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz